Author Topic: Hero's Coven  (Read 6514 times)

Offline Drakesword

• The Ace Group
    • View Profile
Hero's Coven
« on: March 06, 2013, 02:59:57 PM »
It was another sunny day in the city, the birds were chirping. The people in traffic weren't cursing as much as normal. And a group of teens with glowing eyes were blasting their way through the walls of a bank with a few large fireballs and ice shards...wait...what?

The group of teens laughed as the bank's walls had a huge hole in the thick concrete from the science of heating then cooling it so quickly to knock a hole with their third bigger friend that seemed to have stone fists.  They jumped in getting huge amounts of money and some other valuables before a flash of lighting floated across the city streets over the street lights and a well known face appeared sitting on one crossing his arms.

"Didn't your parents tell you blowing holes in buildings then taking the stuff inside is wrong?" He asked with a grin then swung down kicking the larger guy in the face knocking him on his rear then flip back away from a burst of fire.  He then ducked under a shard of Ice and made a Tsk sound.

"Now now...No need to hit me with some ice cubes." He said with a chuckle as the trio of teens wore the same style of black shirts with a purple skull symbol which he noticed, "Wait...what's with the Shirts?" As he asked that, he felt himself getting kicked toward a wall from the biggest of the trio.

Offline Kimoto

• Tragedy's King
  • Administrator
  • The Ace Group
  • Broken Beyond Repair
    • View Profile
Re: Hero's Coven
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 08:30:14 PM »
Naomi handed a man his coffee, while sighing. It was still work hours, and she honestly just wanted to get some shopping done.

"I need more groceries... And more materials, that uniform keeps getting destroyed...

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
  • ...Just being lazy as heck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 10:12:05 PM »
"...And this book goes right there." Ristoro whispered as she held onto the ladder to place where the book goes on the higher shelves. She is currently on her shift in the local library at the moment.

As she climbs down, still feeling watched as ever since her family calls in the health inspections from.... She forget. But that doesn't mean her family bans her from cooking that would've send them to heaven! Then Ristoro sighs as she just realized that she's in her mood again, "...What's done is done Ristoro. Just stick to the life you have now..."

Depressingly, the worker in the library continues her shift, though at a slower pace. Wondering where she'll make use of her creative talent now...

CartoonE

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 04:11:31 PM »
Unbeknownst to Ristoro, there was a small hole in the wall near the bookshelf where she was working. Inside that hole, Professor Nibbles was muttering to himself, as he scribbled equations on a scrap of notebook paper with the stub of a pencil.

"Hmm...If I carry the three, and then divide the result by 7.5, and convert the result to degrees Centigrade...Ah!" He dropped the stub of pencil, then scurried over to the hole (or, as he thought of it, "door"). "I'll need to get my paws on a book on the biology of crustaceans, to confirm what I have deduced about the body temperature of lobsters..."

With that, he peeked out of the hole, at the shelf where the biology books were. He muttered an oath under his breath when he saw the library worker (he had heard the head librarian call her "Risotto" or some such name) working at the very same shelf.

"Dash it all," he griped. "She has to be working there now, of all times?"

He paused for a moment, running some numbers in is head, and then said, "Bah, I'll risk it. It has been a while since I had my daily constitutional." He then slipped silently out of his hole, and started working his way towards the bookshelf, using the furniture as cover to avoid beeing seen by the library worker. The last thing he needed was for her to scream and blow his cover. After all, exterminators were so bothersome, even if they couldn't do much.

Offline MisterGreen

• The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 07:06:28 PM »
A sigh was heard. "Slow day..." Jayce mumbled, quietly standing behind the counter in the local coffee shop. Being a barista was sometimes fun, once you got past the ridiculous orders and annoying people. But today, for some reason felt especially slow. Shoulders dropping, eyes continually closing, Jayce continued just making coffee.

"Just a little cream...oh god I've got a damn test tomorrow."

Jayce sighed. Procrastination was a bitch. But, a job is a job.

JackMcDack

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 12:11:51 AM »
(I am typing this from my iPod touch. I'll try to keep up, but I make no promises.)

To any passer-by, Aurora might have looked downright insane; she was humming to her own tune, always gawking at the slightest thing, stopping to have in-depth discussions with anything that would pay attention to her, whether it be a child, squirrel, dog, tree, even the wind might get a comment if a particularly large gust blew across her face. Maybe normal for a child, but certainly not a young adult like her. To anything that did listen, she would talk about everything being just a dream, or about her various other dreams, which were almost all grand adventures, ranging from fighting dragons to freeing a race of cat-people to just plain having tea with a horse on the moon. She was an odd one that seemed to pop out of nowhere, but no one questioned it; the only people who payed attention to her were children (Anyone human, anyway).

Currently she was talking with a dog tied up outside a library (she assumed the owner was inside) about how she met a boy who went to a psychotic camp or something in one dream.

Nobody

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 03:56:54 AM »
"Excuse me, where are the mystery novels?"

Edgar sighed and reluctantly turned away from the short story he'd been perusing to face the newest dopey-looking customer. Not that dopeyness was a unique trait; no, most people he met had that look about them, to him. "Over there." He pointed to a big shelf with a large sign affixed to it reading "Mysteries" in large black print, a large magnifying glass in the center of it above the text. "The shelf with the big sign reading 'Mysteries' that no one could possibly miss unless they were blind or stupid, and pardon me if you don't look blind...sir." He deadpanned, his face and voice emotionless but his eyes gleaming with obvious disdain for the customer. "Anything else I can help you with, sir? Maybe you need help on where to find the bathroom? I'll give you a hint; it's that room a couple of small children are doing potty dances outside of."

The customer shook his head and went to the mysteries, mumbling about "kids these days" and "attitude adjustments". Oh, do forgive me if I'm feeling a little miffed about helping a bunch of selfish idiots discover the answer to the stupidest of questions all day, He thought to himself as he grumbled and continued to peruse his book. I know it's wrong of me to dislike you for thinking the highest priority on your list with all this rampant crime is to go and buy that new book Blenn Geck or whoever wrote, but I just can't help myself. He shook his head and returned back to his book. No matter, he would do something about it once the work day was done; for now, his primary interest was in Pickman's Model and its horrific implications.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 01:42:43 PM »
Ristoro deep in her thoughts, does not notice a mouse. She place the last of the books for the Biology section and climbs down the ladder to where her cart of books are. Then push the cart to another book section, though slowly due to how many books on the cart.

When she reached the next section, routine repeats as usual.

Offline Drakesword

• The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 02:50:42 PM »
"OH COME ON!" Silver Storm was able to shot as the largest of the group threw him into the Library window and made him hit some of the shelves of books which made him land square on his ass nearly covered in books. He blinked a bit as he saw the hole he made in the window and the indent that was coming through one of the old Library's thick wall. It grew as he felt the building shudder and a fist come flying through.

Soon the wall had a huge hole in it with the brute of the three cracking his knuckles and Silver storm jumping up telling everyone to get out before someone got hurt.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 03:34:29 PM »
Ristoro heard a loud sound, before noticing the shelves rumbling. Widen in fright, she tried to move down the latter to the point of nearly jump off when the book shelf fell onto her. She landed roughly on the floor... Safe and fortunately her glasses didn't fall off, though need to positioned correctly which is done moments later.

Then she heard a voice that she heard on the news lately, named Silver Storm, who is warning everyone to escape. Panic rise up as Ristoro tries to make her escape, but can't move as a flash of pain came through her body. That is when the woman noticed that she is trapped under the huge shelves. She don't know what to do in this situation, except...

"Help!" Ristoro cries out as she tries to get herself out from under the bookshelves.

CartoonE

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 03:59:43 PM »
During the above events, Professor Nibbles had let out an undignified squeak of terror, and  made tracks for the nearest piece of cover he could find: an overturned bookshelf. Abandoning all thoughts of lobster biology and the temperature needed for the World's Most Delicious Bisque, he dived through a crack between the shelf and the floor, and cowered underneath an overturned book.

Or at least, he did, until he saw that Ricotta girl not five inches away from the tip of his nose, calling for help. At that time, he started running some numbers through his head. Judging from the position that she was lying in, and the amount of books usually kept on a shelf the size of the one that was currently covering them both, Professor Nibbles deduced that the shelf was pinning the girl's leg, and that it wold be too heavy for his telekinesis to fully lift on its own.

However, if the girl pushed upwards in tandem with his telekinesis, it just might be enough.

"Miss Ricotta!" he yelled, only barely realizing in the heat of the moment that he was blowing his cover. "If you can understand me, then push upwards on the shelf with your hands on the count of three!"
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 04:19:07 PM by CartoonE »

JackMcDack

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 05:24:31 PM »
In the middle of her story, Auroa was interrupted by a crash, a shout to leave the building, and more than a few people bidding a hasty retreat from the library. To normal people, this would be a sign to get the hell outta dodge and forget all about the incident. To Aurora, this was cause for an investigation. She bid adeu to the dog and walked right on in, and noticed three things. One; the man she saw on the TV however long ago. Two; some big guy in a black shrt. And three, a soman who looked like a libraian caught under a shelf. Instinct kicked in and, without thinking, Aurora rushed towards the librarian and trid to lift the shelf she was trapped under. Key word being 'tried'; she was kind of stronger than your average joe, but it was too big and heavy to do it by herself, and probably still too big if the traped woman helped, too.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2013, 05:49:03 PM »
Ristoro heard someone telling her instructions, but looks to find the source. Only finds nothing except a rodent front of her. ...Is her imagination talking to her? Cause she is very sure that mice do not talk, but that doesn't mean she won't take that advise!

The librarian worker takes the imaginary voice's advice by placing her hands on the shelf, ready to push the shelf up. At that very moment, someone came and help her to pull the shelf up.

"One... Two... Three!" Using her back, Ristoro tries to push the shelf up with someone's assistance.

CartoonE

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2013, 06:29:41 PM »
Professor Nibbles activated his telekinesis when Risotto started pushing, and concentrated the full extent of his power on the bookshelf. The shelf slowly began to rise up, freeing Risotto's leg in the process. As the shelf rose, Professor Nibbles noted that another of the library's workers was helping to lift the shelf off of Risotto. "Okay!" he grunted, sweating a little from the effort. "When I say 'now', Miss Ricotta, I want you to get clear of this shelf! Roll away if you have to! Just get out from under there!"

Offline Kimoto

• Tragedy's King
  • Administrator
  • The Ace Group
  • Broken Beyond Repair
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2013, 11:57:23 PM »
Naomi sighed, as she finished her shift, and left, without even changing.

"I wonder if anything is going on today..."