Author Topic: Confinement RP  (Read 5194 times)

JackMcDack

Confinement RP
« on: January 30, 2013, 05:18:57 PM »
Mind Over Matter looked, from the outside, like a small clinic, the kind of place that would be suitable for a family doctor. Many would question how they could get anything done of significance, especially for a place that used to boast the tagline "Upgrading the Brain". Those who question obviously have never signed up for any tests and found out why it looks so small; nearly the entire facility is underground, and they didn't really give a damn if anyone knew about it, either. Listening to the PA system would grant you with messages about the various levels to the building (Apparently Level 17 was off-limits if you didn't have led plating in your uniform, and Level 34 was only accessible if you were 21 or older). The top floor itself served more as a waiting area for those who were participants in testing.

Today was a rather slow day; only six people were waiting for today's test. The 'House Arrest' test was one of the newer tests for Mind Over Matter; it had only been done four times before, and the second test was only ever referred to as "The test we don't talk about anymore". Preparations were being made for the fifth test, and the six participants had been in the waiting room for a half hour already.

TomJackal

Re: Confinement RP
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 09:22:50 PM »
Alistair "Doc" Schleifen, having quickly become unentertained by the wait, had decided to read through the book he had picked up the other day. For the sake of convenience, he always kept it in the left pocket of his lab coat. He opened to the page that was bookmarked and started reading. Though, as time went on, a small scowl formed on his face. This is one of my daughter's trashy romance novels. he thought, disappointed that he didn't have the book he was reading before. Alistair sighed and put the book mark back in its place, then stuffed the little paperback into his coat pocket again. Maybe he could have it sent back to his house before the test began.

JackMcDack

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 11:02:50 PM »
Warren was sitting in his chair, legs crossed, cane on his lap. He was sitting as still as humanly possible, to the point that you could paint him bronze and pass him off as a statue. He was doing what he always does when he needs to wait for anything; thinking. About what, no one could tell, and it was arguable that even he knew what he was thinking about. He'd stay like this for hours if he needed to, but he definitely preferred it if the wait wouldn't be much longer.

----------

Amy was sitting in her chair, drawing a...I don't know, a flower or something, look, it's flippin' late and I need to go to bed. You get the idea, I'll wait for Nobody to post and then actually start the real RP. Gaaaah. My brain no work on low sleep no food in tummy.

Nobody

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 08:08:37 PM »
Lacey sat on a chair near Alistair, and had been curiously peeking over at the book he was reading. "What were you reading?" She asked when he put it away.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Gladys sat with her legs crossed, softly humming a merry tune. She was nearly absently looking around the area.

---------------------------------------------

Aaron looked around impatiently. "So, is this absurd waiting time part of the experiment thing or...?"

JackMcDack

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 11:05:17 PM »
The PA system clicked on, and an enthusiastic voice started speaking. "Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to Mind Over Matter! We here thank you for willingly offering your bodies so that we may...wait, I've just gotten word that this is, in fact, not the test I was thinking about. Which one was today..." A sound of rustling papers is picked up by the speakers. "Ah! Right, the, uh, House Arrest test. Shame, I was looking forward to that test...Ahem. Anyway, I'd still like to thank you for helping us. Really. It means quite a lot to me. Me, personally. You have no idea how much it costs to keep paying people to do stupid tests like this. I love science as much as the next guy, but it really puts a strain on your pocket. But yes, the House Arrest test. I trust you all read the paper, so I'm just going to direct you straight to the elevator. Hm? Oh, right, introductions! I'm John Carter. Make any jokes about the movie you want, I've heard them all."

The Elevator closest to the group opened up.

(And now I have to go to bed, of course. Aaargh. I'm sensing a trend. Assume that everyone's in the elevator and make conversation if you want.)

TomJackal

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 07:48:21 AM »
Alistair turned to Lacey in the elevator. "To answer your question from before, miss, I'm not really sure exactly what it was. All I know is that it was one of my daughter's dimestore paperback romance novels... One of the trashier ones at that..."

Nobody

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 06:37:19 PM »
"Huh...what's it called?" Lacey asked. "I read a lot of romance novels so I might know what you're talking about."

TomJackal

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 08:27:15 PM »
"Eh... Hold on," Alistair dug through his coat pocket, then pulled the dimestore paperback out. "Here it is. Uh... Lost in Seas of Silver."

Nobody

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 09:12:12 PM »
"Hmmm...yeah, that one wasn't all that good." Lacey said, looking over it.

------------------------------------------------

Gladys tapped her foot somewhat impatiently and scanned the surroundings. Didn't take too long, considering it was an elevator, so instead she turned to Warren. "So, uh...what's up?"

JackMcDack

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 10:09:48 PM »
Warren shrugged. "Nothing much. Say, could you tell me your name? The only voice I know is Amy."

Amy, upon hearing her name, looked up from her sketchbook and waved to Gladys.

Nobody

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 10:11:57 PM »
Gladys smiled. "My name is Gladys. Your name is Warren, correct?"

JackMcDack

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 01:52:05 PM »
Warren nodded, but before he could question Gladys, the PA system in the elevator came on.

"Alright, folks" Mr. Carter's voice rang over the calm elevator music, "we-and by we, I mean the people I hired to build this place-have conveniently made the elevator shaft go directly to the house. Don't worry if you think you'll be up all night; the entire house is soundproofed, and the elevator won't open on this floor unless you enter the code. Speaking of which, someone hit floors 8-26-96 in that order to open the door. I trust you've all read the paper, so you know what it looks like. Er, most of you, anyway."

Amy, being closest to the buttons, entered the code, and the elevator door opened up to a hallway. If you give me a second, I can make a crude Paint picture of the blueprint of the house.

JackMcDack

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 02:12:11 PM »
(Rough map;

Black = Wall
Gray = Half-wall
Blue = Stairs

Upstairs is just one long hallway with six doors, each door leading to a room. Everybody is at the bottom of the hallway now.)

Nobody

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 08:36:43 PM »
"Homey." Aaron walked into the house, looking around.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Not bad." Lacey stepped into the house. "Not bad at all. Soundproof, so if Stacey throws a wild party or something it'll be fine."

---------------------------------------------------

"Hmm, nice place." Gladys immediately walked off to explore the house and map it out.

JackMcDack

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 09:01:49 PM »
"Not bad," Amy said, "Better than home, at least."

"I'll have this place down in a few hours." Warren thought aloud, before walking down the hall, feeling the hallway the entire way.