Author Topic: Yugioh: War of Heroes  (Read 21017 times)

Offline LinkFTW

• Global Moderator
  • The Queen Group
    • View Profile
Yugioh: War of Heroes
« on: January 14, 2013, 10:02:57 PM »
Let me tell you a story, an old tale of friendship, love, and whatever else you find stinking under your bed in the morning. Well, you know what they say, all stories start at a beginning. So here's one that not a lot of people know about.

See, there was once a portal to a world that existed long ago, hidden deep within the sands of the great Kingdom of Egypt. The location of this portal was only ever known by the Pharaoh and was to be shared with no one else. This portal led to a world of ancient creatures and mighty warriors, of mysterious sorcerers and fabulous beasts. It was said that whoever could harness so much of a fraction of that portal's power would hold the secrets of the universe itself.

Of course, the inhabitants of the world beyond the portal often crossed into ours, though we could not cross into theirs. Most of them came with noble intention, seeking to help protect us. Others came with darker intent, hoping to secure this world for themselves. While the noble ones were able to drive the more fiendish beasts away, there soon came a time when an especially powerful being came into this world: Zork, the Master of Darkness. Zork made allies with many of the black-hearted fiends of the Other World and it was not long before he amassed an army.

Soon, a Civil War broke out, one that ravaged the land and destroyed the way of life as the people knew it. Whole armies, monster and human alike, were destroyed. When the smoke cleared, the humans and the noble-hearted beings of the Other World stood victorious, but at a great cost.

10,000 years later, the war shall begin anew. And with this new beginning comes a new cycle of incarnations.

Takashi woke up and stared at the giant poster of the Blue Eyes White Dragon on the ceiling. Today was yet another day of trying to get his friends to wake up and smell the Splendid Roses. Another day of trying to get them to rediscover who they were really.

He groaned and flipped over. Five more minutes... that's all he needed...

"TAKAAAAAAAAAA! THAT TOURNAMENT YOU'RE HOSTING'S GOING TO START REALLY SOOOOOON! GET YOU ASS DOWN HERE AND HAVE BREAKFAAAAAAAAST!"

He smelt bacon.

Five seconds later, he was shoveling the stuff into his mouth.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
  • ...Just being lazy as heck.
    • View Profile
Re: Yugioh: War of Heroes
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 11:14:13 PM »
Alarm clock buzzed loudly through out the bedroom, a hand rose from the sleeper's bed and slams down on the annoying machine. Which it take several times to beat down the button til it is silenced.

"....mm.... Several more minutes." Lynd's voice muffled by her pillow, before curls up under her blanket in attempt to return to dreamland. Reason being that she stayed up late to play her gaming on the internet as it involved join a group of players in a raid against powerful bosses. It didn't end well.... For the players.

Sleep didn't came for several minutes, before the messy haired girl bothers to check the time of her alarm clock. The blue head groans at the time, it reminded her of a important appointment today... Moments later, Lynd went out of her bed and goes to get ready.

....Why did it take place in mornings for the rare occasion she decide to build up the courage of playing in a Duel Monsters tourney!?

He needed to get ready for today as Naoki going to be very busy for the tournament, where he's going to run all over the place from one shift to another. This is the important day for paying his rent, regardless of his lack of interest in Duel Monsters.

In fact, the young man is seen running on the sidewalk to get to where the local tournament take place, agile avoid a occasional early bird joggers at the time. He need to be early for his first shift of the job, which is covering the front desk til the event starts.

"Okay Naoki... You can handle this." He talked to himself, keeping his breath at a steady rhythm. He can deal with whatever crap throws at him today on the job, especially from what he heard about the tournament's host.

Offline PitFTW

• Creator of Guardians
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 11:01:09 PM »
Austin... was struggling, to put it in simplest words.

He was teetering on a stool, trying his best to pin up a banner. Unfortunately, the tournament's host enjoyed big spectacular things. So this stool was, of course, balanced on a table balanced on another table balanced on a third table balanced on a chair. Therefore, it was a teetery tottery thing.

He groaned as he realized that he was STILL too short to get the banner high enough. Hopefully his help would arrive soon...

"WHERE IS EVERYONE!?"

"Taka, it's three hours before the doors actually open for tournament goers..." his cousin, Akane sighed, "No one's going to show up for a while..."

"But what about the food? The music? The practice rooms? The piņata!?"

"They'll all be eaten... and listened to... and whacked in due time," Akane drawled, shuffling papers around the registration desk. She spotted someone coming up in the distance. "Look, that must be one of our hired helpers."

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 12:06:08 AM »
Naoki just enter through the doors of building, pause a moment to take a breather as he takes a moment to glance. Not much people within the building aside from three people, one of whom that he seen on television that shown Duel Monster matches. ...Not his choice though as alot of channels involved dueling, so it can't be helped that he knew who the guy is. Anyone does, unless they lived a 6ft under a rock and deaf as hell.

Once he gathered his breath, Naoki regains his posture and walks to the desk with two people. One of them is the Dragon Duelist and loudmouth named Takashi Fujiwara.

"...Ready for my shift." Naoki answered to a possible question from one of them, straight to the point. No formalities and do not bother with the time.

Lynd yawns, again. Rubbing her eyes underneath her glasses. She still feeling sleepy as she took another sip from her cup of coffee, current looking over her decks once more. Currently deciding what to use for the tournament.

"What to choose...." Lynd muttered tiredly, lean on her table with one hand. Looking through a couple of cards, feeling that she can't change them as it is til match time. It's either the deck she familar with or the deck she felt needing some tests in the tournament. Although it's not like she believed in making far in the tournament as it's just a hobby.

She sigh, before drink the rest of her coffee and put the cards back to their respective decks in their deck boxes. Then gets up to hook the boxes to her belt hidden under her vest. The blue head looked at the time... Three hours til it start.

Should she wait? Or get there early for registry before the long line comes in?

With what happened to her if she do things at the last minute, Lynd should just go.....

"Nah, need to check the some stuff from the Internet...." Lynd lazily said, before hops on the computer, using it to scour the internet. Checking on some stories and listen to music. It is still early to get to the tourney.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 01:37:22 AM by Nask »

Offline Slider Eclipse

• Founder
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 02:14:53 PM »
blitz woke with a yawn.. yet another day to duel as he flipped out of his bed and stretched, boxes scattered around his room. " yet another day to prove my greatness!" he said to himself with a grin as he got dressed.  finishing up by attaching his deckbox to his belt he ran down stairs, and after saying bye to his mom  grabbed a peice of toast and ran out the door. after all no point in wasting time. hes got a tournament to get too!

=====================================================================================================

in a dark ally near the building taka and co are in everything was quiet.. then a small vortex of blue energy appeared startling the cats that slept in the dumpster filled with rancid bacon nearby. dumping out young claire and sealing up. " haha thats the last time i try to grab a bite to eat from old pegisis ( A/N: not the actual one, a distant relative of his though)." she said with a lauigh as she dusted herself off.  " now then, where did i end up.. " she said to herself as she walked out of the allyway...
List of Note worthy Quotes

"I wouldn't just call the police, I would call the police." ~ Pokemon X boards
"It's not that Nintendo hates the rest of the world. It's that Nintendo will only sleep with one part of the world. The rest of the world and Nintendo are just friends." Pokemon X Boards

Offline PitFTW

• Creator of Guardians
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 02:21:59 PM »
Akane smiled. "Alright, so you can start with-"

"Scratching my back!" Takashi interrupted. He turned his back to Naoki. "There's this itch I've been trying to get since this morning and it's killing me!"

"Um... help!?" Austin shouted over his shoulder as he teetered. Before anyone could do anything, he was on the floor, the banner landing on his head.

"And after you finish with that, you can go ahead and mosey on over to the basement to grab me a donut. Then after that, run down to the coffee shop to grab me a frappe, and after that-" Takashi blinked. ".... On second thought, take all your stuff from Akane. There's something I gotta attend to..." with that, he ran out.

Akane rolled her eyes. "He can be so random at times... okay Naoki, man the registration desk. The duelists should be arriving soon. Just check their ID and stamp them if their decks are legal, got it?"

A door behind Claire opened. Takashi stepped out, Ritual Weapon in hand.

"Alright, stick 'em up. I know what you are and from the looks of this weapon, you probably know what I am. Now... friend or foe?"

Offline Slider Eclipse

• Founder
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 02:27:20 PM »
claire was startled and quiclkly raised her hands. " i'm sorry please doin't throw me in jail! how was i suppose to know that pegisis had an allergic reaction to seeing girls!?" she quickly muttered before she turned around to see him. " oh..  ehehe sorry thought you were one of those goons that chased me earlier.. names claire and i'm a friend to anyone who doesn't have a P**** spike" she said with a chuckle.

"It's not that Nintendo hates the rest of the world. It's that Nintendo will only sleep with one part of the world. The rest of the world and Nintendo are just friends." Pokemon X Boards

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 02:36:12 PM »
Naoki stares at the moment where Takashi left, don't know if he's relieved or not since it IS part of the job. Only to be saved by the last minute with the other job.

"Got it." The worker confirmed. Though he may need to look over the recent lists on the computer just to be sure, before the duelists arrived. His knowledge is outdated on what's illegal or what's not in recent releases. He then walks to behind the registry desk and man it.

"Is there anything else I should keep an eye out for?" Naoki asked as he looks over the papers.

Lynd smiles as she finished her internet time, before looks at the time. Enough to make it to the tournament, she turned off the computer and get up.

Moments later, she left the apartment and head her way to where the local tournament is located. All she hear is anime songs through her D-Gazer's ear piece.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 02:48:44 PM by Nask »

TomJackal

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 02:45:18 PM »
While Lynd might be getting there on time, Kaito might not. He slept in an hour later than me meant to, so now he's rushing around trying to get ready. The young man went through his usual morning routine faster than he usually did, and nearly left the house with his shirt on backwards and no deck. After righting his obvious foul-ups, Kaito ran out the door, hopped on his bike, and tore down the street, burning rubber as he sped to the tournament location.

Offline PitFTW

• Creator of Guardians
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 03:08:46 PM »
Akane opened her mouth, but closed it as she ducked random flying objects from Austin... collapsing onto the floor once again.

"Just those. And try not to let too many Monster Reborns slip under the radar. The last time someone managed to slip five in made quite the mess."

Takashi's eyes narrowed. "... You're awakened... okay, who are you and how much money do you owe me from that bet I made with everyone 10,000 years ago on whether or not my dragon could chomp Zork's dick dragon thing?"

Offline Slider Eclipse

• Founder
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 03:16:03 PM »
" As i recall it was you who owed me $50 for betting that zork actually enjoyed having his dragon dick biten." Claire Smirked before bowing and introducing herself. " Claire, reincarnation of Dimension Wanderer at your service."

=======================================================================================================

Blitz made it with good time and kicked open the front doors to the building. " Behold! it is i the great and magnificent Blitz who has arrived!" he shouted to the heavens in style. " if you hear crying thats just your decks weeping at the pain they are about to receive from me!" he contenued with a cocky grin on his face.

Offline PitFTW

• Creator of Guardians
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 03:17:25 PM »
Akane pokerfaced at Blitz' entrance. ".... Just when I thought no one could possibly get any louder than my cousin..."

Takashi inclined his head. "Takashi, Paladin of the White Dragon. I take it you're not from here?"

Offline Slider Eclipse

• Founder
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 03:20:11 PM »
" i am and i ain't, i tend to travel around alot. nothing better than adventuring around the world with naught but the clothes on your back and your deck by your side" she said with a wistful smile.  " anyway, pleased to meet you again taka, it is alright if i call you taka isn't it?" she contenued. while offering a handshake.

TomJackal

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 03:30:38 PM »
Hey, you know what would suck? If Blitz got ran over on accident right after his big entrance. Good thing that's not gonna- OH WAIT IT TOTALLY IS.

He was almost there. Kaito was so close to the tournament building. he only broke through one fruit cart and disturbed three flocks of birds on the way here, so he's getting better about not hurting himself when he's in a rush on his bike. A little grin came to his face as he closed in, but it quickly turned into a look of surprised horror when he hit a curb and went flying in the air. By a stroke of dumb luck, he and his bike went through the doors, and Kaito indirectly ran some guy standing in front of the door with his bike. As he sailed trough the air, a thousand screams tore through his brain, and they all came together in one singular phrase when he crashed.
"OH CRAP."

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 03:40:32 PM »
Naoki nods in agreement with the same pokerface. He pulls up the holographic computer and keyboard. "...Deck and ID?"

Just as he asked that, some guy on a bicycle runs over the loud guy. This is odd.

Yeah.... Pretend the show didn't happen. Pretend it is normal.

Lynd for the moment as she felt a strong gust, causing her to hold her sweater-like dress down to avoid her undergarments revealed in public. She didn't hear anything due to hearing some old anime openings booming through her ears and looks up to see.... Track marks on the side walk?

...Odd. The blue head continue forward to reach the building, which it didn't take long.

What met her sight is one guy crashed on another guy, which she raised her eyebrow. "How did that happen?" Lynd asked, before she goes to help the black hair boy up.