Author Topic: Reawakening: A Fire Emblem AU.  (Read 34629 times)

Offline Copycat13

• The Merchant
  • Global Moderator
  • The Queen Group
  • N-nani!?
    • View Profile
Reawakening: A Fire Emblem AU.
« on: November 03, 2017, 12:30:55 PM »
The village, Antol, is a quiet and small village close to the border of Ylissian grasslands and Plegian wastes. The village Inn and Bar is where many weary and tired adventurers and mercs rest but not for long in fear the risen might give chase. Many forget the village existence once they leave. Now the influx of people to the this remote place brings all sorts. They look for the one the villagers call “The Oracle” a man who foresaw the true end of Grima. The man who can tell them how to end the beast.

In the market a man with medium length mess of hair quietly stands moving his head scanning the area. Not unlike some he wears sorcerer garb dulled and weathered by the elements the once black cloak is now dull grey with holes and tears. The scarred skin tanned by long journeys and untold combat the most striking feature on the man is his clouded eyes that peer into the far distance. The man lifts his hand and only through his eyes can he see how the wind moves charged with magic, he can see the crowds shift and turn like a tide. With sure footed step he heads towards the Inn or what he assumes must be based on the noise inside. A smile seems plastered to his face as he moves forward with grace and practiced step.

Offline Kimoto

• Tragedy's King
  • Administrator
  • The Ace Group
  • Broken Beyond Repair
    • View Profile
Re: Reawakening: A Fire Emblem AU.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 06:24:59 PM »
Sipping a drink, a young woman glanced up from her seat on the ground, watching someone walk towards the Inn. The woman herself was just sitting outside of it, as she twisted and turned a stone over in circles, a look of disinterest on her face. She didn't pick up anything important from this man, thus she just turned away from observing him and instead went back to fiddling with the item in her hand.

"... Came all this way and nothin..."

Offline TheBlossomingLily

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 10:38:19 PM »
Attempting to hide most of his face and attire underneath a brown cloak, a feminine face's eyes glanced around the village, eventually finding and locking onto the inn. With below-average height, the cloaked traveler easily entered the inn among other groups. The traveler's eyes wandered again, taking in the unfamiliar view of such a gathering of mercenaries, travelers, and the like; the atmosphere felt foreign, in comparison to the common casual banter among villagers.

Not wanting to stand out from literally just standing in awe of the place, the traveler sits alone at a small table near the counter and takes out a notebook he pretends to read through while trying to listen to any relevant gossip.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 11:15:31 PM by TheBlossomingLily »

Offline Copycat13

• The Merchant
  • Global Moderator
  • The Queen Group
  • N-nani!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 10:48:31 PM »
A passing by merc brandishing his sword to an archer pass by the woman who in their perspective is playing in the dirt.

"I'm telling you I could have taken that rich bastard at the bar! Double or nothing!"
"Sorry mate but I'm telling you he was holding back. Plus we need that money to buy some more vulneraries anyway from the last fight you were in."

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
  • ...Just being lazy as heck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 10:59:14 PM »
An tall, young man with braided hair is seen drinking his ale, currently stewing in his thoughts and as well as to rest abit from his travels. He watched the bar going on it's business, probably booming business thanks to the influx of people coming in for that rumor.

Well, better get started. Things won't get down if he idles around.

Once it seem like the man behind the counter doesn't look TOO busy in his eyes, he calls out to them as he wave out to him. "Oi. Barkeep, I got a question here I would like to ask." He give the man an casual grin, probably to make things abit ease.

Offline Copycat13

• The Merchant
  • Global Moderator
  • The Queen Group
  • N-nani!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 11:29:37 PM »
The barkeeper turns to look at the man and shrugs walking over. "What do ya need lad? Not often I see a feroxi bowman." all the while he polishes a glass mug.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sorcerer hums quietly as he opens the door to the bar. The lack of wind in the building doesn't really help him as he attempts to find a place to eavesdrop on the local conversations. Finding a  table near the counter he takes a seat not noticing the figure already there. Of course the sure-footed grace he had outside goes out the window as he almost falls out of the seat after banging his knee against the table. He laughs at his clumsiness.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 01:29:06 AM »
The young man would give a nod to that, probably as a complement.

"What can you tell me about this "Oracle" that's cropping up in the rumors lately?" The Feroxi asks, focusing his attention on the barkeep. His fingers drums on the counter for the moment before he picks up his mug, will continue drinking his mug occasionally.

Offline WindAdept

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 10:28:43 AM »
A young man sits at a small table near the corner of the inn. Not wanting to bring attention to himself as his foreign armor sticks out like a sore thumb.  In his hand is a small pocket book that he seems to be focused on writing into. A look of exhaustion covers his face as he focuses on his writing.

As he puts down his pencil to lift his mug and take a sip, he overhears one of the other customers bringing up the word "Oracle".

Without moving his eyes off the pocket book he picks up his pencil pretends to continue writing in it as he listens into the conversation from his table.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 11:36:26 AM by WindAdept »

Offline Copycat13

• The Merchant
  • Global Moderator
  • The Queen Group
  • N-nani!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2017, 05:00:06 PM »
"Ah, the Oracle, many have been asking about him lately. Everyone in the village knows him... " The barkeep looks around at the sudden quieting of the room all waiting for him to reveal more about their target. "Village secret I'm afraid. A good man he is, doing all he can for our little patch of ground. Haven't seen him come around lately due to unforeseen circumstance." The barkeep goes back to polishing the mug as the bar has gone completely silent that none dare to break.

Offline Kimoto

• Tragedy's King
  • Administrator
  • The Ace Group
  • Broken Beyond Repair
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2017, 09:56:53 PM »
Shifting around, the woman seemed to be getting antsy from waiting for anything to happen, before getting up and going inside the Inn finally, walking as far back as she could, sitting down, and putting her money on the table.

"... Strongest drink you have please..."

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2017, 10:46:41 PM »
The archer pause in his action, frown for the moment as that line reminds him of something similar. Although, the last part of the Barkeeper's sentence gives him an sinking feeling and it wasn't the alcohol. Well, not even the strongest alcohol that the woman wanted and he would raise his mug in cheers at that fine lady! Still, idly curious and taking advantage of the silence being broken by woman. He asks the Barkeep, "So. Did something happen to him?"

Offline Copycat13

• The Merchant
  • Global Moderator
  • The Queen Group
  • N-nani!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2017, 11:20:58 PM »
"Aren't you a little young to be at a bar missy?" The barkeeper raises an eyebrow before looking at the bowman again. "He's alive and well but again we haven't seen him in a while." the man proceeds glare at the other mercs and their conversations resume.

Offline TheBlossomingLily

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2017, 11:47:34 PM »
The cloaked traveler flinched at the new table companion's banging of the table, making him fling his torso back in the shock. This caused the hood of his cloak to come off, revealing the entirety of his head. He didn't notice this, however, with his attention being directed to said table companion.
"Wh-wha--?! Did you hit something? Are you alright?", his feminine voice came out in a panic, but with enough restraint to not come out as a yell.

Offline Copycat13

• The Merchant
  • Global Moderator
  • The Queen Group
  • N-nani!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2017, 11:56:15 PM »
embarrassed by the fact he completely missed someone already at this table he raises his hand towards the voice closing his eyes and smiling so he doesn't have to pretend to make direct eye contact before giving a warm smile.
"I-I'm fine miss, I just hit my knee against the table as I sat down. I'm sorry I didn't notice you here I can go find another table if I'm bothering you."

Offline Kimoto

• Tragedy's King
  • Administrator
  • The Ace Group
  • Broken Beyond Repair
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2017, 11:59:41 PM »
"... I'm old enough. So just gimme a drink..." Muttering, she had no way to prove her age but she was definitely an adult already. She was already upset since she felt like she wasted her time. Plus she didn't believe the Barkeeper really cared about her age, and just didn't want to have anyone lecturing him on serving those who are young.