Author Topic: Reawakening: A Fire Emblem AU.  (Read 17765 times)

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
  • ...Just being lazy as heck.
    • View Profile
Re: Reawakening: A Fire Emblem AU.
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2017, 10:31:48 PM »
Upon seeing that, Valk's eyes narrows at what's going on. Why is that group bearing down upon them?" He urge the horse to run over toward to the two groups there, he puts his bow back over his shoulder and instead takes his steel sword out of his sheath, ready and wielding. As soon as Valk reach closer to the groups, he calls out to both groups. Loud and clear. "Hey! Why are you soldiers chasing down on those people?" This question directed at the Paladin, trying to discern intentions here.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 10:38:11 PM by Nask »

Offline WindAdept

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2017, 11:00:38 PM »
Renton felt a sharp pain as the healer removed the arrow from his shoulder, but before he had the chance to remark on it, he felt the soothing sensation from the healer's magic. It was almost as if the arrow was never even there. "Thanks." he commented as he placed the young tactician girl on the ground next both of the healers. "Can I trust you guys to keep an eye on her?" Renton was a little reluctant leaving the girl in the care of complete strangers, but with current situation he had no other choice.

"I should be good to go now that I'm all healed up." he responded to the Sorcerer. "If you can back me up with your magic, I'll be the vanguard." Renton began to walk ahead of the group of strangers as he pulled his new Silver Lance out of his holster and prepped his shield. "And by the way, my name's not Soldier, it's Renton. Now what exactly do you mean by big probl-" before he could finish his sentence Renton heard someone call out from behind them. He quickly turned his head around to see what looked like a man on horseback with a steel sword in hand. "Ah man, we're starting to cause a scene now." he muttered. "Hopefully whoever this is better be on our side."

Offline Linen

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2017, 11:37:10 PM »
"She'll be fine, get going. Though, if you need me to bring some hapless enemy back - or yourselves, I suppose..." Adelaide gives a bright smile to the man who introduced himself as Renton before turning around and facing away from the oncoming army. She spread one arm, cape in hand, to block the smaller healer's frame from being at least partially in sight, knowing she was probably at least slightly more durable than Hato; today was not a day where she wanted to pry her new staff from another's dead body.

Catching sight of the sword-wielder on horseback, she used her other hand, which held her own staff, to make gestures. First she pointed the bottom half toward the army behind her thrice, then tapped the ground next to the young, blue-haired woman. That woman looked to at least be breathing, but otherwise didn't appear particularly responsive...

Offline Magnasmash

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2017, 01:25:58 AM »
A solitary figure stands off to the side of the combat, hiding behind a lone tree. Noting the Grimleal's movements, he mutters "But where are the abominations?" to himself. Mostly uninterested in the knights and soldiers engaged near the village, he takes note of the Great Knight and Sorcerer hanging behind the fray, determining them to be the commanders. He scans the horizon on all sides some more until he sees a growing horde in the distance. Satisfied with the situation, he begins slinking forward, preparing to ambush the commanders.

Offline Copycat13

• The Merchant
  • Global Moderator
  • The Queen Group
  • N-nani!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2017, 08:28:32 PM »
The blue-haired tactician seems to have passed out during the teleportation. She is clutching tightly to something in her sleep though. Meanwhile Callen focuses on the still charging Paladin who hasn't slowed in the slightest. As he nears Callen thrusts his right arm forward and a sphere of wild electricity launches surging from his shoulder to his palm out towards them. The Paladin dives off their horse before it's reduced to ash as the ball explodes outwards in a much larger sphere of arcing bolts of death. Rolling to the side outside of the sphere's radius as it dies down the Paladin stands glaring at the Sorcerer who continues to hold his magically charged arm towards him.
"Try not to get distracted, Renton, the Paladin and his friends are the least of our problems. The horde of beyond them that seems to slowly be growing is a much larger threat... much larger." Callen arm hold firm while aiming at the Paladin. He doesn't seem interested in charging into a Arcthunder.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The great knight watches the situation unfold near the paladin and raises an his left arm high. The Risen suddenly begin to move arming themselves with bloodied weapons. As soon as the arm comes down they break into a full on sprint. Undead flying mounts and riders take to the skies archers riding with them. Their march and cries can be heard across the mostly open fields of grass long before they can be seen. The Great Knight smiles beneath his mask and looks at the mage who continues to chant for more of the risen they call allies.

Offline Copycat13

• The Merchant
  • Global Moderator
  • The Queen Group
  • N-nani!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2017, 11:20:47 PM »
The approaching grimleal archers enter range and see the paladin off his horse. One of them quickly draws their bow and fires at the sorcerer the other Archer pulls out a special bow. The bow itself resembles that of a dragon's fin on both ends. A blessed green light surrounds the arrow as he notches it taking aim away from his companion's target and at the resting tactician. Both Archers let loose their arrows. At the green lit Arrow flies from the bow an ethereal arrow appears within the Archer's hand which he quickly notches and fires at Callen. He repeats the action 3 more times. a real and phantom arrow fly directly at the tactician, 1 at Callen, another is sent at Adelaide, and the final phantom arrow sails towards Valk.

In Callen's "sight" he sees only two arrows being launched and reacts quickly as he can by moving out of the way of the one directed to him and turning around to cast another spell to protect the girl only for him to yell in pain as the phantom arrow sinks into his back. The Paladin takes this opportunity to lunge for the vulnerable sorcerer as his prepared spell vanishes from his arm.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2017, 12:26:13 AM »
Valk notes the woman's gesture something about the girl and the paladin, when things happens. The Paladin end up dismounted and arrows went flying coming from the new threat, one aiming toward him. The Paladin that's about to take adventage of the sorcerer's moment of weakness.

The most Valk can do is the following, he urge the horse to speed up. Then quickly have the horse dodge the path of the phantom arrow with great ease! Narrowly missed as it might've hit on the ground nearby way back.

However, the horseman does not stop moving as he kept moving on the field. Necessary for what he must do. He quickly sheath his sword back to it's scabbard, then quickly draws out his steel bow. He lets go of the reins and guide the horse by his legs, then takes out a arrow to proceed draw his bowstring. With experience accounted for mounted archery, he aims at his target toward to one of the archers. Specifically, the one who wields the draconic-like bow, the one he would considers to be the most threatening at this time.

Offline Kimoto

• Tragedy's King
  • Administrator
  • The Ace Group
  • Broken Beyond Repair
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2017, 09:47:46 PM »
Having caught up but having been watching more than acting, Calix finally stepped forward deciding if she should attack. They weren't Risen but one did attack the man she followed out here... Twirling the stone in her fingers, she started to walk out to help.

Opening her mouth she started to mutter to herself, before making a loud shout, as if to call attention from those hostile to her direction. And in that moment, changing into a semi-large Blue Dragon.

Offline Linen

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2017, 10:31:11 PM »
Adelaide nodded in response to Valk's running past, not that he'd have noticed as his focus was elsewhere, but Callen's yell prompted her to turn toward him. "Can I help-?" The final "p" of her statement was punctuated with a pained hiss, as the phantom arrow pierced through both her new dress and her side. The blood was seeping through, ruining that particular splurge, but actually surviving took priority over mourning her nice dress. Pursing her lips, Adelaide gave frustrated epithets under her breath before trying to re-position herself, albeit with difficulty - one arm struggled to spread her cape and hide Hato, the other arm held her staff in elbow as she rummaged through her pouch. Damn it, did she actually have a vulnerary this time?

The shrill, inhuman scream from behind sent shivers down the cleric's spine, and much of the light was cut, and suddenly to boot. Turning around, the cleric became... more than a little joyful. Exuberant would probably be mild, pain be damned. "By the gods, I never thought I'd see one! Hey there!" The spread cape arm gave a wave to the large blue dragon, before she shook her head as if to focus herself and put herself back to rummaging her pouch. The staff in her elbow had its tip emit a mild glow after a few hissed chants, but she wore a gutsier smile, as if she dared the world to smite her now.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:52:01 PM by Linen »

Offline WindAdept

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2017, 12:10:17 AM »
As the enemy Paladin fell from his horse, Renton prepared himself for what would happen next only to see a group of arrows headed towards his allies around him. With a quick step he repositioned himself in front of the fallen tactician girl, raising his shield the incoming arrow directed at her. While still unaware of the phantom arrows also headed towards the group, sounds of pain from the Sorcerer and one of the healers could be heard from behind him.

Before Renton had a chance to groan about the situation a third shout could be heard from behind him. Slightly turning his head to see what else was behind him, only to see a blue manakete tower behind the group. "I-is this real life?" he questioned to himself.

Offline Magnasmash

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2017, 12:42:02 AM »
The following post is a combined effort of Copycat13 and Magnasmash

The mage crept through the field just behind and to the right of the chanting Sorcerer and the stoic Great Knight. The Sorcerer was focused on his chanting and the Great Knight on the battle. He looked to his left to be sure he had enough time to kill one of them before the Risen showed up.

"I should probably kill the Sorcerer," he muttered to himself. As the man chanted more and more Risen appeared and no matter how powerful the mage was, he didn't want to exhaust his tome's power on a horde of Risen.

He drew within casting range of the Sorcerer and pulled out his Ruin tome. A normal Mage like him shouldn't have been able to use it, but he was quite gifted in the dark arts.

He decided to announce himself. After all, he never was one to resist taunting his helpless foes. "Well, well, well. Who do we have here but the maniacal followers of the Dead Dragon."

The Great Knight turns his armored steed to look at the fool who dares approach them and in a swift motion draws forth a Brave Axe. He studies the mage, noting his unusual bulk and tome. Using his legs he guides his horse closer to his companion who continues his chant.

"I would still your tongue caster before you say any other words which will drive my axe through your neck." The knight raises his weapon pointing it at the mage. "Unless you wish to die here without so much as a mention in the passage of history."

The mage laughed at the Great Knight's threat. He was being mistaken for as a regular mage, and was therefore being underestimated. He narrowed his eyes at the armored cavalier in front of him and weighed his options. On one hand he needed to interrupt the damnable Sorcerer summoning Risen. On the other, he had a feeling the Great Knight would get in his way.

He disliked wasting the extra time, but ultimately decided that it would be best to eliminate the armored cavalier before he became a potential threat with that Brave Axe.

"I do hope you aren't expecting your god to save you, sir knight," he taunted. The mage's eyes narrowed even further and he laughed maniacally. "Because no god can save you from me!"

He briefly chanted and drew out the power of his Ruin tome and, charging it with as much energy as he could draw out, cast the spell.

A golden sphere of magic symbols appeared in front of the knight's head and discharged a massive amount of dark energy that almost seemed like an explosion.

Both horse and rider were both knocked to the ground by the magical impact and neither seemed to be moving. Satisfied, the Mage turned to the Sorcerer.

The sorcerer jarred from his chant by the loud and sudden thud of metal landing nearby. He turns his head to see the Great Knight laying on the ground. Sensing the fleeting life from his closest friend and trusted ally. The Great Knight stirs only moving his head to look at the Sorcerer who has rushed to his dying friend's side.

"Flemmel... I suppose I will have to miss out on that drink..." The Knight chuckles as tears form in the sorcerer's eyes. With the last of his strength the Great Knight hands the caster something. Small, hand-made, and childish. A doll representing a common foot soldier. With this final action the Knight passes onto the next life.

"Luka... Luka!!" The Sorcerer cries out hoping, praying, denying that his friend is gone. He glares at the mage carving that face into his memory as he pulls out a Tome. The yellow bindings identify it as Superior Jolt. A Tome designed to lay waste to other magics but just before he can begin a spell the stone around his neck glows causing him to stop and turn his head. Anger crosses his face and he puts the book away.

"Your name, caster."

The mage smiles viciously at the exchange. It seems even the Grimleal were human after all. Still smiling his cold smile, he bows towards the Sorcerer and states his name. "Valant. Your god's soon-to-be slayer." His eyes danced with fire, and he calculated he had enough time to fight the Sorcerer before the Risen bore down.

The sorcerer points at Valant and restrained electric arcs run through the man's arm. "Know this Valant. I will kill you next we meet. I say so in the name of Grima that your blood shall coat the battlefield and your body naught but ash!" A spell circle appears beneath the man and in a bright flash of light he is gone.

"How disappointing." Valant murmurred as the Sorcerer vanished. "Well, I suppose I should break through these enemies in front of me before the other Risen arrive."

With a dissatisfied sigh he strode towards the Risen in front of him, switching to his Arcfire tome, although he paused at the sight in front of him.

"A manakete? Here?" he questioned. "This may be my lucky day." His cold smile returning to his face, Valant pressed forward, preparing to scatter the Risen from behind.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2017, 05:13:24 PM »
Valk heard something loud in the direction he came from, something that sends the chill down in his spine. He does not break his focus, not going to look toward to the source of this sound. Doing so would be a great mistake with the group of archers and thus, he maintains his aim and focus on the archers. Then fire the arrow at the archer with the Draconic-like Bow, targeting for where his target would likely be most vulnerable.

Offline TheBlossomingLily

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2017, 01:12:52 AM »
Hato had begun a chant for Physic once more upon hearing Callen's cry, but had stopped upon hearing his nearest ally's hiss from pain, and had a mixed expression of wincing and confusion at the sight of what appeared to be an arrow wound on her side with no actual arrow to cause it. The shout and appearance of the manakete had also distracted him before he shook his head to get to his task. Taking another look at Adelaide's wound, he was able to make out the shape of an arrow, though the appearance was strange to him since it seemed so transparent. Remembering the sight of Adelaide searching through her pouch before said manakete's appearance, he hastily took out, and un-corked, a flask-shaped bag, taking it off of himself and handing it to Adelaide.
"There isn't much remaining, but there should be enough left. Dampen your wound with this Concoction after you remove that...'arrow'", Hato instructed, deciding that it should be enough for her from seeing that gutsy expression of hers that reminded him of a particular person he was familiar with, before rushing to Callen.

Hato finished his chant for Physic on the way to him, grimacing at the similar wound he had already seen much more than he would like to. "Excuse me...", he told Callen before reaching out to the familiar shape of an arrow with his shaking hand, taking another deep breath as he grasped it, and swiftly pulled it out before immediately casting his spell like he had done with Renton.

Despite successfully pulling it off again, Hato began to feel a bit dizzy, and sick, after witnessing the wound's expanded appearance again before his healing did its work.

Offline Copycat13

• The Merchant
  • Global Moderator
  • The Queen Group
  • N-nani!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2017, 08:41:47 PM »
The Astra Archer reels back as their less armored arm is impaled by an arrow significantly hindering their ability to draw another arrow. Their fellow Archer stunned by the appearance of a dragon yells something to approaching Grimleal before taking out another arrow and aiming at the healer who seems to be casting their spells. Taking his time to line up that shot. The approaching on foot soldiers range from a Beserker, two soldiers, a sword master, and three Heros only one with an axe make their way towards the group. The dismounted Paladin takes the opportunity to strike at the distracted healer with his Silver Sword attempting to cutting deep into his side.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Callen smiles at having taken the arrow but before he could anything about it a roar cuts of his train of thought. A silhouette of a dragon rips through his "sight" as he turns his head to it. "So there was a dragon. Delightful..." He smiles a bit to himself and reaches for his previous tome. Upon hearing Hato breaks Callen from his focus and grunts as the arrow is taken out of him. Realizing the danger the boy is in as the Paladin lunges towards him blade at the ready. Callen steps in front of the attack and with surprising force deflects the sword with his tome and kicking the paladin backwards.

"Hato, I want you to either stick close to me or fall back!" Callen says as wind begins to whip around him violently. "Rexcalibur!" With the spell cast the magic goes high missing forces on the ground entirely but where the funnel of wind was sent and unearthly cries are made as several Risen Wyvern and Pegasi fall to the earth in front of the approaching Grimleal. Startled by the falling dead they stop in their tracks briefly.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 08:44:04 PM by Copycat13 »

Offline Linen

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2017, 09:21:27 PM »
Taking the remaining salve with her once-outstretched hand, the cleric took an overview of the field before doing anything else. One archer, likely the source of her wound, had an arrow sticking out of one of their arms. Another archer looked like they were trying to prepare a shot in her general direction, a paladin with a sword just charged toward Callen and Hato before getting deflected by - wait, how could a tome be that durable? - and various risen of flying-creature origin had fell to the ground. Adelaide got an idea after seeing the fallen risen, taking her staff back into hand and aiming it... at the enemy paladin Callen just knocked back, before flicking her staff up toward the skies, in the hopes they'd... learn how to fly, too. "Stay attentive -"

Her body wasn't about to let her forget about the arrow, and Adelaide rolled her staff back into her left elbow before pulling her own arrow out and stumble-tossing it to the ground with a forced pained grin, quite unlike her previous expression of defiance. Haphazardly spilling the remaining Concoction over her wound and rubbing the flask along, she hoped it would take effect before the archer fired as she let her smile settle back to that defiant confidence.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 10:17:33 PM by Linen »