Author Topic: Reawakening: A Fire Emblem AU.  (Read 18549 times)

Offline TheBlossomingLily

  • Regular Member
  • *
  • Posts: 13
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Reawakening: A Fire Emblem AU.
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2017, 12:07:07 AM »
The traveler cleared his throat, a habit he developed in trying to mentally absolve himself from any embarrassment he would usually get from people mistaking him for a woman. He took a deep breath before moving on to an actual response, unsure of the reaction he may receive in comparison the various he has had before in this very response he was about to use.
"N-no, the company is fine, Sir. But if I may chime it in...despite how I may look and sound, I'm actually a...man...", his voice got a little quieter the further in he was in his reply, and he found himself unable to try to keep any form of eye-contact throughout it, his gaze still averted from the sorcerer as he tries to take his mind off of how awkward he feels every time he goes through with this scenario.

Offline Copycat13

  • The Merchant
  • Global Moderator
  • The Queen Group
  • *****
  • Posts: 223
  • Karma: +2/-0
  • N-nani!?
    • View Profile
Re: Reawakening: A Fire Emblem AU.
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2017, 12:21:27 AM »
Callen chuckles and averts his "gaze" away from the male. Resting his hand on the table me relaxes and dispels the aura of magic he uses, plunging him back into darkness.
"Well, I apologize, you have a voice of a siren. That is to say it's very nice. I suppose we should introduce ourselves since we're going to sit at the same table. I'm Callen, might I have your name?"


--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Look lass, My wife got on me for letting a boy fool me into giving him the strongest drink. Order something weaker lass, for me." The wife must hold power over this man.

Offline Kimoto

  • Tragedy's King
  • Administrator
  • The Ace Group
  • *****
  • Posts: 6181
  • Karma: +4/-3
  • Broken Beyond Repair
    • View Profile
Re: Reawakening: A Fire Emblem AU.
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2017, 12:47:43 AM »
"... I'm twenty three, I just look younger. Don't worry about it." Explaining with a sigh, she ends up sprawling her upper body on the counter a bit. "Fine though. Third strongest then. Whatever that is."

Offline Copycat13

  • The Merchant
  • Global Moderator
  • The Queen Group
  • *****
  • Posts: 223
  • Karma: +2/-0
  • N-nani!?
    • View Profile
Re: Reawakening: A Fire Emblem AU.
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2017, 12:53:37 AM »
"Alright, sorry just don't want the miss to yell at me again." He turns to grab a mug and walks through a door in the back. A peek reveals several barrels of ale stacked on top of each other. He soon returns with a filled frothing mug and slides it over. "On the house for asking the favor. Next order will be 7 gold."

Offline Nask

  • Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
  • *****
  • Posts: 6680
  • Karma: +6/-0
  • ...Just being lazy as heck.
    • View Profile
Re: Reawakening: A Fire Emblem AU.
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2017, 12:58:55 AM »
"You must've gotten the envy of the ladies with that kind of age and appearance" the Feroxi choose to comment toward to the newcomer woman as he shook his head. He then whistles at filled frothing mug for the girl to drink. He then looks over to the Barkeep, "Right. So... Back to the topic at hand, just last question relating to the Oracle. What is this circumstance that kept the Oracle busy lately?" Idle curiosity at this point, although at that moment the Archer gives a sigh. Whether that is a sigh of relief or not is too early to tell.

Offline Copycat13

  • The Merchant
  • Global Moderator
  • The Queen Group
  • *****
  • Posts: 223
  • Karma: +2/-0
  • N-nani!?
    • View Profile
Re: Reawakening: A Fire Emblem AU.
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2017, 01:02:44 AM »
"Sorry, dunno what has. Maybe a vision from the future. Doesn't share much about his personal life or his name." The Barkeeper shrugs and continues to clean. "I do know he usually orders bear meat."

Offline TheBlossomingLily

  • Regular Member
  • *
  • Posts: 13
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Reawakening: A Fire Emblem AU.
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2017, 01:03:51 AM »
"'A voice of a siren'? You're too much, Sir Callen, eheheh...", the traveler relaxed with a chuckle from his table companion's calm response, though his eye-contact was still very lacking in the upcoming conversation.
 "My name is 'Hato'. I'm, er, still not used to traveling this far out from where I normally wander...", he replied as his curiosity of the unfamiliar scene around him gets the better of his curiosity, causing him to glance around as he spoke.

Offline Nask

  • Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
  • *****
  • Posts: 6680
  • Karma: +6/-0
  • ...Just being lazy as heck.
    • View Profile
Re: Reawakening: A Fire Emblem AU.
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2017, 01:17:10 AM »
At least it is something he can work with, probably longer than what he used to. Although, he gives a toast with the mug to the bear meat. Still, last question as he had promised about this Oracle matter.

"Well. That satisfy some of my curiosity then. Also refill, same as last mug," He said, finishing the rest of his mug and take out some coins to place them on counter. Time to change up topics, "What sort of jobs this village have available for us adventurers and mercs? Pretty sure you got something relate to elimination of Risen lately."

Considering that this village is right next to Naga-forsaken Risen-riddled Plegian wastes...

Offline Copycat13

  • The Merchant
  • Global Moderator
  • The Queen Group
  • *****
  • Posts: 223
  • Karma: +2/-0
  • N-nani!?
    • View Profile
Re: Reawakening: A Fire Emblem AU.
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2017, 01:26:09 AM »
"Sir Callen? Not used to traveling?" the man laughs and closes his eyes turning his head to Hato. "You sound like a noble who hasn't left their home town before. Relax a little Hato. I am not worthy to be called a sir." He opens his eyes and smiling at him.

----------------------------------------------

"Risen are a common problem and not really a good amount of pay. I've been offering free two night stay for those who clear out nearby risen." The barkeep goes to refill the mug but gets stopped by another woman, likely a cleric who wished to talk to him about something.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 01:36:04 AM by Copycat13 »

Offline Linen

  • Regular Member
  • *
  • Posts: 15
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Reawakening: A Fire Emblem AU.
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2017, 01:32:18 AM »
"Well, this sure looks fun..." A cooing, sweet voice found the conversation intriguing, and brought herself into the conversation. The woman's smile and general expression seemed innocent enough, but her posture and casually leaning over a metal staff made this woman appear as if she owned the place. Though her cloak, hood down, appeared worn and weathered - having met its match with plenty of weather, and arguably a few bits of humans, Risen or other creatures - the knee-length cream dress underneath looked freshly sewn, though loose in the skirt and much tighter up top. "I do hope you don't mind I play along." After a moment of thought, one arm entered her cloak, and she asked the bartender with a seductive face, "What would you recommend, love?"

Offline Copycat13

  • The Merchant
  • Global Moderator
  • The Queen Group
  • *****
  • Posts: 223
  • Karma: +2/-0
  • N-nani!?
    • View Profile
Re: Reawakening: A Fire Emblem AU.
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2017, 01:42:21 AM »
"I-I'm sorry miss? Um, right. I suggest the house stew. The misses made it herself and I think it's rather good." The barkeep gives a small smile and his eyes flick to a woman coming down the stairs across the room. he begins to sweat... this woman holds great power over this man.

Offline Linen

  • Regular Member
  • *
  • Posts: 15
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Reawakening: A Fire Emblem AU.
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2017, 01:48:00 AM »
"Mmm..." The woman looks slightly dismayed - both at the suggestion and the mention of a missus - but sidled herself into the next available seat, perching her staff away in her elbow and bringing a satchel out of her coat. "How much would a bowl of the stew and a nice ale cost?" She continued playing coy all the way through for the sake of her perceived audience, but this woman certainly wasn't going to expect to get a discount from this man.

Offline Copycat13

  • The Merchant
  • Global Moderator
  • The Queen Group
  • *****
  • Posts: 223
  • Karma: +2/-0
  • N-nani!?
    • View Profile
Re: Reawakening: A Fire Emblem AU.
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2017, 01:51:46 AM »
"10 gold for both. Let me go get your ale and I'll tell the missus to get some stew ready." The man gives a small smile and quickly makes his way to the back as his wife finally reaches the end of the stairs and turns to head for the kitchen.

Offline TheBlossomingLily

  • Regular Member
  • *
  • Posts: 13
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Reawakening: A Fire Emblem AU.
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2017, 01:58:11 AM »
Hato's eyes widened as they, for once, shifted its focus to Callen's face at his easy guesswork from his naive slip-up. This had only lasted a moment or two, however, as he did a quick glance through the room to find anyone that may have overheard and gained interest, but let out a restrained sigh of relief from the lack of such signs.
"My apol--I mean, I'm sorry, Callen. I guess I've just been feeling a mix of nerves and excitement over the rumors of this place. At least, that's what brought me here. If I may ask, what brings you to...this...", as Hato looked back to Callen's face, he couldn't help but notice his clouded eyes, "...place? A-assuming you're a traveler as well?", he stuttered during his effort of trying to make his sudden new curiosity not so obvious.

Offline Linen

  • Regular Member
  • *
  • Posts: 15
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Reawakening: A Fire Emblem AU.
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2017, 01:09:39 AM »
The respective gold pieces were poured from the satchel onto the bar itself. "You're a dear, thanks..." An extra piece fell out, which Adelaide separated from the others, but didn't replace, before turning toward Hato and Callen. "You really must be new to this, no non-native without a deathwish would want to tag around these borders long. Though I'm convinced my last group had such a deathwish..." Her voice seemed almost indifferent, perhaps a little calloused, at the mention of her last group, as if she didn't care too heavily about them. This newbie piqued Adelaide's interest more than he might have thought, though.