Author Topic: DARK HERESY- ACOLYTES OF CARTHAS  (Read 1673 times)

Tom

DARK HERESY- ACOLYTES OF CARTHAS
« on: August 23, 2015, 08:36:30 PM »
It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries The Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the Master of Mankind by the will of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly die.

Yet even in his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the daemon-infested miasma of the Warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will. Vast armies give battle in his name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and countless planetary defence forces, the ever vigilant Inquisition and the tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat from aliens, heretics, mutants - and worse.

To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.

Within the countless ranks of the Imperial Inquisition, not all Inquisitors are pure. Some Inquisitors knowingly commit heresy of some form, but believe they are still in the right. These individuals are called Radical Inquisitors. One such individual is Marisa Carthas, a Radical Inquisitor of the Ordo Xenos. Her radical-ness is mostly discrete, claiming her more than average knowledge of the Eldar to be from her many years of killing them. In truth, she collaborates with the Eldar more than she disposes of them. Her continued alliances with the Raiph-Addan and Saim-Hann Craftworlds have given her a plethora of information on the ancient species.
Inquisitor Carthas has many troops at her disposal, but she names Marco Vindersen among her most trusted agents. After a botched mission to investigate a potential chaos artifact, Vindersen and the Eldar Corsair Anaris have been assigned to the Calixis sector to do some investigating. This... is where you come in.

TOM, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?
Acolytes of Carthas (working title) is a Dark Heresy campaign that will be run by myself and myself alone. The players (aside from myself, because I like being part of the game) are Hula, Hula's Brother, Sammi, and Kimoto. Due to previous issues with party size in my games, I will not be accepting further players at this point in time. If the roster becomes altered for whatever reason, I will make notice of it here. Due to the atypical nature of the FFU, Acolytes of Carthas has some interesting additional rules and such...

ADDITIONAL RULES AND INFORMATION WORTH NOTING
  • While I will allow the use of most splat books, I'd appreciate if any really fucking weird concepts are run by me beforehand.
  • In addition to the official splats, Acolytes of Carthas will be using the rules for Eldar Outcast characters and the Commissar Career Path, both of which are from Dark Reign (A 40kRPG fansite with lots of neat material)
  • We will be starting off by using the Edge of Darkness pre-written adventure. As Dark Heresy is a very different game from Pathfinder or Dungeons and Dragons, I don't feel comfortable enough to craft a custom campaign only to send you all to your doom by mistake.
  • Since this is 40k and I'm running it, I feel the need to include my shitty Custom Forces in the game. For certain, a more canon-friendly version of the Authoran Regiments will be making appearances. By canon-friendly, I mean that Tommissar would be 100% human rather than Abhuman, and Tommissar's forces would not have all the crazy shit it had in the FFU Canon.
  • As fun as a silly 40k campaign would be, I'm aiming for a more serious game in general with Acolytes of Carthas. And while I do not think it is necessary, I will have Tyranids in reserve should my wrath ever be incurred. Big ones.
  • I will provide a Mediafire folder with the DH core rules and all the character supplement books that I have at my disposal. Note that I do not have ALL the splatbooks, though I can provide summaries of the ones I don't have if asked. I can even find the PDFs and add them to the main folder. The folder will exclude Ascension, which is basically the Mythic Tier rules for DH, and I really don't wanna mess with those.

LINKS, MOFO
The Eldar Outcast rules, if you are so inclined to play a knife-ear.
The big folder of rules. Includes the Core Rulebook, the Commissar rules, and some splats.

SO WHEN'S THIS SHIT HAPPENING?
Thursdays from 7 PM EST to 11 PM EST. If combats ensue, the session may take longer as I don't want to leave those kinds of things on cliffhangers.

With my second year of college starting in a couple weeks, I'm going to be balancing my school work, my job, TOBAL, War Games, PTU, and this. Thankfully, this won't be as heavy on me since I'm using a pre-written adventure. Regardless of when the game takes place, school will have to come first, so be prepared for cancelled sessions due to projects/papers. Once we finish Edge of Darkness, I will call a hiatus and do some evaluating of various things before deciding to advance with the campaign or not.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 11:00:32 PM by TomJackal »

Tom

Re: DARK HERESY- ACOLYTES OF CARTHAS
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 11:18:57 PM »
THE PARTY SO FAR

-Marco Vindersen: An Imperial Guardsman who was under Carthas' service prior to the mission in the Calixis Sector. Apparently he comes from the Authorans, though which regiment he has yet to specify. There's only a hundred or so active ones anyway.

-Anaris: An Outcast Eldar on the path of the Corsair. She's very curious about humans, and has some experience with Mechanics.

-Relick Orwellian: A grump of a Techpriest, he took the longest to join up with the party. Fucking AdMechs. More Bureaucracy and hoops to jump through than the Departmento Munitorum.

-Elran: A nervous and quiet Void-Born Cleric. Not much is known of him.

-Gallus Praxides: A Guardsman of the Catachan 1501st "Rifles" Regiment. Apparently he was in the middle of ripping and tearing a Carnifex when he'd been pulled from the front lines for service in the Inquisition. Death-Worlders, man.

Offline KamTaist

• View Profile
DARK HERESY ACOLYTES OF CARTHAS
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 04:47:18 PM »
Id love to get into dark age, but alas the gaming scene down here is not as big as Perth  which sucks... Might have to get a hold of the rules and a couple of factions to learn by myself lol