Author Topic: Broken World  (Read 23300 times)

Bolverk

Re: Broken World
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2014, 12:57:50 AM »
Balut looked to Alev holding up a letter that he took out from his bag. "This was the last letter they sent a few days ago. Since the 10th of April to be exact. As you know, this is the only reliable communication without having the Purity Corp to know. Slow but it is a safe option. They will send another letter when they are in distance to the city. Once we get that confirmation letter we will know its them." Balut explained, "I would explain about the system more in detail, but right now we need to look out for the delivery." Balut then start to look up into the sky scanning for that particular sign that signals that the group coming is the Black Market.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
  • ...Just being lazy as heck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2014, 02:34:37 PM »
Naoki stares at the group in the distance, waiting for the sign that Balut mentioned to discern if it is indeed the group from the Black Market. It is when moments later that there is something caught his eyes, a tiny object came up from the group and into the air. His eyes follows it, only to see that the object is actually flying in the night sky where it is heading toward them. Upon a closer look, it appears to be a bird...

"...Is that it?" He asks as a bird came closer to the group, where it heads toward to Balut. More of the bird's features is identified, most notably the broad head and round facial disks around it's luminous eyes. A Owl to be precise as it have a letter tied to it's talons.

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
  • Currently craving Apple Turnovers
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2014, 09:24:47 PM »
Alev watched the bird come closer.

"An Owl? What is this, Harry Potter? Are we going to Hogwarts now?" he sarcastically quipped, looking back down at this tome.

The young half demon eyed the page, formulating a plan in his head and any possible scenerios. If he was lucky... he might be able to use the reinforcements...

Bolverk

« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2014, 04:21:48 AM »
Balut nodded to Naoki, "Yup. That's one of our birds." This confirmed that the second group of the Black Market is closing in. Balut was more glad that the group had made the long trip safely. He then turned to Alev raising an eyebrow at the boy as if he wanted to ask what that place was. Hogwarts was a place he never heard of. It must be a foreign place. "Who would name a place, 'Hogwarts' it sounds really.... unappealing." Balut then change the subject back to the group that is coming, "I'll grab as many people as I can from the group, it won't be long, you two can go ahead and find people around the area." He suggested.

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2014, 03:40:11 PM »
"Its a magnificent place of fairytales, it doesn't exist. Although I wish it did." he sighed to himself as he thought of Hermione, "The magic schools back home are too practical."

Alev nodded at Balut and decided to stick with Naoki for the time being. He wasn't familiar with the area at all, even if he had his tome to give him a map. He knew the boy would know shortcuts or secret passageways that others may not know of. Plus, he could always get to know him better.

"Well Naoki, I'll be sticking with you to go recruiting" he scoffed, highly doubtful of the idea any would want to go on a suicide mission, "You think people would join if we offered them a discount on Balut's goods? Oh, the bullman doesn't need to know."

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2014, 06:05:22 PM »
Naoki nodded to Balut as the Owl would land on one of the Bullman's arms. Frowns for the moment, but the bullman will be alright. Especially the Black Market group are coming here. "...Right. Meet you back at the hideout." He said.

He then start walking to another part of the city, intend to get things started on gathering volunteers on his end. He heard Alev's question once they are out of Balut's hearing range, he goes on what he recalls in his past dealings with trading before answering, "Unlikely... Since we need to actually show it to them. ...The possibility to negotiate is still there if it comes to that." Discounts would imply something that he done a favor in the past.

Although, honestly? Naoki doubt that would work still. How there will be a value that would get them volunteers for the mission? ...Never hurts to try though.

...Naoki keeps moving on, goes to try places that the others have not covered. To search for people who are willing to join this mission.

Bolverk

« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2014, 06:57:07 PM »
A couple hours later inside the Hideout.
------------
Much to the group's surprise quite a few people had shown up for the mission. At least, 10 people. 10 either greedy or selfless people of all kinds. Hunter was not surprised at the low number of recruits as he looked at them from the inside of the building. Then again it was a lot more people than he predicted. "Well, you guys did a good job bringing people." Hunter praised Naoki and his team, "Now let's get the briefing over with." He looked over to Ranger if the old man is ready. As he looked over, he could not help but hear conversations outside about special concoctions? Hunter raised an eyebrow questioning what did the team do to convince these people. 

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2014, 11:21:18 PM »
Naoki moves his eyes away from Hunter's stare upon hearing what the volunteers chatting about outside, remembering what he and Alev had offered to the volunteers that they picked up. ...He honestly hope that those guys are the first to go in case if they figure out that there's no... Special Concoctions upon remain staying. He then goes to glance toward to where the volunteers are from the building...

Ranger is ready to begin the briefing. Without need to answering Hunter's question, the old man proceed to walk outside to meet with the volunteers. He stop before them and stares at them, taking in the sights of potential teammates. He can sense that some of them are Phenomenons, but do their abilities can be utilized? Then there's their motives and abilities...

As soon as the volunteers pays attention to him and quiet down, the old man begin his briefing toward to the Volunteers. He study them for their reactions to what he is about to say...

"Three days ago, one of our own members had been abducted by one group of Purity Corps and currently being taken to the destination where she will suffer a fate worse than death. Now the mission here is obvious as you all had been told by our people here, if not then I will repeat it. Our main objective for this mission is to rescue a Dark Elf female, identified having tanned skin and white clothes, under a time limit before she arrives at her destination and suffer a fate worse than death." It is seem simple enough, a rescue mission. To Ranger's point of view, it wasn't simple as it seems. He knows that clearly as it happens in the past.

"Secondary objective is currently unknown, but that will change over the course of this mission. The current importance are what you need to be aware of and what you going up against, if you are willing to stay and see through to the end." Ranger do not know what to expect, aside from the possibilities of rescuing possible prisoners. Yet situations can always be changed and opportunities that benefits them if arise.

"Obviously you are going up against the Purity Corps. However, before you are get any thoughts of this being an easy mission, it is not for a number of reasons. They are not what you are usually up against in the past, not part of the recent Purity Corp Raid, or the ones from the previous city for some of you. They are more prepared than what you are used fighting against in the past and this mission will take place on one of their facilities." This is the main part of what would weed the volunteers out. It comes with the intention of shatter what assumptions that these people would have toward to the Purity Corps, especially the ones at the location. Underestimating them would get someone killed.

"And that is not including the other dangers, but those depend on what happen during the mission and if the situation ends up worse." Ranger then thought about the high anomaly Phenomenon and the Lord if it reach that point...

"What we need for this mission is someone who have at least one of the following abilities, which would be either Infiltration Skills, Fighting Capability, or a some form of Ability that can be of use and utilized during the mission. If you have none of them, then you should leave right now." Ranger said. This part is mainly for safety reasons, but also to see what potential teammates can do and what they can help with the mission."Now. What are your answers?"

He glance over the Volunteers again. Now time to see who will leave and who have the courage to stay.

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2014, 07:55:41 PM »
Alev leaned against the wall, tome hanging loosely in his book bag that dangled from his shoulder and rested on his front, while watching and half listening to Ranger debrief the volunteers on a potential suicide mission. His red eyes swam around the room and observed random objects that looked similar to what he had seen back in his world, or something completely knew.

Upon hearing Ranger twice say that Skyla, the kidnapped dark elf, would meet a fate worse than death, the boy couldn't help but smirk a bit at his redundancy. Then again, he probably said it twice to get the point across but they are up against, from what he heard, is a mean team of violent, dogmatic regulation figures.

As the briefing went on Alev's interest sparked about the second objective. If it was unknown, mainly to all the unimportant lackeys barring the higher ups, and changing depending on the situation, it would most likely be information gathering. If the rescue were to go quickly and relatively smoothly, then that would leave some good opportunities for a bit of side tracking by splitting a group to do some data scavenging. Obviously, it was simple to say and think on, but the biggest obstacle is the Purity Corps in their own home turf. Alev had no idea on how strong they were, not that he'd have too much trouble if he had his magic at top notch, and the fact his magic was unstable. At least he could still transmute objects and use his tome.

At the end of Ranger's speech, Alev raised his hand.
"I honestly have no other leads and a place to go so I might as well stay. Better than living on the streets and being hounded for having no documented identity." He joked with a flat tone, "Anyways, I'm more of he information gathering type so don't count on me to fight. Not that I can't hold my own, my spells are muffled and unstable. Unless you need the manpower, don't complain if I end up blowing up half the facility."

Clapping his hands together, Alev sighed out, "And if its looking bleak, you can use me as a decoy. I probably have one of the highest chances of surviving. What with owning a large data bank in the form of a tome, not existing within their files, and I'm smart enough to get myself out of a tricky situation." The boy huffed haughtily, obviously full of confidence in himself. So much it could end up biting him.

Bolverk

« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2014, 11:25:25 PM »
Hunter gave Alev a small smile. Well at least one is somewhat willing to go on the mission. He took another glance at the group that Ranger had briefed on. A lot of the people seemed to be reluctant to be going on this mission. Were they expecting an easy job? A lot of them seemed to be capable fighters on their own why are they backing off or not stepping up?

"Look man," One spoke up, "I don't want to be a downer old man, but I ain't going on a suicide mission to save a little girl. She's already a lost cause! Why risk resources for someone who probably have little value to this rebel group anyway!? Well, I heard what I heard and made my decision!" He turned away from Ranger and walked out. Slowly, more members began to follow him. Some members reluctantly look back towards the group. "Look Balut, I know you were trying to help us get a job, but this work isn't for us." Another person said patting the bullman on the shoulder as he walked. It was not long until nearly the entire room became empty except one person who remained in the room.

Offline Kimoto

• Tragedy's King
  • Administrator
  • The Ace Group
  • Broken Beyond Repair
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2014, 12:10:28 AM »
Just staring straight forward from where there was once a crowd was a single girl of average height. Her hair was a dark electric blue, as well as her eyes, as she even wore what looked like a salvaged green sweater that hadn't been washed in awhile that had a faded design that just looked like white lines down the front, white cloth shorts that ended not to far from where they started, and almost knee high blue boots.

She was playing with her hair while doing so, which was cut to end at her jaw line around the back and sides but barely made it to her eyebrows on the front. Her other hand was holding what looked like a sports bag with a bunch of stick on quick fix patches that were keeping it together poorly, and whatever what was inside made the sound of metal hitting metal whenever it moved.

"... That guy called it a Suicide mission..." As she talked she glanced around fairly quickly at the people in the room, stopping for a few seconds, and even stopping herself from doing what looked like a small smirk. "I hope he won't be offended when we come back successfully. Count me in."

Her smile was definitely confident, as she flashed her teeth during it with a look of victory before it even happened.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 05, 2014, 06:36:47 PM »
Aside from the nod of acknowledgement to Alev's abilities, Ranger didn't say anything to stop the volunteers from leaving. It is their choice to take or leave from this. Instead, he walks up to the girl with his hands behind his back and study the remaining volunteer who is brave (or foolish) enough to stay. This girl is one of the few Phenomenon volunteers that he had sensed.

”Name?” Ranger questions the volunteer with a simple question, keeping a calm tone despite that almost all of the volunteers had left the area.

Offline Kimoto

• Tragedy's King
  • Administrator
  • The Ace Group
  • Broken Beyond Repair
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2014, 06:52:48 PM »
The girl seemed to be thinking as he asked, and opened her mouth as she started to speak, but stopped as there was a faint uttering of the sound made when saying the letter S.

"No... Mein. The name I use is Mein." She spoke. She put emphasis on it as to not get it confused with the word Main, despite it being said the exact same way. The smile had been dropped while thinking, so her expression had become somewhat flat, before she started looking around the room again as if she was looking for something or someone. She stopped several times, a few of them in the same direction, before giving Ranger her full attention again.

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2014, 12:50:31 AM »
Alev watched the volunteers file out one by one, some giving half reasons and some just following. A child like him was joining and some were older than him, at least in appearance, were leaving. Indeed it was a suicide mission but they could have at least joined regardless, but not for the mission itself. His thoughts were interrupted when the girl, who called herself Mein, which reminded him of some noodle dish, spoke up about their loss. He agreed with her, which was rare, and nodded casually.

"Well, look at all the people who left, following one after the other like little ducklings and meek little sheep." He commented, loud enough for those dragging along back could hear. "They do have a point on the suicide mission being dangerous, but if you think on the possibility that they extract information on any resistance force and even use her as a tool or ploy... its reasonable."

Trotting more closer to the group, he stood next to Balut, their difference in height and build was blaringly noticeable. "They said wasting resources, but for such a ragtag group that doesn't have any form of good funding, I'd say every being is a large resource. Of course, me being here is like a wealth of knowledge!" he confidently bragged, so full of himself, whether that was good or bad would be determined.

Bolverk

« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2014, 10:53:42 PM »
"And you're right," Hunter admitted to Alev hearing his confidence, "The biggest concern is people since they are the biggest resource and there's limited number of them." It's mainly due to the empire that is trying to employ the population. Of course, by employ, they mean serve. He knows about this law that they put on citizens that they must serve at least 4 years within their military once they reach a certain age which varies pending on race. It was sad to think that older and warrior like people basically refused the mission when two teenagers joined in the fight. "Well, I won't be able to join in this mission concerning that the place needs a chain of command." He said, obviously no leadership, no order.

He turned his attention towards the young girl, who goes by Mein. His eye scanning Mein with a bit of interest.