Author Topic: Broken World  (Read 22366 times)

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
  • Currently craving Apple Turnovers
    • View Profile
Re: Broken World
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2014, 02:34:37 PM »
"I'd think its customary to give names first in an introduction. Unless you already know me, which in its self is creepy." Alev replied back and looked at Ranger. "I'm Alev Kurtoglu. It would be a pleasure to meet you but I don't know if you're a person who I should be pleased to meet."

He looked at Naoki to prompt him to ask a question. He himself has plenty to ask but right now, he wanted to know what was on the boy's mind. It would also give him some insight to who he is.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
  • ...Just being lazy as heck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2014, 03:27:32 PM »
Ranger nodded to what Alev had said.

"Fair enough. You can call me Ranger." The old man introduced himself to Alev, keeping on a neutral perspective. The name 'Alev Kurtoglu' haven't brought anything up in Ranger's mind, which is a surprise for him since a boy's description with that kind of book would be more notable. Although other possibilities come into mind... He looks at Naoki to see what question he'll bring up, but Ranger knows what question that the half-demon is going to say.

"I'm Naoki Tsukino." Naoki introduce himself to Alev, since he and Ranger already met before. Just to get the introductions out of the way. Then he looks at Ranger and ask, "Ranger. ...What happen to Skyla and the others?" He already heard of what may happen to Skyla, but he wants to hear it from the old man himself.

"They had been ambushed by the Purity Corps while on a assignment." Ranger began explaining, though it sounded more of confirmation than explanation. He had noted Naoki's reaction seem to mainly pause or gone blank, likely to try to keep his emotions in check to avoid showing weakness. "The Bullman and Phantom suffered wounds and exhaustion, still alive and currently recovering. However, the girl in question is indeed kidnapped." Then Naoki's shoulders seem to relax alittle, but still tense.

There had been more on what will happen to the girl, but Ranger omit that information for now. Not out in the open...

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2014, 03:41:38 PM »
Alev thought to himself about what he just heard. It looks like Ranger and Naoki, along with the Bar's residents are allies and opposing the Purity Corps, or an authoritacal figure that the P.C. is allied with. THe other members of this little terrorist/resistance group are two people known as Bullman and Phantom, and possibly another versed in medical arts that he found out from his tome, Doctor. Naoki also seems to have some deeper connection with the kidnapped girl named Skyla; judging from the boy's stiff expression and earlier reaction.

"Oh jeez, I'm starting to become the poor civilian in movies. The one who gets caught up in some sort of conspiracy just because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time and heard things he wasn't supposed to hear." Alev muttered to himself and then gestured to Ranger. "Well, no turning back now. So what did you want to know from myself, looking as you and Naoki are in cahoots."

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2014, 04:28:50 PM »
Naoki looked rather quiet at the moment. He and Ranger are not in cahoots, especially he had decline to join their faction... He looked between Alev and Ranger, listening to their conversation while follow along with them.

"How do you come across that type of book?" Ranger asks as he gave a very simple question, but it seem like there's more to it than that. More of background checking than curiosity as the old man studies Alev and his tome with his eye. Scratching his chin in thought as what to expect from the boy's answer, likely some form of secrecy involved.

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2014, 04:43:32 PM »
Alev opened his tome and flipped a few pages.

"Its a long story and I'll spare you the details." the boy finished flipping a few pages and activated the tome with a hand swipe this time and began to read the contents. "I, on my own, went to Egypt, a country in Africa, for those who are not learned in basic Geography its the continent that looks like South America and it is directly south of main Europe. There in Eqypt, I went and infiltrated a burial ground known as a pyramid, triangular cone with a square base, meaning it has four faces. Inside I was studying one the tombs of some old king and I came across a bit of history that lead back to my birth country of what would be modern day Greece. In Greece, I researched and came across an equally old ruins at the very southern tip of the country, but it was half submerged as it was in a cave. There, I avoided some traps with a bit of thinking and came across what would be considered sacred grounds. Although it did bug me at first, I brushed it off. Inside was this tome. Its most likely an artifact of the gods and it burned to touch but after a bit of alteration, I made it my own.

Alev explained lengthily but this was as short as he could get it without talking their ears off.

"That is how I came across it." he quipped while running a finger along a sentence. Whether it be what he was just saying, or completely different sentence altogether is only known to him, or Naoki who could read fragments of it.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2014, 05:23:52 PM »
"...Right." Naoki murmured. Wondering what those places are exactly, but it seem like Alev looked to be a traveler of sorts? At least from what he can assumed so far. Then there's those words that seem familiar to him... Still, he have alot on his mind.

"hm... " Ranger seem to be quiet when Alev mentions those places, didn't even show signs of confusion like Naoki did. Perhaps it tells that the old man seen alot through his years. "Quite the adventure for you then." He said. It gave the old man some general idea of what Alev is capable of. Then Ranger gesture Alev to go ahead and ask his own questions.

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2014, 05:36:16 PM »
"Tell me about your cause or the history of this world domination." Alev asked. "Before I jump to conclusions, it would be real dandy to know exactly what has happened."

He needed the basic facts and the knowledge before he could act. Of course world domination would be a touchy subject for humans and the similar minded ilk, but for a halfling like him, it was logical and sound to have one greater power to rule over all. It would lessen wars for one, and it would also keep thing united. But as history has shown, absolute power corrupts absolutely. Even demons are subjected to this. And Alev knew that if there was such tyranny, then there would definitely be a resistance of sorts. And when that happens, there is definitely a flaw in the ruling.

"To be frank, I already know demons invaded and enslaved the world. What I would like to know more on what the allied forces who were opposing the demons were doing. Ethereal types like gods as well. And if you're going to explain on your cause, I would like to know the basics of what you are doing..."

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2014, 07:05:50 PM »
"...Very well." Ranger said, he didn't seem to be bothered by this particular subject. He then looks at Naoki, "Naoki. Bear this one from me since you already heard about this."

"Now... Before the invasion, there is a event that happened on the day of December 21st, 2012..." Then Ranger explains the history of the world and then the Factions to Alev. Naoki would notice the difference between Ranger's explanation and Hunter's. More of a briefing and summary to be precise for that Alev can understand for now, just to avoid telling the boys' ears off.

Another is that while Ranger explanation of the Factions is pretty much tells about the resistance, although he doesn't tell Alev about ALICE too deeply. Just the basics of what Alice the person is doing. This is something Ranger explain much time on while keeping things on task.

"...And there you have it. That is the summary of the situation on what is happening in this world." Ranger finishes. There are some things that he's not entitled to explain yet, but it is enough for Alev to get more information specifically. Like talking with the Hunter for one.

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2014, 07:12:55 PM »
Alev takes it all in and thinks for a moment.

"Interesting... Naoki, you have anymore questions to ask him?" the boy asked the other boy. "I have a bit of thinking to do."

As of right now, the best choice is to learn more about this Alice and see what her group is up to. The Purity Corps, in Alev's thoughts, as he has yet to see them in action, is unfit for him to consider taking sides.

"From what I'm guessing, this Purity Corps group... sounds like some petty brigands wearing uniforms. A rabbit wearing the skin of tiger. Although its one sided from your point of view."

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2014, 07:47:45 PM »
"The Purity Corps would think something similar about the Factions from the other end of the spectrum," Ranger had commented, not once he said anything biased in his explanation. Becoming more thoughtful when Alev mentions about the Purity Corp itself, a different reaction from his usual expression. "They are no push overs as well. Those in the other cities to be precise. However, like you said. It is just one point of views among the many in this situation."

Then Naoki thought for the moment, before ask. "How long until you leave?"

"...That is something I need to explain to Hunter." Ranger grimaced, although there are some problems... Which it is something to be concern about when time is of a essence. "He needs to know this as well. The best scenario would be later tonight or early morning." Mainly fast preparations...

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2014, 08:18:59 PM »
Alev closes his tome and fixes his hair slightly. The small bumps from before gone.

"So let me get this straight, you two or a bunch of you buddies in arms are going on a rescue mission to save a girl that Naoki here, has a deep connection with. Whether it be friendship, dominating, familial, or romantic." the boy said with a thoughtful expression that seemed more calculating than genuine concern. "In the mean time I would be staying with someone who is most likely allied with you, whether it be through trust, hidden neutrality, or threatened."

He tapped his chin before continuing, "From what I can conclude from what I've heard, including your not-so-secret business with the 'Queen', I'd say that this Skyla girl is probably going to go through hell. Oh excuse the pun."

Alev decided it was time to prompt Naoki and his voice rang through as if he was forcing the boy and possibly Ranger's mind to bring out the power of suggestion.

"The Purity Corps sound like the vicious group who would resort to violence and surely aren't above using heinous tools or methods to get what they want. Time is of the essence and, as Ranger told me about how competent they are, they would know that it would be the same for your resistance. They'd expect you regardless of your entrance and I'm very sure they know just who they're up against. Even if your friend didn't spill the beans, that would make her drop from information source to a liability. And liabilities are in essence, useless baggage. I'm sure you understand what I mean. Anyways, I'm simply just a kid who got caught up in this mess so it really isn't my say in what you do. Just wanted to let you know of what I thought... though I still have quite to say, I'll drop it since anyone could be listening in."

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2014, 09:23:12 PM »
Naoki thought of this while being affected by Alev's suggestion. He looks up to Ranger with wide eyes, Skyla is going to be...? His gripped his hand hard, the sharp nails start to dig into his palm. Almost starting to bleed, even if it recovers quickly.

"The boy is right with his assessment." Ranger said, noting the observation of the kid. Didn't seem to be affected by Alev's Power of Suggestion. Although there are some details that Alev haven't known yet, like who's the one who orders Purity Corps to kidnap the girl. Then he looks up to see the ALICE Hideout come to view. "However..."

"...We are here." Ranger changes topic as he slows down the pace when starting closer to the entrance, before looks toward to Naoki and Alev. "This is where we will be parting ways, unless you two want to get involved into this matter more than you want." It is more directed toward to Alev than Naoki, "It is your choice here."

"...I'll go." Naoki's eyes narrowed at Ranger.

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2014, 09:41:05 PM »
Alev put his hand on his chin as if he was in thought, but he already had his mind set.

"Although I'm not to go jumping into danger, I do have reasons to help." he answered back. "It would kill some time for one, and I could get a better idea of what you lot do. And the Purity Corps. Not to mention that this tyrannical dystopia is, with certitude, heavily restricting on information. Meaning that all citizens, barring the rats who hide deep and out of prying eyes, are logged. I'm sure my presence will throw a wrench in their plans and confuse them. Although it is a gamble on my life, they would be greatly interested in a boy who is not in their data carrying a tome like this right?"

Alev raised his tome and shook it slightly. This was a chance for Alev to show them exactly what he is capable of, in his current state, and to learn more about what is going on. He could also get a better idea of Naoki, who he is now interested in from seeing his reactions. The Purity Corps would be interested in him regardless.

For now, he looks at the hideout and speaks a bit more.

"Well Naoki, and to an extent Ranger, your friend's life is indeed in danger. Honestly, if I were to be in their shoes, the only use she has right now is information and acting as a bait. Once they deem that she has no more information to beat out of, or she hasn't spoken, then her use is just bait. Once the bait is in, she dies. Better to off her in front of the audience. Maybe broadcast it to show a message, sprinkle in some despair, get the message across. However... I don't think they would execute her so quickly. I will not explain why, but I have a hunch." he hid his mouth with his book and looked like he was in deep thought, but behind that book was a sly grin unseen.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2014, 10:06:25 PM »
Ranger nodded, but kept quiet of what Alev had said. Then he spoke up, "Very well then. Follow in then, you'll be filled in on the situation." He then gesture the two to follow before enters the Hideout. Where there's alot to tell for him to give light on the information he had received with Hunter and the others. Naoki looks toward to Alev, then quickly walks into the Hideout. His mind weighs heavy in this case as he thought about what happen to Balut and Maram. Something that he needs to see himself...

Bolverk

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2014, 11:46:44 PM »
Footsteps is heard as Hunter walked into the room, spotting the three entering. He recognized Naoki and Ranger giving them a simple, "Welcome back you two." He said in a good gesture towards the two like it was everyday. He then looked towards Alev, "Oh Hello there." Now with Alev, since he's new, he decided to go ahead and scan the boy with his eye, what caught his eye was the huge book that the boy was carrying. Judging by the size, it could be an encyclopedia. If that book was something of Old World material, that would really interest him, heck even happy to see an encyclopedia survived this long. "Ranger, We did discuss about bringing visitors here," He recalled emphasizing on the problem of bringing people to the area suddenly. He looked back to Ranger "So what's your reason of bringing..." A cue for someone to say the boy's name.