Author Topic: Broken World  (Read 20432 times)

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
  • ...Just being lazy as heck.
    • View Profile
Re: Broken World
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2014, 10:13:57 PM »
"...Right. So... You basically fall from the sky." Naoki said with a rather flat tone on the outside with a straight face. Mentally, he's trying to make sense of what this Greece place is, fishing, or what some of the terms are. All the while as he listen to the conversation.

"...What is the deal about your father?" He ask as he finished putting away his work for his shift. Tone of confusion from his thoughts is carried over. Now in more talking mood or at least trying to drag out for more time.

-

Ranger accepted the packaging of the Cigarette Pack and noted the coordinates, which he nodded. "Next question. Anything notable from those coordinates, aside from the Purity Corp patrols?" He may know where this coordinates will be, but he needs to know the unique dangers that pertains to that area.

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
  • Currently craving Apple Turnovers
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2014, 10:24:53 PM »
Alev's face went from his usual to scowling. "My father? What the hell would you want to know about that fuckface?"

Just thinking about him made his insides churn and boil like magma ready to blow. He hated him from the bottom of his heart. Its his fault mother died. Its his fault for all of the miserable memories he has.

"BUT. If you must know, all I can say is he a royal shithead. Its his fault my life sucks, why I have no mother, no home to go back to, and why I'm even here to begin with. If it weren't for him..." he grumbled and grit his teeth. An expression that did not befit a child. A face twisted with seething rage and hatred. His hand rushed through his hair, springing it up as he tried to calm down.

If anyone were to look at Alev's forehead, which is usually hidden by his hair, they could notice that, if only very slightly, it had two small bumps at the very top of the forehead, each above the eyes.

Bolverk

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2014, 08:31:59 PM »
"Well, from what we can gather, Those coordinates would place you at one of the testing facilities there. We also gathered that there is a phenomenon with a very high anomaly activity in that area," Queen responded. She then look towards the door. "By the way, a certain boy seems to be getting out of control. You remember the last time someone tried to ruin a nice facility like this?" Queen called out on purpose enough for Horus to hear.

Horus then walked to Alev. "If I were you, I'd keep that anger in check, unless you want to make enemies in a place you just arrived in. Besides, How well can you use that magic of yours right now?" He asked rhetorically. He may have passively aggressively threatened the boy but if it can keep him in check, it'll work for now.

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2014, 08:47:29 PM »
Alev grumbled something that sounded like an excuse me.

"I don't know. If I knew how well I could control it, then I wouldn't be having troubles." he sighed as he tapped the counter and rested his head on it. "Ugh, the only solid thing I can do right now is gather information. Stupid weird anti-magic atmosphere."

He didn't raise his head but he fingered his empty cup of OJ and slid it towards Horus.

"Can I get some cold water? I'm burning up inside. Literally." he flatly remarked before grumbling something about wanting to go home, back to Japan so he can relax and read mangas and watch an anime about a minotaur and his girly sidekick.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2014, 06:11:26 PM »
"I should have known better than bring up a personal problem." Naoki quietly mutters more so to himself, before ends up sighing. Would have scratched his hair if it weren't for job policies and this ponytail he’s wearing right now. Everyone does have secrets that need to be private, which apply to him as well; then again that kid could've stopped before answer. After several moments, he considers suggesting something but held his tongue to avoid further pursuing this matter.

Instead he asks, "...Any more questions?" Aside from how to return to the home place the kid comes from or something he wouldn't able to know how. Best to answer with what he can, avoid asking more questions that would ending up creating more complications since he starting to run out topics on his end. At least until things calms down… Although seeing that kind of expression, quite awhile.

Meanwhile, he still keeps his hearing out to the conversation down below. Trying to keeping his expression neutral when he caught the words about the testing facilities...

-

Ranger glanced toward to the door as well when the kid yells, which even he can hear it. The old man nodded, grimace at the piece of information toward to 'Very High Anomaly' Phenomenon' and testing facility. "Last question. What would be the motive for that group of Purity Corps' action?"

He would have added theoretical, but his mind is already in the works on that. All it needs is one more piece of information to narrow things down, definitely.

Bolverk

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2014, 09:01:23 PM »
"Well, I don't have to spell this out for you," The woman started as she popped in another bag from the tin can into her mouth and began chewing again. "You know the Purity Corp normally kills... Unless they were given special orders? By the higher ups under their rank structure?" She turned towards one of her subordinates, whispered to him, and the Avian man walked away from the room. "Who are normally the higher ups? Higher than that captor of that girl?" She asked Ranger. She knew the man is knowledgeable in this subject. There is one answer and Ranger knows it.

----

Horus nodded to Alev's request. He went to the bar counter to grab a glass, fill it with clear liquid from the faucet, and hand the drink to Alev. Horus was not too much involved but for now, he will keep tensions low to the best of his ability.

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2014, 10:25:25 PM »
Alev drank the water and there is a bit of an audible sizzle noise.

"Thanks." Alev mumbled out and got up from his seat. "So where am I going to be staying?"

The boy looked at Horus as he walked towards him but not behind the bar counter. He wanted to get close to listen better, but he also wanted to see the kinds of alcohol and the levels in case he can make use of them. If his spells weren't good now, he would have to use his mind.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2014, 11:53:56 PM »
Naoki glance toward to Horus to see if he's answering, but from the looks of it. The Bartender is likely going to act as mediator at this moment due to the kid's anger moment. He looks back to Alev and suggest, "...There's a place down the street you can stay in, the owner of that place will help you settle in." Although, how long the kid stays is the question. Naoki himself had already been considered to be moved out, no need to trouble the dwarf when she have other people to shelter.

-

Ranger's eye really narrowed as his hand clenched upon figuring out the answer. He knows what the woman's talking about on this subject. The situation with the girl, do narrow things down on who's behind this. Thus changes things and make things more urgent than before. "Very well. Thank you for the information then." He said, but it only strictly have a professional tone to it.

He would've leave right now due to this particular information, but he had to conclude business with the 'Queen' before he is let go. It is a formality.

Bolverk

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2014, 12:25:06 AM »
The Queen looked at Ranger, the Avian from before handed the Queen what appeared to be a numbered list. She stood up and walked over to the man handing the list to Ranger. "I believe this might narrow down even further. A list of the requests from our customers. Keep that from anyone else's eyes. Keep it.... Classified. Lacking better term." She requested. "Anyway, If you don't have anything else to trade in, you may leave." She lazily wave her hand at Ranger. A man knocked on the door that leads to the main bar.

Horus heard the knock and walk towards the bar, pulling the bottles in the same manner as before and the passage opens. "Well, since you two know what goes here.... do NOT tell anyone. Capiche? Giving one of our locations will put us in danger, and also we will find out who told who. You do not want us to find you, it's considered 'bad luck' if we find you." Probably the only warning they will receive.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2014, 01:26:17 AM »
Ranger quickly skim over the numbered list and nodded to the Queen. He then pockets the list in a place where he couldn't lose it, intending to burn it later once alone. Already figure out who it is despite that the list of missing girls requests tells him too, it just remind him of how urgent it is.

He then turns around and walks out of the door, having no further business with the Queen at this time. Their business is done.

-

Naoki simply nodded to Horus, keeping his word to maintain silence on this matter. Then looks to the open passage, he can hear the footsteps coming. He then can see Ranger is coming up the stairs, it seems like he's done with what's going on down there.

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2014, 01:29:57 AM »
Alev internally rolled his eyes while keeping a straight expression.

"Okay, that's nice to know. You might as well put up neon lights and blare out a sign saying, 'Shady Business Going On'." The boy waved his hand lazily to the sides as he explained their error. "Normally things like these should be more... covert and inconspicuous. Not grandly in front of customer eyes."

The boy leaned on the counter and tapped his toe against the floor.

"Also its better to use your words more selectively. You just told me, albeit rather obvious from a bit of thinking, that there are numerous spots that deal under the table. Really, from what I've been told in my short time here, regardless if I keep a secret or not, ending up dead or 'missing' sounds like a daily thing." Crossing his arms and looking at Horus with assurance. "Its also a given, like I said earlier, what happens in a bar, stays in the bar."

Alev doesn't look at the opening, but judging by the footsteps that the guy from earlier is coming back out with finished business.

Bolverk

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2014, 01:52:30 AM »
'Oh. And I suppose I can't tell someone who is obviously heard the information' Horus thought he decided not to argue nor disclose anything he knows about Alev, the bumps that was forming on his head especially.. He believed that Alev probably knew what Horus was thinking and may counter with another argument. "You're right. But I guess you already knew from that book that you carry. So there's no sense in keeping it from you anyway." Horus shrugged he turned his head towards Ranger nodded to him before closing the passage as the old man walked through. "Well, I hope to see you next time." Horus said to Ranger.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 02:10:07 AM by Bolverk »

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2014, 02:18:12 AM »
Ranger nodded to Horus before looks toward to Alev and Naoki, thoughts came into mind. He then gesture the two to follow as one of them have questions and the other that he would questioning. "We'll talk outside, both of you." He said to them as the walls have ears that can hear them, before walks out through the door. Waiting for them to come out.

Naoki frowns before mutters 'Good Night' to Horus and left to follow the old man. Concerns of what happen to others are rising up. Thoughts of questions came to mind.

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2014, 02:28:26 AM »
Alev looks at Ranger and shrugs. He bids Horus a goodbye as he leaves out the door.

He follows behind Naoki and glances at the older looking man form the corner of his eye. He keeps a loose hold on his tome, knowing that if anyone tried anything funny like theft, they'd get burnt. How badly... that was random due to the weird influence on magic in this world.

"First getting lost, then entering a bar, some disclosed things within, and now I'm following a total stranger. Oh I wonder what other things I'll do in this place. Perhaps sell a liver, rob a bank, push a grandma over, graffiti maybe." he says to himself sarcastically. "If my adoptive father were to see me, he'd be chewing my ears out with a six hour lecture for my lack of common sense and situational affected moral decisions that I probably have no control of."

With that off his chest, Alev sighs and kicks a rock as if it were the most interesting and rewarding experience ever.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2014, 03:37:26 AM »
Then Ranger start walking when they follow close enough. It seems to be a directionless route on the sidewalk for the group, but the old man decides to take the long way back to the hideout. He needs to get the idea of what kind of person the boy is first.

"We'll start exchanging questions and answers with each other," He said to the boys, tilt his head toward the boys to study them. Still very aware of where he is going. The old man had decided to let one of the two ask their questions first before asking his own. "Now. Which question that one of you would like to ask first?"