Author Topic: Broken World  (Read 20430 times)

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
  • ...Just being lazy as heck.
    • View Profile
Re: Broken World
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2014, 05:05:30 PM »
Naoki expressed a blank look when the boy mentions terms that he is not familiar with, perhaps something Hunter would know? Although, he do not know to react to this particular situation as this is... Pretty new reaction for him. Then he noticed the boy takes out a rather large and thick book, it is the most thick book that he ever since in his life. Watching the kid taps it before opening it, revealing the contents of the book that Naoki can see.

...Where the scribbles within the book looked very familiar to him. You know the nagging feeling that you remember it from somewhere, but couldn't remember where to place it? That is what Naoki is feeling at this moment, he can only make out a few words but couldn't get the whole thing at all.

"...What is that?" Naoki asked.

Ranger looks over to the boy and eye narrowed at the size of the book. His thoughts is along the lines of what Horus have, before goes back to Horus. He drank more of his whiskey.

"Information about the activities of the Purity Corps two days prior." Ranger simply explained. With a free hand, the old man goes to take something out from his cloak and reveal what seems to be a bottle. An unopened Alcohol bottle to be exact. Which he place the bottle on the counter for Horus can see and check. Intentions of bribe.

Bolverk

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2014, 05:15:10 PM »
"Bribery? you bastard. Well, I do not have that information but I know someone who does." Horus took the bottle and places it under the bar counter in the ice bucket for later. "As much as I hate doing this, I'll let you see the queen." He turned around to the bar pulling on a few bottles in a specific order. Once Horus finishes, Ranger and whoever is in the room at the time heard a crank and the bar slowly slide over opening a passage through some form of mechanism. Horus then leaned on the bar counter again as he opened the employee only door for Ranger. "Down the hall, second door on the left." He said as he tilt his head to the entrance. "Watch your step." He added.

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
  • Currently craving Apple Turnovers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2014, 05:30:21 PM »
The tome is unstable, although better than before. Perhaps time will allow it to recover enough to be able to work properly. Focusing on the tome, Alev did not look at Naoki, but answered him.

"Its a book. Obviously." Alev chided as he tried to read the flickering words.

He didn't want to explain its properties to anyone for the sole reason that its a powerful artifact and people would want it. The reason he's letting it out in the open right now is so that:

He can read up on what he wants to know but at this moment, the tome is too weak to be able offer up clear information. Its power is limited to vague output that Alev has to decode. And...

So that the bartender and that mysterious man would be interested in it. Possibly leading him to a higher up who may know what Alev wants to know. Quite possibly, this 'Queen' they're talking about from what he could eaves drop on. Its a gamble, but if he got into trouble, he could roast and bomb his way out.

Alev saw the new passage way and he thought it was his only chance at the moment.

Now to make them become more intrigued, "To be brief... it holds valuable information that only I can access. Reading is a whole different matter unless you understand forbidden languages. For one... it seems that something is happening. I can't make it out properly, too sketchy, but there seems to have been an altercation recently and a doctor involved. And this knowledge source is from..."

The boy raised his head and looked at Ranger.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2014, 05:58:16 PM »
Despite the lines of sarcasm involved, Naoki's eyes slightly widen when Alev mentioned about the doctor and looked to Ranger's direction. Based off his current knowledge... Did something happen to the others? His eyes flickers a concern of what may happen, but Ranger is heading toward to a passage that someone like him is not allowed to. Job and all that.

...Unless he uses his hearing to hear what happen, as much as Naoki hates to admit. He needs this hearing to know this.

Meanwhile, what Alev said have caught Ranger's attention. The old man kept this information in mind and simply nodded to the boy, likely plan to have chat with him after the meeting. Despite if that boy may have different intentions... It may be worth noting to know.

Ranger finish drinking his whiskey and puts it down, taking out the credits to pay for it plus tip. Place them on the canteen, regardless if it is on the house or not. Despite the coming business, he is still in the bar and have something to drink.

He gets up from the stool and nodded to Horus, before walks down the new passage with a careful balance to avoid falling. Goes by the directions that Horus mentioned to meet with the "Queen". Down the hall, second door on the left.

Bolverk

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2014, 06:09:28 PM »
Horus sighed as he close the passage to the "secret entrance" his second phase is now to act as a guard until the business transaction is completed. He looked over to Naoki and Alev, the information that Alev mention might be something interesting, though whatever the book is, if someone can't make out specific information about something, then it may not be worth checking out. A risk in the art of intelligence. "You know, you should keep that book out of the Popo's sight, they'll kill for a book like that." Horus said to Alev.

-----------

The Door swung open for Ranger as the old man walked in. A young dame in a black long dress with a red feathered scarf and a hat with a feather was sitting on the couch. Her red eyes similar to Horus look towards the visitor as she took another pouch from the tin can and began chewing on it, she knew what the man wanted. "Hello, Ranger. You know the drill." The woman said as she held her hand out, she wanted the transaction.

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2014, 06:16:12 PM »
"And I'm sure they'll kill to know whats happening in here." Alev sarcastically quipped. "From what I've gathered, you guys don't like the Corps, and the Corps don't like shady business that's got do with information."

The boy closed his book, still frustrated about how its not working as well as he hoped.

"I know what a bar is, whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Customer's secrets and shady business stays in the bar." he said as he flicked his fingers and boredly looked at the counter top. "I can always get myself out of a pickle with a bit of talking and if that doesn't go well... I could always play with fire."

Snapping his fingers, he aimed to get a small fire lit from his index but instead, he got a fizzle.

"Odd... a simple spell like that should wor-" he was cut off when his hand went aflame for a moment and then fizzled out, leaving behind no burns except a bit of smoke. "...Something ain't right, and I know it isn't me... Is there some anti-spell barrier thing in here?"
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 06:18:16 PM by Fude-Ken »

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2014, 06:46:37 PM »
Naoki raised an eye brow at what Alev said, that kid is going to get in trouble is he? ...Never mind, the half-demon took a step back away when Alev's hand is sparked in fire and left nothing. Fortunately did not ignite anything. Is he a Phenomenon? It might explain some things as Naoki remembered about Maram. Maybe, considering how that fire fizzles out.

"...There is no such barrier around here." Naoki clarified, at least as far as he's aware of. Likely not, considering what kind of barrier that the boy mentioned.

-

Ranger nodded, understanding the transaction. He takes out what appears to be a book, a hardback book worn by the years yet it is still intact and can make it for several more. There is a illustrated cover showing a shirtless man and a woman in a dress currently embraced with each other. There is a title on it in English, but Ranger doesn't bother with it.

"An Artifact that I found while I was in Sector 4. Dates back to the Old World." He explained as he hand the book to the woman with care. Especially this is what would be a fragile object... And valuable.

Bolverk

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2014, 06:56:32 PM »
The woman took the book and take a long look at the cover... especially the shirtless man. She then set the book down showing no sign of excitement and look towards Ranger. "Fascinating. " She quickly cleared her throat. "So, from what I overheard from your conversation with my brother, you want to know about Purity Corp Activity for the past two days right?" She said repeating from what  she heard was true. She held the tin can with what appear to be tobacco chews and offer it to Ranger.
-

Horus laughed, "Right, that cute spark will really light the Popo on fire." He stated sarcastically. Whatever Alev did had not worked in the boy's favor. However, Alev and Naoki can hear the conversation taking place behind the secret passage. The mood slightly dimmed as the remaining bussers and waitresses left the building for the day.

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2014, 08:00:27 PM »
Alev grumbled and tried again, this time trying to create a medium sized fireball in the palm of his hand. He recited the old language of demons quickly as a light shone in his palm. The longer he recited the incantation, the more form it took. Through using an incantation, he can bind the spell and make it more controllable at the cost of having to take the time to say the words.

About a few seconds in Alev had a perfect fireball pulsing and radiating with heat in the palm of his hand. But the instant he finished the incantation and let the spell pause with out firing it, the spherical mass of flame began to grow and combust as it recreated itself larger than before.

He let it go for a bit so he can keep the others busy with the fire as he listened in on the conversation. Something about the Purity Corps he could catch, but the fire was beginning to strain on his concentration as it began to reach instability.

"...Well that's new." he quipped, whether at the spell's instability or at the new information he listened in on, before crushing the sphere with both hands.

The spell extinguished itself, but also left Alev with a bit of pain at the unstable power it held.

"Damn, my spells aren't good..." he mumbled before asking Horus, "So what are the laws here?

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2014, 08:32:42 PM »
Naoki stares at the fire while he strains his hearing catch onto what is going on downstairs, but to keep Horus from catching onto him since he's keeping his heritage a secret. He mutters of saying, right and goes put his cleaning supplies away. Especially since he's one of remaining workers in this building... Although, he's doing it slowly as he's paying attention to both events. The conversation behind the secret passage and the cleaning the floor. It doesn't work though... So.

"...Pretty much just do what it takes to survive." Naoki answers the question to Alev instead. He practically shrugs as well. Though he sounded as if it is a reminder than explaining the general laws and what sums it up basically. There are different phrases for that law, but what Naoki said is the one that he understands.

-

"Correct." Ranger said as he raised his hand to politely decline the offer of the tobacco chews. He's a Cigar person, not a chewer. "Particularly, a group of Purity Corps whose actions does not match their memo at all during that timeframe. One action involves a kidnapping of a tanned skin elven girl with white hair and clothes without killing her."

-

When Naoki heard the words Kidnapping and the description, he froze up. What happen to Skyla?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 08:51:59 PM by Nask »

Bolverk

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2014, 08:44:34 PM »
"Well, I assume that is one of your folks then?" The woman said as she set the tin down on the table. She spat out a black and brown liquid into a red plastic bucket before looking back to Ranger. "Yes. That part is correct, The Purity Corp kidnapped the girl normally it is not like them to kidnap little teen girls but we assume they have a motive behind it. So what is it about that incident that you want to ask about?" She held up three fingers as she stared into Ranger's eyes. "Now normally I'd only give you one question but because of that.... book. I'm giving you a special deal." Ranger could tell she could not wait to read it. The pervert. The word Kidnapped was heard between Alev and Naoki.

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2014, 08:50:46 PM »
Alev wasn't all that interested in kidnappings, but he noticed Naoki freeze up. Perhaps he has certain feelings for the victim, or maybe he has traumas revolving around kidnaps? Alev studied him further and saw his expression. It looked more of concern than fear.

Wiping his mouth with his hand, the boy hid the slight impish grin that formed on his face. Perfect. Maybe he could use this Noaki fellow to get some information about the Purity Corps...

"Do what it takes to survive huh? Such a basic law for any life form." Alev spoke, his face reverting to his usual apathy. "Though I'll keep that in mind..."

Yes. Do what it takes to survive. Simple yet nothing can be more truer.

Things were getting interesting and Alev already had his eyes set on a pawn.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2014, 09:18:21 PM »
"...Yeah." Naoki then looks up, trying to keep his expression to normal. He nodded to Alev, unaware of the boy's plans. Then... In attempt to change conversation.

"...How did you get to this city, exactly?" Naoki asks as he tries to finish putting things away. Trying to keep up the conversation as he kept listening. Trying to hear what is going on...

-

Ranger noted the woman's reaction, he takes this special offer and makes use of this carefully. He then begins his question with careful words. "First question. Which coordinates that the Purity Corp for the kidnapping are heading toward to?" He would say city and where, but coordinates would give a more specific answer.

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2014, 09:29:27 PM »
"If I knew that I wouldn't be here. I'd be back home relaxing while reading the next chapter of One Punch Man." Alev quipped haughtily.

It would be bad if he were to explain that he was in hell with his father so he needed to make it sound vague as possible but still believable.

"But if you must know. I was on a trip with my loathsome father to Greece to visit my mother's grave. After that, I thought I would be going back home but no. My father suddenly appears with fishing gear and proclaims that we go fishing. That was the start of his twisted father and son bonding time. I didn't want to have it so when his back was turned, I left. I wasn't all too familiar with the place so I went through a few doors, avoided a few traps, and then I lost my footing. I fell into this whirlpool, very hot mind you, and then I fell to the bottom. Next thing I know it, I'm in some Alice and Wonderland like falling sequence and BAM!!" Alev smacks the counter top real hard, "I land in this city."

He too kept a close attention on the conversation. He hit the table so that Horus wouldn't suspect him of eavesdropping, and to surprise him he loses concentration.

Bolverk

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2014, 09:48:41 PM »
The woman smiled, "The Purity Corp is taking her to..." She pulled out a pen and wrote on a packaging that was a cigarette pack 32.7758 N, 96.7967 W and hand it to Ranger. "There she will be in that general area somewhere based on what my scouts heard." She then crossed her legs spitting out the small teabag out into the bucket. "Of course, I won't guarantee they'll still be there when you arrive, you may not have a whole lot of time before they move to the next city."

-

Horus' attention was caught when Alev slammed his hands on the counter. It did caught him by surprise but other than that, he was not noting anything about the conversation between Alev and Naoki and continued to stand guard.