Author Topic: Broken World  (Read 20431 times)

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
  • ...Just being lazy as heck.
    • View Profile
Re: Broken World
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2014, 02:31:57 PM »
Ranger noticed the S sound before the girl introduced herself as Mein. A alias perhaps? And then there is the part where she stares at something or someone in the room. He noted on that fact before spoke, “Tell about how you can provide for the mission more specifically.”

At this point, much of the judging process is unneeded as there’s only one volunteer (Naoki and Alev are already set to join in the mission) in the end. The Old Man is cautious however, there is at least one obligation to follow this through which is mainly to get a brief idea of what role the volunteer would play better. No need to see the volunteer first to die in the mission if she ends up in a role that she doesn't do well in, especially if being subtle. Every person counts on this mission.

Naoki like the others, also stares at Mein with a curious thoughts. He doesn't know what to think of her, but they are going to work with each other to save Skyla...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 02:58:26 PM by Nask »

Offline Kimoto

• Tragedy's King
  • Administrator
  • The Ace Group
  • Broken Beyond Repair
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2014, 03:51:44 PM »
"My combat ability isn't anything amazing but I can fend off an enemy for awhile, I'm decent at sneaking around and can stick to metal. I can... Also possibly steal information depending on what type of thing I'm taking the information out of. Anything that uses power." Mein explained, meaning Power as in Electricity. She demonstrated that by holding her hand up as a few sparks shot off her fingers up into the air before dissipating. The girl seemed to be fiddling with her sweater sleeves as she thought though.

"I'm not to well practiced in that last one yet though. Don't rely on it. It's also good for breaking and entering into places with the same kind of equipment I'd say. Defense is a specialty of mine though, and stalling for time." Her explanation made it sound like she wasn't completely confident with her own abilities, but she picked up the bag she was carrying and made sure it was on her back properly, the sound of metal hitting metal lightly.

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
  • Currently craving Apple Turnovers
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2014, 07:20:17 PM »
Alev crossed his arms and shifted his weight on one leg, his other leg idly tapping the ground impatiently. "So. Do we have any idea on the layout of the location and possible whereabouts this Skyla is being kept, or do we have to search room by room." He flatly asked, tilting his head to the side. "If what miss clanky over here," He pointed a lazy hand swipe at Mein, "is explaining about her power, she's your best bet on finding out floor plans."

To be frank, her power, from what she explained, would be quite dangerous to the opposing side. A power that can be used to tamper with electronics and intelligence. Truly frightening, Mein may be a target for how dangerous she can potentially be. Its best if her powers were laid low. More over, what Alev was wondering the most about was if there were... backstabbers or spies that had mingled within the group of volunteers. If so, then this mission could be fatal...

Bolverk

« Reply #108 on: August 29, 2014, 05:49:22 PM »
Hunter took in some thought from Alev's explanation, with Mein's abilities it would make getting into the area a lot smoother. Though he may not be joining them on the mission, even he thinks Mein would be a useful asset for this mission along with Alev with that strange encyclopedia in his hand. "Well, he certainly does have a point." He agreed with the young boy, "If you guys are going to find her, you will certainly need to know the floor plans of the area and through her would be the best option and maybe she might do more than that."

Balut stood up before speaking, "Well we need all the help we can get, I'll be off gathering some things from the market." He said, "I need to make some things." He then left, limping on a leg as he walked out.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 05:53:00 PM by Bolverk »

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
  • ...Just being lazy as heck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 29, 2014, 08:10:31 PM »
Ranger seem to be thought by the indication of scratching his chin before making a follow up with Hunter's answer. "...As for the floor plans themselves, that is something we need to discuss once we reach the site of the mission itself," He said with rather careful words of choice, perhaps to avoid key information revealed out in the open at this point, "Until then, the following preparations for the mission if needed, we all meet at the south entrance of the city within one hour. If I am needed prior to that, I will be preparing for the mission."

Instead of allow for questions about the mission itself, Ranger proceed to follow Balut to make due for his preparations and inform the bullman of the meeting time. Leaving Naoki, Mein, Alev, and Hunter in the room.

Naoki absently nods, still stare at Mein with thoughts going on in his mind. He doesn’t have anything that can be brought for the mission, thus leaving him to just… "...Is there anything you guys want to do while waiting?" He asks Alev and Mein, just to get this question out of the way first. He had first considered to check on Maram to see his current condition himself, but he need to see if those two want to head somewhere first since they are new to this city still.

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
  • Currently craving Apple Turnovers
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 29, 2014, 08:19:34 PM »
Alev shook his head to the sides, "Its an hour right? I might as well stay put and concentrate for whats to come. Excessive knowledge in a day can cause distractions. Plus, I only have my weapon," He raised his tome and tapped it against his shoulder, "So I'm pretty much set to go."

The boy simply began to look around once more, walking and stopping here and there to inspect somethings. "Mein might want to know some stuff though. Like Skyla's appearance and descriptions, history, bio, those things she might need to know when she goes tampering around with files. Who knows, it might just get us closer to saving your friend Naoki." Alev added while he stepped around some things that interested him.

However, his mind and eyes seemed to be following the path Balut and Ranger took.

Offline Kimoto

• Tragedy's King
  • Administrator
  • The Ace Group
  • Broken Beyond Repair
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2014, 08:50:19 PM »
The girl muttered to herself, hoping they didn't put her ability up too high. Even if it could be useful, she had already said she wasn't completely confident she can use it to pull off such a task. She turned up to look at Naoki though, nodding to what Alev had said.

"That information would be fairly useful. Though... Tell me, is this girl really that important to all of you? I'm not saying friends are bad, but do you value them enough for this?" Her question was accompanied by a glare, as she gave a thought in the back of her mind that she's glad they didn't check her too much. Too many questions would make her want to run.