Author Topic: Broken World  (Read 20682 times)

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
  • ...Just being lazy as heck.
    • View Profile
Broken World
« on: April 26, 2014, 10:23:27 PM »
((Begin the Group Campaign Mode! Starting of from the previous post in the One on One Version. Link: http://fanfictionunderground.org/forum/index.php?topic=411.msg8064#msg8064 ))

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
  • Currently craving Apple Turnovers
    • View Profile
Re: Broken World
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 10:28:42 PM »
An olive skinned boy of Southeastern European/Mediterranean descent, looking around the age of 13 or 14, dressed in a red short sleeve hoodie with a small black crown decal on the back, over top a loose white tank-top, and wearing khaki cargo shorts, Alev looked up and closed his large, thick book slowly with a slight clap. His legs hung in the air from the stool he sat on and kicked his feet slightly as he shifted in his seat. A hand scratches his short and slightly messy tuft of reddish auburn hair as he looks at Horus rather dully, hinting of frustration, with dark scarlet eyes.

"It isn't so much as 'bringing' but more like 'lost refugee'. What I thought was a day of going to Greece turned into some shitty father-son bonding time that I don't want to take part of. Next thing I know, I'm out of there while my dumb ass father's back is turned. And what do you know, I get lost and somehow end up some place that definitely doesn't look like molten fire or South Europe. And I'm definitely not on Earth with all those funky races walking around like an Anime-con. Well at least not my Earth. Fucking joyous really."

Resting his head on his arm he adds,

"I'm having a splendid day, thank you."

Bolverk

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 10:40:48 PM »
Horus stared at the boy as he set a cup in front of the boy and poured orange juice in it. What are those places the boy mention? Horus thought really hard, maybe he can get the historian to define those places, at least he would know what those are. "Well, I'm sorry to hear that." He was not sure how to help the boy's situation but hopefully something to drink will cheer the boy up. He pushed the cup to the boy. "It's on the house; Well, if you need a place to rest, I know someone who will help you with that." Horus said concerned for the boy, putting a rag into the water bucket under the bar counter.

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 10:46:03 PM »
Alev took the drink and took a sip. Tasted like oranges. Figures, but you never know if its laced with drugs or tastes like fish in a world so familiar but alien. Is this even Earth?

"That'd be great thanks. I was wondering where I could sleep since kids my age should totally be out lost in the dead of night and panicking how to get back home."

He took a look around and then back at Horus. Studying his features.

"So... to the basics. Where am I, what is the date, and did the world we know of end in a nuclear warfare that may or may not have happened because of something trivial?"

Bolverk

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 10:58:00 PM »
What Alev saw was a man who seems to have some bird like features particularly the feathers around his arms. Judging by that he may be a Half-Avian. When Alev mention the date, Horus gave Alev a questioning look as he answered, "You didn't know? It's April 14th 2172. The world 'ended' by Demons running the place. If I know the history from a particular customer of mine. Humans were almost wiped out. So I guess that is the reason why all of these 'funky' races is roaming around as you described it, and why this place is a complete mess." Horus said tilting his head to the door that leads outside.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 11:02:31 PM »
Horus can see a old man, wearing a cloak over his armor and a mechanical eyepatch over his eye, enters through the door. Keeping a silent pace even within at this time of hour for when the place is closing. Ranger goes to sat down at the counter, waiting for someone... To be exact, he looks toward to the bartender of the Four Clovers. However, it seem like he can wait patiently for the coming business until Horus finished with the boy.

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 11:04:45 PM »
Alev listened in on Horus' brief explanation and thought to himself he was right about the world being in a destroyed dystopia setting. Taking his glass of orange juice, he was about to take a sip when he heard the phrase, 'Demons'. His glass touched his lips but he did not drink. His eyes stared at the half-avian with an unreadable expression.

He set the glass down and asked, "Over run... by demons? And year, 2172...?"

Did he jumped forward a century and a little? Was this his father's doing? Was it? It can't be...? Alev scrambled to think of an explanation but he found himself only guessing with out concrete evidence.

Bolverk

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 11:09:58 PM »
Horus nodded. "That's right. Ran by Demons. And the year is 2172." He looked to his left to spot the old man with the eyepatch sitting at the counter. The Avian nodded to the man acknowledging his existence before turning back to the boy. "I'll be right back, in the mean time," He turned to a particular busser of the workforce he had employed. "Naoki, keep the boy occupied for the moment, I'll be right back." He ordered as he then walked towards Ranger. "Well, Ranger, surprise to see you here. Care for a drink?" The Bartender offered.

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 11:14:44 PM »
Alev looked at Naoki from the corner of his eye and looked over his features before staring at his half-empty glass of OJ. If this was the future the it possible this could be his earth. Then again, he doesn't know the history of this world so it may be different. But from what the bird said, he doesn't seem to know much on history. Maybe he's stupid or was a drop out. Or maybe history is taboo and blocked by the government?

"Ah... government. Right..." he mumbled to himself as he remembered that if he were to stay here for god knows how long, he'd have to avoid officials since he is most likely not on the list of residences with legal documents...

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 11:27:28 PM »
The busser in question nodded as he stop what he was doing, which it is cleaning part of the floors, before walks over to Alev. From what the newcomer can see, it is a pale young man in the work uniform for the bar. Black hair tied in a pony tail and gold eyes are his features. He seems pretty much human, although there are hints of something non-human. Slit eyes and sharp nails for one, but there seem to be more...

"...Is there anything you need, Sir?" Naoki asks Alev. Although, he seem to struggle with manners, but still maintainable.

Back at the counter, Ranger nodded. "Whiskey would be fine. But there is something I need to ask of you." The old man place his hand on the counter, before gave a gesture that it is something Ranger need to whisper or talk quietly.

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2014, 11:34:55 PM »
Alev looked at Naoki.

"Perhaps a way back home." he sarcastically replied. "Though I'd like to now what the government is like here. Or who ever is in charge of this shitty looking world. I heard demons but there are tones of demons out to rule the world. Beezlebub? Mammon? Baal? Lucifer? Asmodae?"

He didn't want to say his father's name, but it was a possibility until proven wrong.

Bolverk

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2014, 11:43:45 PM »
Horus simply pulled out a canteen and set it on the counter in front of the old man. Horus was not smiling anymore. The Bartender knew the man. He hardly ever comes to the Four Clovers unless the other bar is closed, he is stressed, or about something business related. "Go ahead and spit it out, There's hardly anyone here anyway," Horus said as he leaned against the counter, his arms crossed.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2014, 12:52:22 AM »
Naoki raised a eyebrow at Alev, but eyes quickly avoid eye contact when Alev mentioned Demons. Still... Had that kid heard about this from the Broadcasts? Perhaps the boy come from a different city or something? Still, he had to answer.

"...The name of the Government is called the New Ark Empire, led by the King named Oron Lyklee." Naoki still responded. He seem to keep it in summary as he try to remember what he can. Then Naoki realized something and make the follow up to try to quickly assured the boy. "...Fortunately for you. Chicago is currently controlled by the Factions, they can ward off the Purity Corps."

Then Naoki shook his head as he crossed his arms, trying to answer to the other question. "Never heard of those names. But I remember hearing my boss mentioned the name "Baal" once before, you can ask him about it when he gets back." He quickly glance to the side to where Horus is, where he sees Ranger before looks back to Alev. A thought came to mind for him, why is Ranger here?

Back to the old man and the bartender...

Ranger nodded at what the bartender said as he kept his usual expression. He picks up the canteen and opens the lid, then takes several sips from his drink. "I would like to discuss business with the "Queen"." He simply asked, straight to the point.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 12:56:38 AM by Nask »

Offline Inu-Jii

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2014, 02:58:09 PM »
Alev looked at Naoki with an expression that looked like someone who couldn't tell the difference between O and 0. Regaining his composure several seconds later, the boy quickly finished his OJ and went back to questioning.

"Oron Lyklee? King? New Arc Empire? Factions? Purity Corps? I sound like I'm in a goddamn manga or war simulation!" he shouted, clearly the boy is exasperated at just what setting he's in.

The fact that he's in the future and most likely an alternate realm made him feel displaced. Despite living for quite a long while, he's still a child at heart. He didn't exactly have the best and moral upbringing, let alone emotional support, from his only family: his father. Still, knowing that his father may not be the cause assured him in an odd way.

As for the name Baal, the boy's heart sunk slightly. Hearing a demon's name is never a good thing. Especially one of the highest ranking demons in history/mythology/religion. He noted it was weird the guy named Naoki didn't know the other names, but he ruled it our as he was unlearned, or those names wouldn't be taught in normal, for this world's standards, civilian education.

There was only one problem that Alev could not resist to comment on.

"Chicago? I'm in the United States?!" he . "I'm across half the fucking world!!" he shouted and face palmed, emphasizing his words and actions with a face palm.

Frustrated at the lack of information and getting no where, Alev opened his tome and activated it. He couldn't care if people were looking. He had to know. His tome didn't work properly early when he came here and he ruled it out as the tome trying to adjust and adapt to the new settings. Maybe it'll function now.

The tome was bigger and thicker than most encyclopedias, and in Alev's hands it looked heavy although the boy carries it in one hand. The cover looks wooden with fine ebony craft, the corners and spine reinforced with anodized steel. The embroidery and designs on the covers and steel were detailed with scribbles that would be called runes. The sepia pages were aged with time but didn't show signs of damage or fragility. In fact, it was crisp as if it were never used.

Swiping a finger on a random page and drawing out a complex movement in a span of a second, he taps the page and activates the tome. The pages glow and flutter to life as words, drawings, and a faint unearthly glow billow out from the pages. Although the contents flickered and glitched occasionally. Whats written seems to be in a language unrecognizable, and only known to Alev...

And maybe demons...

Bolverk

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2014, 03:52:02 PM »
Horus frowned. "You know me well Ranger, I do not take people to the boss." Horus looked over to see the boy now holding what appear to be an encyclopedia of sorts a rather big encyclopedia. How did that boy manage to get something like that? Encyclopedias at that size and information, any Purity Corp would've kill for that book just to destroy it. Luckily, the boy is in a safe haven. He turned back to Ranger, "Besides, what is so important that you would want to talk to the Queen for?" Horus tapped his shoe in a consistent beat. He wanted this conversation to end.