Author Topic: Awakening Redux  (Read 22662 times)

Offline Slider Eclipse

• Founder
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening Redux
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2014, 06:19:06 PM »
Maria nodded before drawing her lance, keeping her staff slung  to her side like a sword just in case.
List of Note worthy Quotes

"I wouldn't just call the police, I would call the police." ~ Pokemon X boards
"It's not that Nintendo hates the rest of the world. It's that Nintendo will only sleep with one part of the world. The rest of the world and Nintendo are just friends." Pokemon X Boards

Offline Sam Altaris Leonhart

• Administrator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2014, 07:10:45 PM »
Barrick glanced around for a weapon stand nearby before throwing a low kick at his opponents legs.

Offline PitFTW

• Creator of Guardians
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2014, 03:28:14 PM »
"It's still creepy," Lin said, shivering a little. She didn't really have much women's intuition, but the rare times it did some to her, it usually had pretty good sense. At this moment, it was telling her that no matter how innocent it seemed, the Grima Festival was anything but good. She briefly considered wandering to the marketplace, to see if she could catch any creepy cultists setting up or anything. Ah, but she did not have her bow with her and even then, she had been banned from carrying it over there ever since the tomato incident. "But… still, I guess it's worth checking out, right? Wanna go?"

--

"It is a scroll of Cho'sin values," Lance said. "It is also imbued with a powerful magic that-" the scroll began glowing. Lance blinked in surprise then stood up, frowning as the letters began rearranging themselves. The magic only activated when great danger was nearby. It would even give him the location of it so he could either run away from the place or towards it. Lance bit his bottom lip. "There is a great evil at work here. I advise you stay away…" he checked his pocket for his two daggers, gifts from his parents. "And I hope that the enemy fights with honor."

--

Quinn simply sat there and chewed his burger, not paying attention to anything. Hell, if an explosion happened outside, the only way he'd look up is if it affected his bike in some way. He loved the thing, since he worked so hard to get it. It was practically his girlfriend at this point.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
  • ...Just being lazy as heck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2014, 05:42:10 PM »
"...Great." said Marcel as he quickly gets up, partly disappointed that he didn't get to hear more about the scroll. It is sound like a good read like the closed book he's holding in his hand. Still objects with powerful magics are not something to be easily dismissed, especially if it warns them of great danger.

He quickly reach out for his gun and pulls it out in the open, but ends up reaching air. Of all times...!

"I left my weapon and the ammo in my room." Marcel said to Lance. He didn't think he had to use it, considering the rules involved on campus. "Where is the danger originated from?" Just so he can calculate and make a run to grab his weapon to defend himself.

-

The Blond paused the moment as he sips his soda drink. He still enjoying his meal, but... He noticed something odd outside in the streets through the window. People wielding weapons out in the open, eyes seem to be vacant...

He took off his headphones and the music coming off dies down, but not enough where it is silent. He said. "What is that?" He wonders.

Offline Kimoto

• Tragedy's King
  • Administrator
  • The Ace Group
  • Broken Beyond Repair
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2014, 05:45:05 PM »
All around town, the Vacant people started attacking innocents, seemingly like they were looking for something specific. Each on attacked like a trained warrior.

Nagi... Though decided to make one specifically attack Michael and Maria from behind, shoving them both down, and kicking it back followed by punching the vacant man in the shoulder to drop his weapon, before a knee to the stomach where he fell for now, mostly because she was controlling it to go down easily.

"... You two aren't careful enough." She prayed her acting just now would keep her on those two's good side.

• Administrator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2014, 12:44:48 PM »
Alexander shrugged. "Sure, why not? Mind if I drop my stuff off at my house, first?"

---

Barrick made a feint towards the Vacant's sword arm before wheeling it up and around to try and hit it on it's temple.

TomJackal

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2014, 04:47:52 PM »
Michael just raised an eyebrow and got up. He held the tome and pulled Nagi in, whispering in her ear. "You're pulling these thing's strings, but it's clearly suicide to fight you... Just humor me and help get them out of town at least."

Offline Kimoto

• Tragedy's King
  • Administrator
  • The Ace Group
  • Broken Beyond Repair
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2014, 10:14:04 PM »
Nagi rolled her eyes and moved her hands to make the things go a bit easier to clear them out, for now... But nothing happened.

The woman thought it over though... So he wouldn't approve of letting her go easy... That or she needed more practice.

"... Looks like we gotta go all out. The Morphs are deadly creatures after all." She shrugged and kicked behind her, as two more Vacant beings attack Michael and Maria with Axes.

The thing Nagi called a Morph was hit over by Barricks strike, but seemed to get up after being harmed, slashing at his stomach. The damage to it wasn't obvious but it definitely was hurt.

• Administrator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2014, 11:43:00 AM »
Barrick stepped back to avoid the blade, growling under his breath. He stabs at the Morph's shoulder, hoping to disarm it.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
  • ...Just being lazy as heck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2014, 02:38:59 PM »
The blond don't know what happen next as all of the sudden. There's breaking glass. People screaming and running. Just when he come to notice... He's blocking one of those vacant eyes-like people trying to kill him, only the ax that he's carrying able to block the weapon that the crazy person have. It is also when he noticed that he's standing on the floor and his axe is what led his life to be saved.

"What the hell man. Why do you guys have to interrupt some good lunch." He said, not a question but a fact. Giving a glare at the zombie-like person behind his blond blinding bangs. Then proceed to kick the person away from him.

Offline PitFTW

• Creator of Guardians
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2014, 07:00:41 PM »
Quinn didn't notice anything. He was simply sitting there, chewing his burger and drinking his shake. Honestly, if anyone else was around, they would probably call him especially uncaring or particularly ignorant. Either way, as far as he could tell, his bike was still perfectly safe and sound. No one had touched it, so there was no point in him leaving his precious food. He squirted ketchup on his burger and kept eating.

--

"The main part of town," Lance said quickly, getting up. "We will need to be on our guard, lest we somehow lose our lives in the process." he leaped up and began running, already taking out his knives. He could see… things with blank faces running about, attacking others. Were these the terrible creatures, the Risen, from legend? If so, then they were surely highly dangerous. Lance leaped into the fray without a second thought, slamming the hilts of his blades into passerby Risen as he did so. Some fell to the ground, but others were soon upon him.

--

"No problem!" Lin said cheerfully. She was busy stowing the notes away in her bag anyways. That and she wanted to go get her bow. "We'll meet at the nearest fast food joint, yeah?"

Offline Kimoto

• Tragedy's King
  • Administrator
  • The Ace Group
  • Broken Beyond Repair
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2014, 07:19:37 PM »
Barrick successfully disarmed the Morph but... Oddly it died right there, and faded away as if it had never been there.
Lance's attack on the Morphs went well but unfortunately several with Bows fired at him from afar.
The one who was kicked by the blond seemed to... Throw their axe at him, as more came in.
Elsewhere, A Morph stabbed a spear into Quinn's bike. Uh oh.

• Administrator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2014, 07:27:20 PM »
Barrick reached down, picked up the left behind sword, and then dashed off to see if he could intercept any other Vacants.

---

"The burger place at the corner of campus?" Alexander asked as he zipped up his bag.

Offline PitFTW

• Creator of Guardians
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2014, 07:35:35 PM »
"Yeah! It's got milkshakes too, and I think that one weird green-haired guy that's always hanging around campus goes there a lot," Lin said. She swung her bag over her shoulder and waved. "I'll see you later! I have to go to my dorm and grab some stuff." with that, she skipped off, blissfully unaware of the trouble that was happening in town.

--

"Kuso!" Lance cursed as he dived behind a car, breathing a sigh of relief as the arrows plinked uselessly off. He had been trained well in hand-to-hand combat, as was the Cho'sin way, but there was little he could do against a ranged attacker, other than maybe dodge. But even he knew that he could not dodge forever. Dark eyes searched around until he found a fallen trashcan lid. Perfect.

Lance rolled out from behind the car, holding the lid like a shield as he sheathed one of his knives and charged with the other one, desperately hoping to avoid the arrows. These Risen were surely mad!

--

The spear had cut a deep gash at the front of the bike, removing the carefully applied paint job and overall ruining the front. He didn't know why the stupid thing had to go and attack his bike, and frankly, he didn't care. The only thing that mattered was the fact that this stupid… whatever the fuck it was had attacked his bike. Now he abandoned his meal, now he was on his feet, now he was mad.

"You fucking asshole," Quinn half-whispered as he suddenly ran up behind the Morph and sliced the blade of his knife across the offender's neck. "That was a HARLEY FUCKING DAVIDSON!"

TomJackal

« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2014, 07:43:43 PM »
"Right then." Michael glanced down at the Tome that he got from Anna. Thunder. Perfect. He saw a Vacant coming after Nagi with a spear from behind, pushed her to the side, and let loose a magical bolt right in the thing's face.