Author Topic: Awakening Redux  (Read 14090 times)

Offline LinkFTW

• Global Moderator
  • The Queen Group
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening Redux
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2014, 07:43:35 PM »
Quinn rolled his eyes behind his glasses, but kept his expression forcibly neutral. Dammit, why couldn't this kid just be dumb like most people? Oh well, it's not like they were going to meet again. He stepped on the brakes as they neared a random building, the bike humming underneath him as he made the head gesture that universally meant "Get off my bike, bitch."

--

Lance straightened his bag uncomfortably as he approached where Marcel was sitting. Yes, he could definitely feel a pull towards this person. He just hoped that it didn't get him in too much trouble. Unlike most of his impolite peers, he didn't immediately sit down. Manners were important in his world, as they were a great value.

"Pardon me, but may I sit?" Lance asked.

--

Lin blushed. It was usually embarrassing for her to ask for the notes, so she usually had to ask different people. "T-This whole week's. Sorry!"

TomJackal

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2014, 08:12:32 PM »
As the young man wandered, a sight caught his eye. A sign that read 'Travelling Merchant'. He smiled and shook his head. "Crazy woman..." He muttered, stepping into the shop. "Anna! Did you move again?" he called, looking around the room.
A black haired woman poked her head through the door. "Oh! Michael! I was wondering when you'd find me."
"It's not hard when your sign is the most recognizable thing in Ylisstol next to the Fire Emblem." Michael replied, smiling.

"So what can I get you today?" Anna said, coming into full view. She wore a red t-shirt and jeans that always had a grease stain or something. Or at least, Michael always saw them that way.
"I need books. Dad needs whatever old things you got-"
"Dad still a history buff? Awesome." Anna chimed, starting to rifle through her stock.
"Not for the house. And I need a Magic Tome." the boy concluded, and stuffed the list into his pocket.
"A Tome, eh? Last I checked, your family doesn't use magic, Mikey." Anna said, a sly grin on her face. She made her way to the counter with a small stack and set it at the counter.
"I got my permit last month. I can use the E class stuff."
"Mm, I must be slipping if I let that gem escape me. Hold on, I'll go see what I have in the back." With that, Anna flitted off to the back room, where she had the weapons, tomes, and staves stored.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
  • ...Just being lazy as heck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2014, 10:29:47 PM »
Marcel looks up from his book to see Lance spoke to him. Odd that the Cho'sin speaks to him now, since he himself prefers to just simply move on and avoid the spotlight as per say. Not the type where he approaches new students.

Still from what he heard about Cho'sin culture, it would be rude to not decline. Also, Lance is polite enough to ask.

"Sure. Take a seat." Marcel answers in kind to Lance, points to the chair on the opposite end of the small table. Then he turns a page on his Novel.

-

The Blond walks into what seem to be a drive-through place where usually vehicles comes in and park to order their food. He done something like this as well by walking up to the stall where people can eat outside as there's a table. He press the button and make his order, then goes to sit down at the table and waits for his order. Even support his hand to his chin out of boredom.

Offline Sam Altaris Leonhart

• Administrator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2014, 11:44:01 PM »
Alexander gave Lina bit of a disappointed look. "15 Copper Pieces, and have it back by... 5 PM tomorrow," he said as he leafed through his book for the subject.

---

Barrick jumped from the bike, and lifted his sword off his shoulder as he started to walk off. "If you need me, check the gym sometime. Fare thee well, 'Lance'."

Offline PitFTW

• Creator of Guardians
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2014, 11:59:50 PM »
"Thank you," Lance said as he took the seat offered. Feeling that Marcel would probably not want to make any further conversation, he rummaged around in his bag for a little bit before pulling out a scroll. Ah yes, he still read from scrolls. It was nothing like the electronic readers or the books or anything that most people had today, and Quinn had yet to teach him in the ways of books and e-readers. So, he was content with his scroll, where the Cho'sin language was written in many lessons that he carried to heart.

--

Quinn grunted in response. "Sure, whatever. Later, maybe." with that, he kicked his bike into gear again and drove off towards the nearest fast-food joint. He leaped off it as soon as he parked it and walked in, practically shoving the door aside. A lot of people turned to look at him, and a good majority of them kinda shrunk in their seats. Good. The more people that feared him, the less likely he would wake up with a switchblade stuck in his chest.

"I'll take the usual," he said lazily to the cashier. After paying for his lunch, he walked out and picked a table next to some blonde kid, sitting down and waiting for his food.

--

Lin bit her lip. All of this falling asleep in class was beginning to get expensive. Luckily, her parents were well off and she had a small fortune gifted to her from some relatives far away, she didn't know. Still though, there were better things to spend coppers on. Reluctantly, she took out her purse and carefully counted out the money, before taking Alex's notes. She furrowed her nose a little at the chicken scratch, but nonetheless, at least he was nicer about lending her notes than most people.

"Thanks, Alex! You're the best, you know that? Oh! Umů I don't know if you've noticed, but have you seen all the signs posted up around campus?"

Offline Kimoto

• Tragedy's King
  • Administrator
  • The Ace Group
  • Broken Beyond Repair
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2014, 12:05:52 AM »
Once Anna was in the back... The tall woman who had been looking for some target came up behind Michael, not making a sound, as she reached... And grabbed at his throat from behind.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 04:46:06 PM by Kimoto »

• Administrator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2014, 12:15:01 AM »
Barrick checked his watch, then his phone. He looked up the Home Security app to see if Alexander had gone to the apartment, and sighed when he saw he hadn't returned. "Guess I'm getting the food." He shot Alexander a quick test, and went to the marketplace.

---

"Signs?" Alex asked. He didn't hang on campus much.

Offline Slider Eclipse

• Founder
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2014, 12:20:36 AM »
Maria huffed and pouted a bit inside the bookstore. " where is he.. he should have been here by now. " she muttered to herself. as she boredly thumbed through a random book, one eye on the front door. blissfully unaware that not only has her plan fallen to pieces.. but that her Friend was in trouble.
List of Note worthy Quotes

"I wouldn't just call the police, I would call the police." ~ Pokemon X boards
"It's not that Nintendo hates the rest of the world. It's that Nintendo will only sleep with one part of the world. The rest of the world and Nintendo are just friends." Pokemon X Boards

Offline PitFTW

• Creator of Guardians
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2014, 12:32:30 AM »
Lin nodded. "Yeah. All these signs about this weird festival thing in the marketplace. It's supposed to be annual, butů" she paused. "I've need seen it any year since I moved here. But a lotta people are acting like it's nothing."

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
  • ...Just being lazy as heck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2014, 12:52:50 AM »
It is true that Marcel does not desire further conversation, but...

"...What is that scroll about?" Marcel asks, curious of what that scroll that Lance is reading. He kept his eyes on his reading, but he can pay attention toward to the coming conversation. Seeing a scroll is something worth noting, even to this day and in this country.

-

The blond didn't noticed the sudden fear in the air from a biker entering the place. He simply yawns and thinks about what to do after he eats, possibly check out that festival and see if there's anything note worthy there.

Then he notice that his order comes in and place the try down on his table. Consist of two hot dogs, fries, and a drink.

"Thanks." The blond takes out the coins needed to pay for his meal, plus tip to the girl that brought in his order. After the girl left saying 'Have a good day', he proceed to get started eating.

TomJackal

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2014, 10:16:49 AM »
When Michael was grabbed, he panicked. Anna wouldn't hear any cries for help in the back, so he figured he was on his own in this one. The boy grabbed his weapon by the sheath and yanked it off his waist, then twisted it and jabed the woman in the gut as hard as he could.

Offline Kimoto

• Tragedy's King
  • Administrator
  • The Ace Group
  • Broken Beyond Repair
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2014, 11:30:58 AM »
The woman knew she wouldn't react in time for this one, so she went with it a bit, taking the hit but lowering the force by going back as well without losing her grip, and threw Michael at the wall.

"Hm... Smart at least..." She muttered, rethinking. If the rest would act this appropriately maybe the other option was a good one... "... Kid tell me your name and I won't make it attack."

She gave that offer as a shadow cast over her, and a foreboding feeling, as something odd was definitely happening in town.

TomJackal

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2014, 02:17:14 PM »
Michael hit the wall and definitely felt something crack. He took a couple steps away from the wall and faced the woman. It took a moment for him to assess the situation. Left lens cracked... Bruised neck in the making... Maybe a bone fracture somewhere... Ok... All she's asking for is my name. Don't wanna find out what 'it' is... "Michael Matthews..." Then a thought occured to him. "And who might you be?"

• Administrator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2014, 02:48:52 PM »
"Oh, that Grima Festival?" Alexander asked almost nonchalantly. "It's a Plegian Festival to their Old God. An excuse to drink and party. It's been creeping eastward for a decade or so."

---

Barrick thought he heard something as he walked through the marketplace. He looked around, but didn't make more investigations, since nothing seemed to follow it.

Offline Kimoto

• Tragedy's King
  • Administrator
  • The Ace Group
  • Broken Beyond Repair
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2014, 03:27:51 PM »
The woman memorized the name and was a bit surprised he decided to ask for hers.

"... Very well. I'll give you that. You may call me Nagi." She turned and walked away while telling him. "I suggest moving fast if you don't want to die."

She said that because... All over town there were people who seemed unusually blank, with vacant expressions, carrying weapons.