Author Topic: Gift Games  (Read 26931 times)

Offline Slider Eclipse

• Founder
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
Re: Gift Games
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2013, 06:05:45 PM »
Ciel got up from her crouching position, not fully sure what marcia ment by something else and grabbed her copy, making sure to read it carefully so she understands the exact conditions and what she has to do.

" interesting.. if not a little insane.." she commented before signing the scroll.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 06:15:17 PM by Slider Eclipse »
List of Note worthy Quotes

"I wouldn't just call the police, I would call the police." ~ Pokemon X boards
"It's not that Nintendo hates the rest of the world. It's that Nintendo will only sleep with one part of the world. The rest of the world and Nintendo are just friends." Pokemon X Boards

Offline EeveeandAbsol

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2013, 06:14:37 PM »
Xara looked at the paper, reading intently and thinking.

"We've got an advantage, Kid..." Xara gave it thought, glancing down at her left hand... Before signing the contract.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
  • ...Just being lazy as heck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2013, 08:10:43 PM »
Jun had pay attention to what's happening, didn't seem to react or defending someone. Instead as it happens right now, the red head read the contract of the game. Taking in the exact ruling within the contract and analyze the knife that they will be provided for game, then his left hand. After doing all of those things, he signs the contract in print.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 08:14:52 PM by Nask »

Offline Lione Tabuukilla Fortuna

• The King Group
  • Ello Dere
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction Profile!
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2013, 10:16:29 PM »
Benjamin paused, weighing the risk and rewards. He knew he was an expert in knife usage, his hand also one of the steadiest due to his marksmanship and sword fighting skills. However, he was cautious about signing the contract impulsively. Losing could mean having his music player taken away, or worse, one of his weapons. He then took the time to inspect the knife, ensuring it was not collapsable or a trick knife in anyway.

"I would first like to ask," he said after much thought, "If I were to hypothetically lose, what item specifically would you take from me? And also, is it possible to respectfully decline this challenge?"
All hail Suzumiya Haruhi-sama, the tsundere goddess! And all hail TvTropes, the evil and addicting site that it is! Join the Troper Army now! : D RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

I AM THE TROPE.

Offline Kimoto

• Tragedy's King
  • Administrator
  • The Ace Group
  • Broken Beyond Repair
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2013, 10:20:40 PM »
"If you lose I'll just take something fairly unimportant most likely! Like a sock! And if you don't wanna play, just hang back and watch the others." Marcia was happy since 3 people already signed to play.

As a side note, the knives were only long enough to hold all 52 Cards, and seemed to be slotted so the cards would get hooked on after stabbing through, but wouldn't come back off without ripping the card.

The Rabbit was getting ready for the game as well.

• The King Group
  • Ello Dere
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction Profile!
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2013, 10:29:26 PM »
Benjamin narrowed his eyes. Most likely, he realized, left a very small window for someone unexpected to happen. And judging by his adventures, the least likely always happened. However... A prize was on the line, and perhaps a way to recover his supplies would lie there.

After a few minutes of pondering, he decided that a small stab wound was well worth the risk. He readied his sword hand, as he could rely on his powers in a melee fight, for the possibility of having it stabbed. His gun hand twitched, ready for a smooth and controlled motion. He took one last look at the rules, confirming there was no rule against stabbing your hand right off the bat. Nodding, he signed his name on the contract, "Here goes nothing..."
All hail Suzumiya Haruhi-sama, the tsundere goddess! And all hail TvTropes, the evil and addicting site that it is! Join the Troper Army now! : D RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

I AM THE TROPE.

Offline Kimoto

• Tragedy's King
  • Administrator
  • The Ace Group
  • Broken Beyond Repair
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2013, 09:12:06 AM »
Marcia smiled as the scrolls disappeared from their hands, and instead a deck of 52 cards appeared in it's place, as she placed 4 knives on the table, one for each of them.

"Alright... All of you, get to picking up." As she said that, she lined up her own deck as well, preparing to stab into it.

Offline EeveeandAbsol

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2013, 09:56:23 AM »
"Don't show fear, Kid." Xara nodded, placing her hand down and the deck of cards in the right spot...

She inhaled lightly, though this really took all of 5 seconds in total in her mind time seemed to slow down a bit. She stared down intently at the knife and then the deck of cards, and without much thought, "..." 52 cards had been picked up correctly. Though blood was leaking out of her hand.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2013, 12:42:24 PM »
Jun place his hand down on the table and then the deck atop of it, which it is positioned slightly differently. As soon as he's done, the red head grab his knife and stab his deck through 52 cards, pickup is successful. Leaving a minor injury that's not on the back of hand, bleeding. The contract didn't specify location on the areas of the hand.

To be specific on the exact method, Jun had placed the deck on his fingers. Underneath the deck, he leaves a opening between his middle and ring fingers. Enough for the knife to go between them after pierce through the deck of cards and gave the table a tiny poke from the knife. Right now, the 52 deck of cards collectively picked up by provided knife and the knife's hook left a minor wound in the area between the middle finger and the ring finger. Along with a tear in the same area on his glove.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 02:42:15 PM by Nask »

• The King Group
  • Ello Dere
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction Profile!
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2013, 12:52:52 PM »
Ben realized there were always multiple ways of doing a task, and this was no exception. However, he understood what the game was supposed to be like, and thusly complied by putting the middle of the deck on his left hand, palm down.

His right hand grasped the knife, getting a feel for its weight and the amount of force it might take to stab through the cards. Pausing, he checked the knife, and upon realizing its length, saw that it would inflict on him a minor stab wound at worst, the best being nothing but a small break in the skin. With that, he plunged down the knife as if it was the neck of his foe, feeling a small amount of pain shoot through his hand. He sighed in relief as he checked all fifty two cards had been skewered, finding only a small cut that had little chance of bleeding, "Nothing but a scratch."

I AM THE TROPE.

Offline Slider Eclipse

• Founder
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2013, 03:01:10 PM »
Ciel took her dagger in hand and looked to her deck of cards. closing her eyes she stabbed.. and pulled up only 51, the 52nd had a hole in it, but wasn't caught on the dagger from her timidness.

"It's not that Nintendo hates the rest of the world. It's that Nintendo will only sleep with one part of the world. The rest of the world and Nintendo are just friends." Pokemon X Boards

Offline Kimoto

• Tragedy's King
  • Administrator
  • The Ace Group
  • Broken Beyond Repair
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2013, 03:22:27 PM »
Marcia smiled after watching them all, and smiled while lining up her cards... Before the Rabbit interrupted before she took her stab.

"Marcia..." He glared at her, as her smile seemed to freeze. In reality, the only way to win was to pick up more cards than her, which was impossible without tampering with her deck before she took her stab. By the rules of the Gift Games this was allowed and all, but was still considered a bit dirty.

"D-Don't glare at me like that..." She turned away, while stabbing down, sinking her knife deep into the cards... And once finished, she pulled up the knife, it revealed all 52 cards, and a stab hole in the back of her hand that was bleeding, as some skin was torn off that wasn't from it... Because it got stuck with the 52nd card.

"... Well. I win." The Geass Scroll appeared, showing the Host as the winner, As Marcia thought about what she wanted, before giving in to The Rabbit's piercing glare.

"H-Here... For being brave and playing, I'll give you the prizes anyway..." She muttered, as she held out a stack of green T-Shirts, that said 'Little Garden - Abnormal Alliance' on them, for each person to take from.

Offline Slider Eclipse

• Founder
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2013, 03:32:39 PM »
Ciel blinked in confusion. " huh, but we lost.." she said as the shirt fell on her head..  so far things were not anything like she expected.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2013, 03:42:43 PM »
Jun blinks at what just happen between the woman named Marcia and the Rabbit, despite the host won this game. Either way, he accepted the shirt. "...Abnormal Alliance?" The red head half-elf blankly recited the words on the shirt, this cause him to tilt his head. Staring at the shirt like it was a foreign object.

• The King Group
  • Ello Dere
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction Profile!
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2013, 04:19:19 PM »
Damn, Benjamin growled mentally, Should've seen that one coming... Note to self, pay more attention to the wording of these things and DO NOT take any bets unless wording is specific and clear. I can not afford to take chances.

He was a bit sore in how the prize wouldn't be a chance to recover his supplies (despite the fact he lost), which he knew he was going to need, that everyone here would eventually need. He also knew that she hadn't taken anything from them yet, which meant that the potential to lose something essential was still there. However, he was prepared to negotiate in the event something like that happened.

Taking another look at the T-shirt, he wondered what it meant, "Abnormal Alliance, huh?" He blinked before realizing that everyone had these shirts, meaning that there was a possibility they would have to travel together. While there were strength in numbers, that only went as far as when there were supplies... supplies they most definitely did not have. He silently hoped that there would be a place they could resupply soon... and also to get out of this damn cave.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 04:25:37 PM by Lione Tabuukilla Fortuna »

I AM THE TROPE.