Author Topic: Gift Games  (Read 26622 times)

Offline Kimoto

• Tragedy's King
  • Administrator
  • The Ace Group
  • Broken Beyond Repair
    • View Profile
Gift Games
« on: September 08, 2013, 12:21:46 AM »
Where ever they are, or at their homes waiting, those who are Gifted would receive a letter, addressed to Them, with a white envelop and red wax Seal, with their name on it...

Offline EeveeandAbsol

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
Re: Gift Games
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 12:37:26 AM »
Xara, the destined hero... It has been a few months since the battle to save all that was of the mortal world she knew, and the Gods that ruled them. Though without help her journey would've been an impossible task to complete, however, in her final moments when her life was on the line she had to pull through alone... And she did.

The young woman sighed though, it was not a sigh of grief though, but a sigh of joy. She felt happier, more confident; even able to take off her casts just a few days before having made a full recovery. But something was off... She glanced over at the coffee table, a letter with her name written on it, "What... Is this?" she picked it, having not seen this letter before. It looked very nice though, pure white envelope, an authentic wax seal, and her name hand written...

She did the obvious thing to do, she broke the seal, and read what was inside.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
  • ...Just being lazy as heck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 02:49:08 AM »
In another world, in another time. In a ruined world where her inhabitants suppressed by the empire ruled under the demonic king. Leaving those who remained to survive from day to day that's resulted of a system created by the empire. However, this isn't about this world... As this starts with a letter falling from the night sky..

Guided by the cool winds, it gently floats in the air. Until a gloved hand caught it. The owner is a boy with red hair and pointed ears, covered in a brown cloak. Golden eyes looks at the object blankly, ...A letter? He said, though his tone is wrong as it sounded empty. The boy looks around as his current location is what seem to be the topmost floor of a building, a ruined and abandoned one like the rest of this old, small town except those like him who are using it for the night.

There's no one there, even outside of the building where the rest of the ruined town and to the extent, the barren lands of the wilderness can be seen.

Looking back to the letter, he noticed that it was addressed to him. Jun Becote. ...Odd. He commented. Then the boy named Jun opens the envelope and reads the contents of the letter.

Offline Lione Tabuukilla Fortuna

• The King Group
  • Ello Dere
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction Profile!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 04:02:34 PM »
On a ruined Earth, in another timeline out of the many out there, a twenty year old man put out the final ashes of his fire in the plains as the sun began to set. Smoke during the night meant a signal for raiders and those who preyed on those in the night. As a precaution, he felt for his revolver on his left side, alongside the rapier sheathed on his right side. His headphones from home still hung around his neck, though his music player was off to conserve battery during the night.

Over the ruined landscape, a small streak of white catches his attention. With the reflexes of four years of fighting, he draws the revolver in a heartbeat. However, there is no combat to be found. Just a small, hovering piece of paper. Catching it with his bare  left hand, he looked at it with scrutiny, wondering if this was an elaborate trap.

Two minute passed by with nothing else happening, Benjamin Fermont, though he was better known as Ben to most people, holstered his gun, but remained cautious. Seeing as it was safe for the moment, he examined the paper further. What he thought was a simple sheet of paper ended up being an envelope, specifically addressed to him, his name written in fanciful handwriting. "...Possibility of something laced in the letter?" Pausing, he thought of the possibilities, "...unlikely. Getting one's hands on something like that in this world would mean that they've been into the cities. I'm at least four days out from the nearest city, and I didn't hear a car nearby. Reward outweighs probable risk."

Checking around one last time and finding it safe, Ben opened the envelope, breaking the rather ornately designed wax seal, and read the contents.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 04:05:38 PM by Lione Tabuukilla Fortuna »
All hail Suzumiya Haruhi-sama, the tsundere goddess! And all hail TvTropes, the evil and addicting site that it is! Join the Troper Army now! : D RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

I AM THE TROPE.

Offline Slider Eclipse

• Founder
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 01:01:04 AM »
in a pocket dimension between the hyperdimensions of Gamindusri, a young girl was relaxing in the hot springs with her sister. a flock of small fluffy bunny like creatures floating in the water with them. " Ahh, this feels so good! " Ciel said as she stretched  " We haven't had any problems in months. seems everything's Stabilized for a while" she continued as she turned in the water and rested her head on one of the creatures.  after a few moments of this she started to get drowzy from the warm waters and decides to get out. " i think i'm going to go do one final check on the dimensions and call it a night. good night sister.. " she said as she waved back to her sister as she played with the strange creatures. ' just where do those things keep coming from.. they aren't from gamindustri thats for sure ' she though to herself as she got dressed before noticing a letter in the bottom of the basket. in curiousness and a hope its from her father. she opened it. and began to read what was inside.
List of Note worthy Quotes

"I wouldn't just call the police, I would call the police." ~ Pokemon X boards
"It's not that Nintendo hates the rest of the world. It's that Nintendo will only sleep with one part of the world. The rest of the world and Nintendo are just friends." Pokemon X Boards

Offline Kimoto

• Tragedy's King
  • Administrator
  • The Ace Group
  • Broken Beyond Repair
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 03:23:35 PM »
The letter read as followed, no matter what language the holder may be able to read, they'd understand it.

Informing troubled guys and girls with special gifts:

If you so wish to test your gift,
give up your family, friends, fortune, and everything in the world,
and join us at our "Little Garden"

And as soon as they finished reading it... There was a flash, as they ended up in a Dark Cavern underground, lit very dimly.

Offline EeveeandAbsol

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 03:30:03 PM »
Xara read the letter slowly, but the ending... Was not what she anticipated.

When the light flashed , a second light pierced, as she quickly held her hand in front of her. "Terc... Do you know what's going on?" she asked outloud, summoning a magnificent blade in her hands, "I have no clue what the hell is going, but whatever it is, this "Little Garden" shit seems more serious than just a letter."

When all the light disappeared... It was all dark, "Be prepared, kid! Light up this room!" Xara nodded quickly, taking a defensive stance with her sword as it started to emit a bright light which lit up the dark cavern.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 04:01:57 PM »
As soon as Jun finished reading, his eyes got caught by the sudden flash of light . Causing him to raise his arm to try to avoid being blinded. When the light faded, that's when he noticed that he's in a cave of some sort as indicated by the dim lighting.

Golden eyes glanced for the moment, seem to be in deep thought. Under the cloak thought, he placed his gloved hand on a weapon for defensive measure in case of danger. It is fortunate for him that he still have it with him.

That's when a bright light is emitted behind him, causing the boy to turn around to see the source of the light. A woman that seem to be older than him, wielding a sword, which it is seem to be the source of light, defensively. His senses indicate that there's other people in the same cavern as he is, although Jun kept his attention on the woman. Putting the red-head in a alert stance, not going to attack unless he's attacked by the woman or any others.

• The King Group
  • Ello Dere
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction Profile!
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 04:07:43 PM »
"Garden, huh?" Benjamin had a small grin on his face as he read it, just about finishing the letter, "Well, it couldn't hurt to see some nature, I suppose. But Gift...? Then again my power is fairly common around these parts. And it's not like I've got much to lose at this point. Let me just grab my stuff-!"

Before he could reach for his lighter, the world went white. He felt as if he was being tossed through the air, as the reality he knew around him crumbled and shimmered away.

Half a second later he felt himself hitting the ground, breaking into a roll. He hissed in pain as his heel slammed into a jagged wall, and while it inflicted little actual damage, it still hurt. Getting up, he started walking, ignoring the pain, "Sure is dark around here... Stupid thing warped me without my lighter..."

He kept to the walls, using his rapier's sheath as a walking stick to tell where he was going, "Alright... let's find a way out of here. Hey... is that a light? Best to keep quiet... wouldn't want to alert them to my presence at the moment. Unknown if hostile or not..."
All hail Suzumiya Haruhi-sama, the tsundere goddess! And all hail TvTropes, the evil and addicting site that it is! Join the Troper Army now! : D RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

I AM THE TROPE.

Offline Akuma Killer

• The Ace Group
  • Zarathustra
    • View Profile
    • My Beast's Lair Account! :D
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 12:19:44 AM »
Entering my house, I sat down on my couch.
My shipment of pins have arrive today... I really don't consider myself a fashionable person, but I like to collect these pins.
It seems to be all over everyone these days. But me? I pretty much stay in my own world, listening to music. Looking at my pins, I slip my headphones on.
But a letter...? I open it.
As soon as I was done reading it... A flash happened and I was in a dimly-lit cavern.
"Huh...?"
I think to myself... Right now, I'm in a random cavern after reading that weird letter.
Checking my pockets... I have all my pins.
"Huh...?"
Oh well, no time to question myself. Feeling the wall... I walk forward, while putting my hands on the wall.
Just need to find the exit...

Offline Slider Eclipse

• Founder
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2013, 02:18:37 AM »
" little Garden?" Ciel questioned just before the light enveloped her.  she looked around the cavern in a daze for a few moments before smiling slightly. " i always thought this place was a fairy tail.. but to think its real..." she said in awe, realising what most likely happened, she then took notice of the others in the distance and hid behind a corner, waiting for whoever summoned them here... though to be honest its more due to her shy nature. what with her lack of a social life and all.
List of Note worthy Quotes

"I wouldn't just call the police, I would call the police." ~ Pokemon X boards
"It's not that Nintendo hates the rest of the world. It's that Nintendo will only sleep with one part of the world. The rest of the world and Nintendo are just friends." Pokemon X Boards

Offline Kimoto

• Tragedy's King
  • Administrator
  • The Ace Group
  • Broken Beyond Repair
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2013, 02:29:52 AM »
At the middle of the cavern, in between all the groups, a young boy, who could be no older than 14, was ringing a bell, as the cavern lit up, showing that it wasn't really all that large.

The boy himself wore a black vest and pants, a red dress shirt and white tie. His hair was short and red... And had two red rabbit ears on the top, matching a tail he had poking through below. His eyes were a distinct shade of orange, as he waited for everyone to come to the bell, which gave the mall a strange... Compulsion to follow the sound.

Offline EeveeandAbsol

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2013, 09:08:39 AM »
Xara cautiously followed the bell, her light dimming as the cavern lit up, "Whoever they-..." as she made her way through the less than big cave, she took notice of the little boy. "It's... Just a boy?" she questioned, heaving the blade up and holding it on her shoulder.

She's seen weirder, and she didn't like to offend, but she had to ask... "Excuse me, little boy... Where am I... ?" she had came up to him, not taking notice of any others who might've also come.

• The King Group
  • Ello Dere
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction Profile!
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2013, 01:02:10 PM »
Benjamin froze as he heard a bell ringing, drawing his revolver. Nothing happened, but he remained cautious as he continued his walk through the cave. The light he had seen before had long vanished, since he had tried to keep his distance from said light.

At this point he was growling, the pain in his leg starting to settle in, reducing him to a limp. "For the love of all hell," he sighed to himself, "What I'd do for a flashlight at this point..." He turned the corner in the sprawling cave system, noticing that the further he went, the louder the bell seemed to ring and the more it 'called out' to him. Soon enough, he found the light from before nearby the source of the ringing. He couldn't make out the details of the figures in the light at this point, but could at the very least see their outlines.

Ben kept silent, getting in close, his black jacket allowing him to blend in. He took a deep breath before stepping out into the light, his focus on the strange boy that stood, ringing a bell, which drew to it all of his attention, "...What in the blue blazes are you...?"
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 01:46:27 PM by Lione Tabuukilla Fortuna »

I AM THE TROPE.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2013, 01:04:47 PM »
Jun felt the compulsion and follows the sound of the bell with seemly no resistance on his part. Follow to the source that the other girl is heading to as well, yet he kept his hand on his weapon to maintain caution. Even when the light is replaced by another light that lit up within this cavern.

It didn't take too long when he saw a rabbit-eared boy, which didn't surprise him much on seeing such a unusual feature. The girl is there as well, which Jun can hear the girl's question that he would've ask as he walk up to them.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 01:14:12 PM by Nask »