Author Topic: Magical Guardians: A GA RP  (Read 38412 times)

Offline LinkFTW

• Global Moderator
  • The Queen Group
    • View Profile
Magical Guardians: A GA RP
« on: July 30, 2013, 01:19:43 AM »
Somewhere in Smashville
Midnight

As cliched as it was, midnight was always a time where he felt he was at his most powerful. Even now, at his weakest, he could vaguely sense the ebb and flow of the world around him. He had waited thousands of years to begin the ritual and tonight was the night. Tonight was when he would at last begin the process to reunite the 40 wandering souls and sacrifice them to Subspace. Through that ritual, he would gain power over the universe itself. Then no one, not even Master Hand himself, could stand in his way.

But there was a problem. With his dying breath, Master Hand had sent the souls of the Smashers off to another world, to inhabit humans to await the day when his power would wane. That would be the day they would awaken within their Guardians.

The Guardians, as they were called, would be made aware of the Smashers within them very soon. Had they been merely aware of the Smashers, it would have been ridiculously easy for him to destroy the Guardians and forcefully rip the Smashers from them. But, once awakened, the Guardians would gain the powers of the Smashers once wielded. That is, they would become powerful enough to fend him and his Subspace Army off, especially in this weakened state.

Luckily, he had managed to track down three Guardians who had not yet awakened: a young man, whose enormous appetite and warrior's spirit could only mark him as the Guardian of Ike, a young woman whose fiery spirit and shining youth marked her as the Guardian of Roy, and, finally, a young man whose noble heart and gentle spirit could only make him the Guardian of Marth.

There were other tell-tale signs too, but he didn't feel like going into it too much. What mattered now was the task at hand. He had to start silencing a couple of voices and fast. Before undue attention was drawn to him.

He picked up three differently colored eye-patches.

Offline JBcristal

• The Ace Group
  • (Certified Potato)
    • View Profile
Re: Magical Guardians: A GA RP
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 02:36:28 AM »
A huge yawn echoed in the walls of the temple. A young man was waiting for his superior to give him his orders, completely prepared to carry on his task. For that was the day in which he would be given a test, a test that could decide his whole future and-
“Anthony, are you monologing again?” The young men jumped from the chair in surprise, not having noticed the old man enter the room.
“One of those days, grandpa, you are going to give me a heart attack…” Anthony said, now standing. “And how the hell are you so sneaky, anyway!? The museum is so quiet that I still don’t get how you can be such a ninja!”

It was a nice morning in Smashville, the orange tint of the sun still reflected in the polished walls of the old, restored temple turned museum. Said place was an awe inspiring construction made of such a pristine white color that it looked like something out of this world. The building they were currently in wasn’t really big, but the impressive thing about the temple was the fact that it wasn’t simply a few separate buildings that were able to survive the passing of time. The place was such a vast structure that it made one think it may have housed a big amount of people in its age.

“Why, that’s a secret I’ll pass down when it’s the correct time. After all, you’ll have to earn Palutena’s recognition first.
“Bah… Palutena this, Palutena that…” Anthony started sulking. “Isn’t she just the temple’s make-believe god, anyway? What’s so special about her, anyway?”

...h.y...

“She’s not just the goddess of this place. She is the goddess of light, holding a beacon of hope for all mortals in need in our realm, always ready to send her forces to battle evil, and-“
“Grandpa, you’ve told me that story tons of times already.” The younger man interrupted “You used to tell me stories about how “her champion” came from the heavens to aid those in help, and yadda yadda yadda. But I think it’s about time you stop telling me fairy tales and act a bit more serious with me. I’m almost legally an adult, for god’s sake!”

...th..e..re...t...

“And weren’t we supposed to be closed? I could swear I’m hearing someone talking…”
“Why,” Anthony’s grandfather guessed “Maybe it’s the voice of Palutena herself, and she found you fit to be her champion!” …and the scoffed “And yet, I doubt it. You still act too much like a brat. Hehehe…”
Anthony groaned “Anyway, about that test?”
“Well, I’m not so sure if you are ready for it” They walked out of the building, and the proceeded through a wide stone walkway. “After all, for your test you will have to touch bow of the goddess. As you know, it can’t be touched by those that have an impure heart. That way, we can know who to trust.”
“…why are you telling me something I know already, anyway…” He mumbled, knowing his grandpa has a certain knack for… let’s say, “Exposition”. Both in the talking and the showcasing way, that is. After all, even at his advanced age he was still the one in charge of the museum, which had somehow stayed as his family’s unofficial “property” for generations.

...alu...is...od...ert...

“And we are here.” They went into the biggest building, the one at the end of the main road. It was the main temple, a place with three doors placed facing the entrance. The one in the middle, however, has some stairs leading to them. And yet, both the left and center doors were closed. The only one available was the one to the right. “Let’s go. It will be time to open soon, so we must make haste.”
“Sure, sure…”

It was a room with even more doors, yet again three. However, this time all three were closed, but one of them had something special: There was some kind of altar with a white cloth on top. And, laying on it, with not a single speck of dust was some kind of… bow. Of course, any person that was used to the tools would have said immediately that there was no way an arrow could be shot from there. There was no string nor a place to attach it to and, of course, it was a rigid form with no elasticity. As a matter of fact, it looked like the golden and blue “bow” was more like two sword attached together.

...a...it...luten...ow...

“Well.” The old man lightly pushed Anthony forward. “Go ahead. Touch it.”
“For the love of- grandpa, this is really stupid. How can you expect something to happen?”
“Well, weren’t you the one that used to trust blindly when he was younger? What happened to that kid, Anthony?”
“He grew up! He got tired of all this… legends of savior kids, of myths and monsters, of the uprising of the gods or whatever! I… I just…” He looked hurt. “…I miss grandma, you know.”
“She lead a fulfilling life, and died peacefully of old age. I didn’t expect her to pass away before me, but she had no regrets, young man. And neither should you”

“Fine. I’ll touch it.” Anthony sighed “It’s just a piece of metal, anyway. It’s not like there’s-”

He touched the sword. And there was a flash of light. A really bright flash of light.
Look, I'm not saying it's gay. It's just oddly specific, you know? Like... really, really awkwardly specific.

"Spoilers don't just spoil the plot, they spoil the pacing, as you get stuck waiting for an event you foreknow, and miss things as a result." - Pat Holleman

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
  • ...Just being lazy as heck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 04:26:52 AM »
Worlds away from the events going on in Smashville... Take the focus away from one world to another world. A world that's simply known as Earth, or to be exact a island that is hundred miles off coast from the mainland of a continent known as Europe....

...Or to be very exact, a city on a island called Smashington. And like the world prior, it is morning for the people who lived on that island...

-

A sound of music can be heard faintly in one room of the apartment in the light of morning. The sound consists of a jazz in a slow rhythm, which the way it is played to give the atmosphere of home a tranquil feeling. Usually a morning person would expect something loud or upbeat coming out of the radio or the internet like the trends going on these days, but not to the occupant as music with instruments like the song's are fine to this person's ears.

...Despite that song comes from a laptop hooked to the internet, it is what set this particular atmosphere that he likes. Still a man work tediously work through his daily morning ritual, starting off with the preparation of breakfast, though kept light for the coming day and turned a television on for the news...

Offline Kimoto

• Tragedy's King
  • Administrator
  • The Ace Group
  • Broken Beyond Repair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 05:09:38 AM »
"... Shut up..." A young girl muttered, somewhere in Smashington. Near her there was a loud noise, similar to a buzzer, coming from a simple clock... Which was effectively thrown out the window.

Soon the only noise coming from the Apartment of this Girl was that of someone shifting around under a blanket, refusing to wake up.

Offline EeveeandAbsol

• 18+
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 10:38:19 AM »
In his own room, the doll make was busy at work...

His own work that is.

Taylor had been sewing up a doll all morning, he was on the last of the stitches until he finally would have it done. A perfect pink bunny plushie, adorable as can be would be his soon... "Perfect~"

------

As for another morning ritual in Smashington... A lovely couple was strolling down the street, their hands held together with smiles on their faces, they laughed as they told each other stories until they arrived at their destination. But a small pub that the couple owns.

Click, the doors opened. "And then I said-" the man suddenly stopped mid sentence as he flicked the lights on, gazing into the pub  to see that one customer was still there... "Damn it, TAK! Get out of here, you better not have been drinking!" he looked over to the counter to see that there was money on it, prepaid. "Oh shush up, Gill..." the one named "Tak" blurted out, "I only drank a little." the blonde woman with nearly glowing blue tribal tattoos thrusted her head up to face the, flushed.

"Every month you do this, you do enough jobs to get money, break in here, and spend it all on booze! The booze our real customers want!" Gill grabbed Tak by the arm and pulled her out of the seat, "H-hey!" "You're not welcome here unless it's business hours and you're not piss drunk, you hear?!" dragging the woman out as she giggled, he threw her out into the street and slammed the door shut.

"Ugh... Totally worth it..." she forced herself up, dirtied from being tossed to the ground. Before she drunkenly stumbled away from the pub, bare footed.

The Element Commander

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 12:58:10 PM »
At the far end of Smashington, a young teenager was skipping stones under a wooden bridge. The bank of the river was quiet as it lazily flowed along. With the many small rocks by the banks, it made for lots of fun.

He picked up another stone and threw it at the water's surface, making it skip one... twice... thrice... quartice... quintice... hextice... I'm probably just making up words by now. The relatively calm breeze that blew through his hair was quite comforting. And he enjoyed it.

Pretty good way to start the day.

Offline JBcristal

• The Ace Group
  • (Certified Potato)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 01:18:48 PM »
"So." A young man is standing on top of a building, sitting in the edge of it. He's, apparently, talking to himself. "So, I guess this place isn't that different from home, eh."
"Yes, I expected something more... alien, you know. This is simply like going to a different country..."

“Okay, yeah, maybe it’s a bit more advanced than back home, I suppose. But it’s not that mu- Ah, achachachachaaaaa-!” The man starts clutching his head. “Okay, okay, I get it, I get it! No more messing around, there is work to do!”
The sound of wings flapping. There is now no one around.
Look, I'm not saying it's gay. It's just oddly specific, you know? Like... really, really awkwardly specific.

"Spoilers don't just spoil the plot, they spoil the pacing, as you get stuck waiting for an event you foreknow, and miss things as a result." - Pat Holleman

JackMcDack

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 03:04:11 PM »
Mark was up-and had been up for a while. Early to rise, early to bed, makes a man healthy, but socially dead. Ah well, he gets enough social interaction at Smashington's indoor pool. For right now he was going through his usual morning routine; brush teeth, have shower, do some pushups and situps, eat horrible-tasting crap that's supposedly healthy for you, and head out the door. He left his Hoodie's hood down today-it wasn't too cold this late in Winter. With nothing else to do as he walked, he began whistling a tune.

---

While most days were beginning, Sandra's, who just had to pull an all-nighter looking after a baby whose parents had to stay at work late, was about to end, at least for now. She rubbed her eyes as she took off her shirt and jeans and plopped down into her bed. She looked up slightly to see if her cell phone was there before rolling herself into her blankets and falling asleep. She wasn't worried about missing a client; her cell phone ring always got her up, and if they went straight to the door the doorbell was loud and obnoxious enough to wake her.

Offline Slider Eclipse

• Founder
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 04:37:32 PM »
Meanwhile up on Mount Smash..

Airlia was Busy Mountain Climbing.  a smile on her face as she wiped the sweat off her tanned forehead. she always felt refreshed when she was out like this, nothing but her own skills and nature around her. after taking a swig of water from her canteen she continued her accent, a tune humming out of her lips as she reaches the lip of a recently found crevice.  rumor has it that the crevice was the crash site of a meteor that crash landed on the mountain a few years back. she mused at this fact as she searched her backpack for her flashlight. afterall it was the rumor that brought her here in the 1st place, might as well check thoroughly.. besides, even if she didn't find anything.. the adventure alone was more than worth it....

=====================================================================================================

Luciel was bored that much was for certain.. ' why can't they make school more exciting.. all it ever is is books books books and more books.. ' she thought to herself as she sat there.. all she wanted was to go back and play games at home.. she began to groan before a loud boom startled her.. and the rest of the class as the windows shuttered from the sound. ' pika pika pikachu ' she heard in her thoughts... ' great.. now i'm bored enough i'm hearing pokemon in my head.. '

======================================================================================================

A Few Moments Earlier, Mount Smash Crevice.

Airlia was deep into the crevice, her flash lights green glow  lighting up the darkness. she had been searching for nearly an hour already and she hasn't found a thing. " well, guess the rumors were false after all.. i should probably get back before it gets dar-" she began to say to herself as she turned to head back.. only to catch a glimmer of light in various colors from the corner of her eye..  as she checked the source she found a small well hidden cavern, and after wedging herself through the cracks ( she was never more grateful for her flatness) she found a large intricate chamber, clearly someone had carved this out beforehand.. how did she know? well.. the giant rock sitting on a makeshift pedestal glowing in every color imaginable was a fairly large hint.. she reached out to touch the rock, wondering what was making it glow.. and suddenly it exploded in light and sound.. a sonic boom of colors blasting out of it from her hand and out the caverns entrance, flooding the crevice with light for several seconds.. it soon died down and she regained her sight only to notice all color had been drained from the rock.. " well that was weird..." she said in a stupor.. " you're telling me.. though i'd say it was way past cool myself. " said a male voice in her thoughts.. " wha-what?" she said.. unable to process what just happened.. was someone talking to her with telekinesis?!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 05:03:23 PM by Slider Eclipse »
List of Note worthy Quotes

"I wouldn't just call the police, I would call the police." ~ Pokemon X boards
"It's not that Nintendo hates the rest of the world. It's that Nintendo will only sleep with one part of the world. The rest of the world and Nintendo are just friends." Pokemon X Boards

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 05:04:44 PM »
In a local cafe, a woman (though to the eyes of others, a young man with boyish looks) is seen sitting at the table outside, who seem like enjoying her coffee and scones. Yet her thoughts is elsewhere...

"These dreams are starting to become more frequent..." She sigh as she had written down the recent parts of her dream into what it is dubbed as a dream journal earlier. Yet there's nothing new in these dreams. Just Forty-Three flames of various colors lits up in the middle of the growing dark, some become brighter than others. Three seem to have a black tint to it. At least according to her dream...

Still, details will come to her as these dreams started out as one or two details before it becomes clearer. She glanced to the side, taking in the scenery and the cool air, before taking a sip of her coffee. "...At least I admit this place is nice to live in." Especially the view of the island's mountain, Mount Smash, is amazing at the light of dawn.

And her eyes noticed something for the moment. That moment where she noticed there's a rainbow flash of lights bursting out of the peak of the mountain. The lights seem to spread out and goes elsewhere...

And one of the lights, are heading straight for her! She braced herself for impact instinctively...

---

Once the man finished his routine in his home, he then leave the apartment in clothes suited for casual setting, yet for work. He glanced up to see a rain of lights coming from the direction where Mount Smash lay. It made it seem like there's a meteor shower in daylight.

He commented, "Well. That's something you don't see everyday." Then he continue onward, not want to have this rare occurrence to made him late for work as he gave a indication to speed up his walking.

Unknowing to the walking man... Another light enters him.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 05:12:28 PM by Nask »

JackMcDack

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 07:26:35 PM »
Mark had arrived at the pool to find that he had arrived an hour early-as usual. He walked to his locker and changed, jumping into the deep end of the pool and just floating for a bit. He didn't mind being a lifeguard, but when no one is ever in trouble you never really get to swim, so he liked coming early and swimming for a bit.

When he was bored of just floating, he began doing laps, but there was something odd that he noticed while doing so. When he began getting tired and slowed down, he started hearing shouts of encouragement to keep him going. The odd thing was that it wasn't his voice; it was a woman's voice. I mean, it worked and it kept him going for much longer than usual, but it was still odd.

"Maybe I'm lonelier than I thought..." He mused out loud as he stepped out and dried off. He stored the thought in the back of his mind, though; the others would be here to open soon.

---

Sandra...was having a weird dream.

Well, first there was the fact that she was aware of what she was doing. She had never lucid dreamed before. The second thing that made it odd was the dream itself; it seemed like she had become some sort of space-badass, killing weird alien things with a handblaster that she swore she had seen before...Megaman? No, his was blue...ah well, whatever it was, it was awesome. The third thing that was weird was that she was actually good at the job, even though she had never done anything remotely close to this before. Seriously, the closest she ever got to something like this was when she shot Trap for her High School, and even then she wasn't that great. She wasn't even sure she was herself until she took the suit off and saw herself in a red swimsuit or something. Needless to say she was quite confused.

The Element Commander

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 08:16:04 PM »
"Woo! Lights!" the teenager whooped, staring at the multitude of lights that suddenly streaked across the sky for no apparent reason. He picked up another stone and skipped it, counting each time it skipped, his eyes following its path. "One... two... three... four... five... six... seven... eight... nine!" he counted, laughing. When he finally looked up, he saw one of the lights in the sky come flying straight at him! He yelled in surprise, losing his balance and falling backwards suddenly. He closed his eyes, for the light was getting brighter and brighter...

But when he finally opened his eyes, the lights were gone. He didn't feel any different, either, so it couldn't have been some UFO or anything. He stood up, brushing himself off. "Man, Marcus." he said to himself, "You see the weirdest things sometimes. At some point, people are going to think you're crazy!"

"I already think you're crazy." a male voice suddenly said inside his head.

Marcus tumbled backwards in surprise... again.

Offline Kimoto

• Tragedy's King
  • Administrator
  • The Ace Group
  • Broken Beyond Repair
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 09:09:53 PM »
The girl woke up and looked around blankly, having missed the light show... And one heading for her house before she woke up.

"... I need food." She muttered, as she could hear something similiar to someone talking... But completely ignored it.

Offline Nask

• Distant Observer
  • Global Moderator
  • The Ace Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2013, 09:43:16 PM »
The light became so bright that she had to close her eyes with a mental prayer of not able to meet her younger siblings again. Waiting for whatever happen next... Only nothing. Unaware that the light had enter through her.

There is something that she felt, just no feeling of impact or a sense of oblivion for whatever feeling for a dead person is. Instead there is a faint feeling from within, as if something woke up from a long, deep sleep. She lower her arms and open her amber eyes, only to notice something glowing on the back of her right hand and she raise it up to give a better look at it. A marking of three triangles to form a larger triangle, with the section of the lower left triangle glowing while the other two is simply dimmed. The glowing last a few moments until it faded, leaving behind a faint mark of the triangle set from before.

"...The Triforce of Wisdom..." The woman murmured as she easily recognized the symbol with wide eyes. A sense of confusion had shown. "How...?"

Then a female voice is heard, which cause the black cap woman to quickly turn her neck to find the source of where the voice is coming from. Only no one is there except people who didn't look like they are talking to her. More confusion had shown on her face as she realized it comes from her own head...

-

For the moment there, the man heard someone with a deep male voice grumbling. First he ignores it since it wasn't directed to him. Then the voice spoke up angrily, which he respond automatically. "Do you have a problem sir?" He noticed that there's no one there to greet him. He wrote that off as a sign of stress or a strong need for work since New Years is a busy time for business...

Especially when people get drunk on that night and get the mother of all hangovers in the next day. So he continue onwards, mentally responding to the voice complaints as if listening to a angry customer that may be a sign of him working too hard... or anxieties of returning to college later this month.

"...At least, it is good practice for those kinds of people." He mutters, which it is the only thing he said by the time he reached his destination. Which it is his job that involved working in a retailer store... Part-time though.

Offline LinkFTW

• Global Moderator
  • The Queen Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2013, 01:14:12 AM »
At the Shores of Windfall Lake
4:00 AM

He watched the body of the young man submerge into the icy water, the single eye not covered by the eye patch flashing in between jet black and deep blue. By now, the powerful magic imbued into the patch should be running its course. Soon enough, just like the others, the Guardian would fall under his command. And the voice that should have spoken up, would be silenced.

"Master," a voice spoke. It belonged to the young woman. He turned around and glowered into her emotionless gray eyes. "I am ready."

"Of course you are," he said pointedly. "You best be, or your master would be displeased." before she could answer, he waved his hand and opened a portal before her.

"... I am grateful for this chance to prove myself, Master Tabuu," she said quietly as she stepped towards it.

He scoffed. "Don't you dare fail me, child. Your mission is simple enough: kill the Guardians. But know that you must first find their weakness. Torture them if you must. Use any means necessary to achieve our ends." he narrowed his eyes at her. "Do you understand, Nenya?"

She nodded. "Of course, Master."

"Good," he turned back to the young man, who was emerging from the water. "You should do for now. Naryin and Vilyon are not yet prepared." he touched her cheek. She didn't flinch. "You are my little Aquarius... sweetest of them all. Now go."

=~=~=~=~=~=

Outside Smashington
10:00 AM

Nenya emerged from the portal and looked around. She seemed to be in front of a library of some kind. Looking around, she saw various people walking about. Luckily, her eye patch was invisible at the moment or she would get weird looks. For now, it was play the part of the lost girl.

"Umm... help...?"