Fanfiction Underground!

Role Play => RP's => Topic started by: Kimoto on December 27, 2013, 08:25:25 PM

Title: Awakening Redux
Post by: Kimoto on December 27, 2013, 08:25:25 PM
A woman stared as her hair wavered in the wind.

"I'll be ready soon..." She muttered towards a shadowed figure, as she walked away. "So be patient... As I get rid of those who could thwart you." Her smile unnerved normal people, as she kept walking, to find her first target. The search wouldn't be easy but...

"The things I do..." The woman pulled her gloves on tight, ready to take out perfectly normal people just to meet a goal.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: TomJackal on December 27, 2013, 09:20:25 PM
While the mystery woman searched for her target, a young man wandered through the market with his own agenda. He had a list in his hand and a blade sheathed at his waist. It wasn't exactly commonplace for a boy of 15 to wander about with a weapon, but it could prove dangerous to walk about unarmed.
"OK... Dad said we needed fruit. So I need to find a fruit vendor..." he muttered, glancing at the stalls around him.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Slider Eclipse on December 27, 2013, 09:37:47 PM
meanwhile a young lady in blue hid behind a near by vendor, a large iron lance and a healing staff slung on her back as she peeked around teh corner to watch the man as he looked at his list. wanting to surprise him she used her quick feet to sneak into a group of students around her age from the near by academy.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Nask on December 27, 2013, 10:37:39 PM
Elsewhere. On the grassy field of a park near the academy campus, there's a blond hair teen whose bangs practically covers his eyes. He seem to be resting under the shadow of the tree, his headphones are down yet music comes out of the devices. A axe lay within arms reach, while there's a staff next to it. He seem to be napping due to today's weather as the conditions is perfect for a nap.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: PitFTW on December 27, 2013, 11:42:41 PM
And, in a classroom on a university campus, two students were listening to a lecture. Well, one was listening, since his parents had long ago instilled in him the idea that it was important to respect and listen to his senses. His teachers would lead him on the path of enlightenment and therefore an honorable and fruitful life. He sat quietly and listened, taking many notes, not minding that a large amount of ink splattered the side of his hand.

The other student, a girl, was trying to stay awake, but ended up falling asleep because of the sheer amount of daydreaming she had been doing. But could she really help it? This class was incredibly boring and the professor's dry voice was like a lullaby. Her knapsack acted like a pillow as she laid down and began to drift off, unnoticed by the students around her.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Sam Altaris Leonhart on December 28, 2013, 09:27:53 PM
A few rows infront of the sleeping girl, a blue-haired boy was desperately trying to stay awake. This class wasn't big to him, but him mom said it was important. But his eyes were drooping, his head was heavy, and his fantastic dreams were calling him in.
---
Outside the main building, an older student, holding a wooden practice sword, was getting lectured by one of the deans.
"Are you ever going to smarten up, and stop bringing weapons onto the campus?!" The dean yells at the disinterested student.
"Sorry that I practice in the gym everyday," he said, turning to go. "I need to go now, so see ya." He runs off, gaining a lead on the dean, who hesitates before he runs after the student.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: LinkFTW on December 31, 2013, 02:28:19 AM
"And that concludes our lecture for today," the professor said, finishing up the last equation on the board. The young Cho'sin boy finished up his neat, immaculate notes with a satisfied smile before he began to pack up, dreaming of the cup of tea he was definitely going to have back in his dorm. He lived in a single, since he requested it, and certainly looked forward to reading a nice book or meditating with the free time he had. Still, though, he couldn't help but allow a small smile as the roar of a motorcycle sounded outside. Ah, his friend was here, but he was not going to "hang" today. He had too much work to do.

Lance Honda, as he was called, thanked the professor with a bow as he passed. He then walked out, ignoring the stares he got from his peers. Honestly, it had been months already, and they weren't used to his traditional Cho'sin clothing? Sometimes, he wondered why he had chosen to venture out into the world when everything he ever needed was at home with his parents. He passed a sleeping girl on his way out, waking her with a gentle nudge.
--

Lin Mei fell out of her seat, hitting her head on the desk and scattering her books and papers everywhere. What? Class was over? Thank god! She began hastily gathering up her papers, desperate to make it back to her dorm and then run out for a cup of coffee. God, she needed coffee...

--

As the student wielding a wooden practice sword ran, a young delinquent looked up from where he was enjoying a cigarette. Interested green eyes flashed behind a pair of sunglasses as he got up from his position of leaning against his motorcycle. Lance was probably being a nerd today as usual, so he might as well have some fun. Grinning a bit maniacally, he hopped on his motorcycle and started the engine before rocketing off towards the running student.

"Hop on," he said, his face completely neutral when he was level with the running student. That dean looked pretty damn pissed at the moment, and as much as he enjoyed watching the old man scream and yell, it was more fun to watch him scream and yell while one of his students was snatched from right under his nose.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Nask on December 31, 2013, 02:47:59 AM
On the same college campus, particularly the dorms. There is a blue head student with glasses making his way to the dorm. His class recently ended due to the lecture finished early today, though not much difference since it's only a couple minutes of difference between early finish and the standard finish.

To Marcel Janvier, it means a slight early head start to start his free time until the time for next class. Things to do especially for recreations like finishing reading his novel and some lunch for his lonesome. Perhaps listening to some tidbits here and there like some of the things he heard from that one Cho'sin student. Minor things mind you since he haven't heard what is considered to be a concern to him.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Kimoto on December 31, 2013, 06:37:44 AM

"... Found..." The women trailed off, after having found her first target at the Market Place. Unfortunately he was armed...

"... I do have permission to use them but..." She kept talking to herself, sitting at a table at a convenient stand, eating a snack, while her hair swayed from the wind.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Sam Altaris Leonhart on December 31, 2013, 10:27:51 AM
Barrick looked over at the kid on the bike. Shrugging as he ran, he put a foot on the exhaust of the bike and hopped on the speeding bike. "Thanks for the lift, dude."
---
Alexander walked out of the campus to see Barrick hopping onto a motorcycle. He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Of course," he muttered. Completely ignoring his cousin's antic, he headed off towards the Marketplace, needing to grab some food before going to the apartment.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: TomJackal on December 31, 2013, 10:32:29 AM
Eventually the young man found the fruit stand. He had yet to notice the woman, but he did spot the young girl with the lance and the staff. He pretended not to as he purchased a large bag of apples. Carrying the sack, he glanced down at the list. "OK... Now I need to get books... They don't have stands out here, so I need to head to the specialty shops... Off we go then." Without another word to himself, he ventured deeper into the shopping district for a book shop.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: LinkFTW on December 31, 2013, 04:03:14 PM
"No problem," the green-haired male replied, revving up and accelerating forward, leaving the dean in a trail of dust and a ridiculous amount of exhaust. "I enjoy annoying the old coot as much as the next person. 'course..." he suddenly shot towards a pair of old ladies walking across the street, only to serve just at the right moment and go down another street. "That's always fun to. My name's... Lance." like Hell he was gonna give away his real name. Why is it that his Cho'sin buddy had a better name than him? "Yours?"

--

Lance found himself walking towards the commons area and not the dorms. How strange. Perhaps the wind was telling him to go meditate out there or something. Looking up, he caught sight of one of his fellow students, Marcel Janvier. Hm. Perhaps he was to go talk to him? Well, whatever it was he needed to do, he hoped he got an idea soon. No one liked the awkward Cho'sin staring at them, according to his friend Quinn.

--

"Alex, Alex! Wait up!" Lin shouted as she ran out of the classroom. She had missed over half the lecture and needed someone to give her notes.... again. "I really need a favor done! Pleeeeeease!"
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Nask on December 31, 2013, 11:15:23 PM
Once Marcel drops his things in his dorm room, which he's the only occupant there, he then picks up things for his next classes and his lunch that he prepared. Not exactly in the mood to visit the cafeteria today, despite how good their cooking are for the college campus. The lunch simply consist of just water bottle and a sandwich in a Ziploc bag. Small, simple, and clean. Also, he picks up one of his books...

"...Couldn't wait to finish it." Marcel said with a smile, glance at the title of the book. Then he goes to leave his room with his stuff, Planning to spend his free time in the Commons Area. Which he goes to sat down in a chair and open up his book. His lunch on the table next to him, waiting to be used.

That's when Lance noticed him as Marcel began reading his novel. Which he did not notice the Cho'sin enter the room.

-

The blond sleeping boy woke up from his nap, yawning. "Ah. That is a great nap." He stretched his arms and glance toward to the sun, using his hand to avoid himself being blinded. "Huh. A hour have pass since I was sleeping." He gets up and pats his clothes before picks up his staff and ax. Now what to do? He could get himself something to eat, something fast preferably.

With that thought in mind, the blond heads out of the park and go find something to eat from a fast food joint. Hot dogs sounds good for lunch.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Sam Altaris Leonhart on January 01, 2014, 02:44:20 PM
Barrick smirked. "Nice hesitation, 'Lance'." He looked around, and patted 'Lance' on the shoulder. "My apartment's near here. You can drop me off."

---

Alexander stopped, and rummaged through his pack. "Just today's, or yesterday's as well?" he asked, already knowing the favor.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Slider Eclipse on January 01, 2014, 05:06:00 PM
The young girl heard him and fumbled around for her map. a few moments later she giggled as it was returned to her sachel and she ran off to the nearest bookstore. hoping to surprise him when he walks inside.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: LinkFTW on January 01, 2014, 07:43:35 PM
Quinn rolled his eyes behind his glasses, but kept his expression forcibly neutral. Dammit, why couldn't this kid just be dumb like most people? Oh well, it's not like they were going to meet again. He stepped on the brakes as they neared a random building, the bike humming underneath him as he made the head gesture that universally meant "Get off my bike, bitch."

--

Lance straightened his bag uncomfortably as he approached where Marcel was sitting. Yes, he could definitely feel a pull towards this person. He just hoped that it didn't get him in too much trouble. Unlike most of his impolite peers, he didn't immediately sit down. Manners were important in his world, as they were a great value.

"Pardon me, but may I sit?" Lance asked.

--

Lin blushed. It was usually embarrassing for her to ask for the notes, so she usually had to ask different people. "T-This whole week's. Sorry!"
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: TomJackal on January 01, 2014, 08:12:32 PM
As the young man wandered, a sight caught his eye. A sign that read 'Travelling Merchant'. He smiled and shook his head. "Crazy woman..." He muttered, stepping into the shop. "Anna! Did you move again?" he called, looking around the room.
A black haired woman poked her head through the door. "Oh! Michael! I was wondering when you'd find me."
"It's not hard when your sign is the most recognizable thing in Ylisstol next to the Fire Emblem." Michael replied, smiling.

"So what can I get you today?" Anna said, coming into full view. She wore a red t-shirt and jeans that always had a grease stain or something. Or at least, Michael always saw them that way.
"I need books. Dad needs whatever old things you got-"
"Dad still a history buff? Awesome." Anna chimed, starting to rifle through her stock.
"Not for the house. And I need a Magic Tome." the boy concluded, and stuffed the list into his pocket.
"A Tome, eh? Last I checked, your family doesn't use magic, Mikey." Anna said, a sly grin on her face. She made her way to the counter with a small stack and set it at the counter.
"I got my permit last month. I can use the E class stuff."
"Mm, I must be slipping if I let that gem escape me. Hold on, I'll go see what I have in the back." With that, Anna flitted off to the back room, where she had the weapons, tomes, and staves stored.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Nask on January 01, 2014, 10:29:47 PM
Marcel looks up from his book to see Lance spoke to him. Odd that the Cho'sin speaks to him now, since he himself prefers to just simply move on and avoid the spotlight as per say. Not the type where he approaches new students.

Still from what he heard about Cho'sin culture, it would be rude to not decline. Also, Lance is polite enough to ask.

"Sure. Take a seat." Marcel answers in kind to Lance, points to the chair on the opposite end of the small table. Then he turns a page on his Novel.

-

The Blond walks into what seem to be a drive-through place where usually vehicles comes in and park to order their food. He done something like this as well by walking up to the stall where people can eat outside as there's a table. He press the button and make his order, then goes to sit down at the table and waits for his order. Even support his hand to his chin out of boredom.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Sam Altaris Leonhart on January 01, 2014, 11:44:01 PM
Alexander gave Lina bit of a disappointed look. "15 Copper Pieces, and have it back by... 5 PM tomorrow," he said as he leafed through his book for the subject.

---

Barrick jumped from the bike, and lifted his sword off his shoulder as he started to walk off. "If you need me, check the gym sometime. Fare thee well, 'Lance'."
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: PitFTW on January 01, 2014, 11:59:50 PM
"Thank you," Lance said as he took the seat offered. Feeling that Marcel would probably not want to make any further conversation, he rummaged around in his bag for a little bit before pulling out a scroll. Ah yes, he still read from scrolls. It was nothing like the electronic readers or the books or anything that most people had today, and Quinn had yet to teach him in the ways of books and e-readers. So, he was content with his scroll, where the Cho'sin language was written in many lessons that he carried to heart.

--

Quinn grunted in response. "Sure, whatever. Later, maybe." with that, he kicked his bike into gear again and drove off towards the nearest fast-food joint. He leaped off it as soon as he parked it and walked in, practically shoving the door aside. A lot of people turned to look at him, and a good majority of them kinda shrunk in their seats. Good. The more people that feared him, the less likely he would wake up with a switchblade stuck in his chest.

"I'll take the usual," he said lazily to the cashier. After paying for his lunch, he walked out and picked a table next to some blonde kid, sitting down and waiting for his food.

--

Lin bit her lip. All of this falling asleep in class was beginning to get expensive. Luckily, her parents were well off and she had a small fortune gifted to her from some relatives far away, she didn't know. Still though, there were better things to spend coppers on. Reluctantly, she took out her purse and carefully counted out the money, before taking Alex's notes. She furrowed her nose a little at the chicken scratch, but nonetheless, at least he was nicer about lending her notes than most people.

"Thanks, Alex! You're the best, you know that? Oh! Um… I don't know if you've noticed, but have you seen all the signs posted up around campus?"
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Kimoto on January 02, 2014, 12:05:52 AM
Once Anna was in the back... The tall woman who had been looking for some target came up behind Michael, not making a sound, as she reached... And grabbed at his throat from behind.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Sam Altaris Leonhart on January 02, 2014, 12:15:01 AM
Barrick checked his watch, then his phone. He looked up the Home Security app to see if Alexander had gone to the apartment, and sighed when he saw he hadn't returned. "Guess I'm getting the food." He shot Alexander a quick test, and went to the marketplace.

---

"Signs?" Alex asked. He didn't hang on campus much.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Slider Eclipse on January 02, 2014, 12:20:36 AM
Maria huffed and pouted a bit inside the bookstore. " where is he.. he should have been here by now. " she muttered to herself. as she boredly thumbed through a random book, one eye on the front door. blissfully unaware that not only has her plan fallen to pieces.. but that her Friend was in trouble.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: PitFTW on January 02, 2014, 12:32:30 AM
Lin nodded. "Yeah. All these signs about this weird festival thing in the marketplace. It's supposed to be annual, but…" she paused. "I've need seen it any year since I moved here. But a lotta people are acting like it's nothing."
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Nask on January 02, 2014, 12:52:50 AM
It is true that Marcel does not desire further conversation, but...

"...What is that scroll about?" Marcel asks, curious of what that scroll that Lance is reading. He kept his eyes on his reading, but he can pay attention toward to the coming conversation. Seeing a scroll is something worth noting, even to this day and in this country.

-

The blond didn't noticed the sudden fear in the air from a biker entering the place. He simply yawns and thinks about what to do after he eats, possibly check out that festival and see if there's anything note worthy there.

Then he notice that his order comes in and place the try down on his table. Consist of two hot dogs, fries, and a drink.

"Thanks." The blond takes out the coins needed to pay for his meal, plus tip to the girl that brought in his order. After the girl left saying 'Have a good day', he proceed to get started eating.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: TomJackal on January 02, 2014, 10:16:49 AM
When Michael was grabbed, he panicked. Anna wouldn't hear any cries for help in the back, so he figured he was on his own in this one. The boy grabbed his weapon by the sheath and yanked it off his waist, then twisted it and jabed the woman in the gut as hard as he could.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Kimoto on January 02, 2014, 11:30:58 AM
The woman knew she wouldn't react in time for this one, so she went with it a bit, taking the hit but lowering the force by going back as well without losing her grip, and threw Michael at the wall.

"Hm... Smart at least..." She muttered, rethinking. If the rest would act this appropriately maybe the other option was a good one... "... Kid tell me your name and I won't make it attack."

She gave that offer as a shadow cast over her, and a foreboding feeling, as something odd was definitely happening in town.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: TomJackal on January 02, 2014, 02:17:14 PM
Michael hit the wall and definitely felt something crack. He took a couple steps away from the wall and faced the woman. It took a moment for him to assess the situation. Left lens cracked... Bruised neck in the making... Maybe a bone fracture somewhere... Ok... All she's asking for is my name. Don't wanna find out what 'it' is... "Michael Matthews..." Then a thought occured to him. "And who might you be?"
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Sam Altaris Leonhart on January 02, 2014, 02:48:52 PM
"Oh, that Grima Festival?" Alexander asked almost nonchalantly. "It's a Plegian Festival to their Old God. An excuse to drink and party. It's been creeping eastward for a decade or so."

---

Barrick thought he heard something as he walked through the marketplace. He looked around, but didn't make more investigations, since nothing seemed to follow it.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Kimoto on January 02, 2014, 03:27:51 PM
The woman memorized the name and was a bit surprised he decided to ask for hers.

"... Very well. I'll give you that. You may call me Nagi." She turned and walked away while telling him. "I suggest moving fast if you don't want to die."

She said that because... All over town there were people who seemed unusually blank, with vacant expressions, carrying weapons.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Sam Altaris Leonhart on January 02, 2014, 03:51:36 PM
Barrick turned to a side street, right into a zombie-like figure holding a sword. "Hey, watch the weapon." He took a step back.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: TomJackal on January 02, 2014, 04:34:55 PM
Michael looked around. The bag of apples sat by Nagi unharmed, and Anna came back with the tome. "Alright, Mike, I got your stuff!"
Michael took his pouch of money and threw it at the shopkeep who in turn hurled the book. "Anna, get the regular books and the apples to my place, and there's another 100 gold in it for you."
"200."
"150!"
Anna rolled her eyes. "150."
"Glad you see it my way. Nagi, I don't know what's going on, but it seems like you do, so come with me!" With that, Michael ran out the shop, weapons in hand.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Kimoto on January 02, 2014, 04:42:39 PM
"Go with... That kids an idiot..." Nagi muttered to herself, walking calmly out as if she had all the time in the world with a long stride.  After all... It's not like she was on the side of the people of the town.

She just wanted to achieve her own personal ambition.

...

The figure Barrick ran into just stared at him Vacantly... Before slashing at him. Each one of these Figures through out the town was incredibly pale though...
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Sam Altaris Leonhart on January 02, 2014, 04:50:08 PM
Barrick easily deflected the strike, noting both that his wooden practice sword wouldn't last long, as that made a chip fly off, and that the figure couldn't put much power into their blows.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: TomJackal on January 02, 2014, 04:54:43 PM
As Michael was running, he was checking the dozen or so bookshops he'd passed. "Damn it... Why couldn't this happen somewhere else...?" He seemed to be looking for someone now, though she wasn't turning up.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Slider Eclipse on January 02, 2014, 05:03:53 PM
Maria Looked up from her book to see Michael running by with another girl in tow.. with a huff of annoyance she snapped shut the book, calmly reshelved it and began chasing after him, lance in hand.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: TomJackal on January 02, 2014, 05:06:44 PM
Michael stopped a moment and turned, seeing who he was looking for. "Maria! There you are! Been looking all over for you!"
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Slider Eclipse on January 02, 2014, 05:14:11 PM
 maria simply walked calmly to him with a disturbingly large grin on her face.. before swinging the blunt end of her lance into his face...

" Thats for making me Wait! and who was that girl you were with?!" She said in a squeeky attempt at a yell, pointing back down the street not even bothering to notice that the other girl was so far behind she was practically missing. 
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: TomJackal on January 02, 2014, 05:21:40 PM
WHACK!
"AGH! Gods, Maria, that freakin' hurt!" Michael practically shouted, knocked onto his arse by the hit.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Slider Eclipse on January 02, 2014, 05:23:42 PM
Maria simply pouted while she used her staff for a quick heal spell. " then maybe next time you shouldn't make me wait so long..  or go off with random strangers.. " she muttered in a hushed tone hoping he wouldn't hear her.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: TomJackal on January 02, 2014, 05:45:37 PM
"Sorry..." Michael muttered, getting up. "Anyway, come with me! Something weird's going on!"
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Slider Eclipse on January 02, 2014, 05:48:55 PM
Maria kept her pout but still nodded and held his arm, ready for him to lead the way.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Kimoto on January 02, 2014, 05:57:39 PM
Nagi kept walking as she caught up. Oddly enough her casual walking seemed to catch up to the running fairly quickly afterward, as she just yawned.

"... I'm not on your side you know." Nagi put that out there once she had actually caught up, as she pulled on her gloves.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: TomJackal on January 02, 2014, 06:11:57 PM
Michael looked at Nagi and just rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Just help us clear these things out of town, and you can be on your way. Maria, get ready to use your lance," Michael looked around and saw some guy struggling against one of the things with a wooden blade. "Oh great, they're violent..."
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Kimoto on January 02, 2014, 06:15:56 PM
"..." Nagi really wondered how dim the kid was. She had said something to the effect of them being under her and he didn't realize it... Oh well. It would help her get closer and if things don't go her way, she could get rid of them.

Meanwhile the Vacant Man attacking Barrick pulled back, as it readied it's sword, as if it was some sort of trained warrior.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Slider Eclipse on January 02, 2014, 06:19:06 PM
Maria nodded before drawing her lance, keeping her staff slung  to her side like a sword just in case.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Sam Altaris Leonhart on January 02, 2014, 07:10:45 PM
Barrick glanced around for a weapon stand nearby before throwing a low kick at his opponents legs.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: PitFTW on January 03, 2014, 03:28:14 PM
"It's still creepy," Lin said, shivering a little. She didn't really have much women's intuition, but the rare times it did some to her, it usually had pretty good sense. At this moment, it was telling her that no matter how innocent it seemed, the Grima Festival was anything but good. She briefly considered wandering to the marketplace, to see if she could catch any creepy cultists setting up or anything. Ah, but she did not have her bow with her and even then, she had been banned from carrying it over there ever since the tomato incident. "But… still, I guess it's worth checking out, right? Wanna go?"

--

"It is a scroll of Cho'sin values," Lance said. "It is also imbued with a powerful magic that-" the scroll began glowing. Lance blinked in surprise then stood up, frowning as the letters began rearranging themselves. The magic only activated when great danger was nearby. It would even give him the location of it so he could either run away from the place or towards it. Lance bit his bottom lip. "There is a great evil at work here. I advise you stay away…" he checked his pocket for his two daggers, gifts from his parents. "And I hope that the enemy fights with honor."

--

Quinn simply sat there and chewed his burger, not paying attention to anything. Hell, if an explosion happened outside, the only way he'd look up is if it affected his bike in some way. He loved the thing, since he worked so hard to get it. It was practically his girlfriend at this point.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Nask on January 03, 2014, 05:42:10 PM
"...Great." said Marcel as he quickly gets up, partly disappointed that he didn't get to hear more about the scroll. It is sound like a good read like the closed book he's holding in his hand. Still objects with powerful magics are not something to be easily dismissed, especially if it warns them of great danger.

He quickly reach out for his gun and pulls it out in the open, but ends up reaching air. Of all times...!

"I left my weapon and the ammo in my room." Marcel said to Lance. He didn't think he had to use it, considering the rules involved on campus. "Where is the danger originated from?" Just so he can calculate and make a run to grab his weapon to defend himself.

-

The Blond paused the moment as he sips his soda drink. He still enjoying his meal, but... He noticed something odd outside in the streets through the window. People wielding weapons out in the open, eyes seem to be vacant...

He took off his headphones and the music coming off dies down, but not enough where it is silent. He said. "What is that?" He wonders.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Kimoto on January 03, 2014, 05:45:05 PM
All around town, the Vacant people started attacking innocents, seemingly like they were looking for something specific. Each on attacked like a trained warrior.

Nagi... Though decided to make one specifically attack Michael and Maria from behind, shoving them both down, and kicking it back followed by punching the vacant man in the shoulder to drop his weapon, before a knee to the stomach where he fell for now, mostly because she was controlling it to go down easily.

"... You two aren't careful enough." She prayed her acting just now would keep her on those two's good side.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Sam Altaris Leonhart on January 04, 2014, 12:44:48 PM
Alexander shrugged. "Sure, why not? Mind if I drop my stuff off at my house, first?"

---

Barrick made a feint towards the Vacant's sword arm before wheeling it up and around to try and hit it on it's temple.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: TomJackal on January 04, 2014, 04:47:52 PM
Michael just raised an eyebrow and got up. He held the tome and pulled Nagi in, whispering in her ear. "You're pulling these thing's strings, but it's clearly suicide to fight you... Just humor me and help get them out of town at least."
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Kimoto on January 04, 2014, 10:14:04 PM
Nagi rolled her eyes and moved her hands to make the things go a bit easier to clear them out, for now... But nothing happened.


The woman thought it over though... So he wouldn't approve of letting her go easy... That or she needed more practice.

"... Looks like we gotta go all out. The Morphs are deadly creatures after all." She shrugged and kicked behind her, as two more Vacant beings attack Michael and Maria with Axes.
...

The thing Nagi called a Morph was hit over by Barricks strike, but seemed to get up after being harmed, slashing at his stomach. The damage to it wasn't obvious but it definitely was hurt.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Sam Altaris Leonhart on January 05, 2014, 11:43:00 AM
Barrick stepped back to avoid the blade, growling under his breath. He stabs at the Morph's shoulder, hoping to disarm it.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Nask on January 05, 2014, 02:38:59 PM
The blond don't know what happen next as all of the sudden. There's breaking glass. People screaming and running. Just when he come to notice... He's blocking one of those vacant eyes-like people trying to kill him, only the ax that he's carrying able to block the weapon that the crazy person have. It is also when he noticed that he's standing on the floor and his axe is what led his life to be saved.

"What the hell man. Why do you guys have to interrupt some good lunch." He said, not a question but a fact. Giving a glare at the zombie-like person behind his blond blinding bangs. Then proceed to kick the person away from him.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: PitFTW on January 05, 2014, 07:00:41 PM
Quinn didn't notice anything. He was simply sitting there, chewing his burger and drinking his shake. Honestly, if anyone else was around, they would probably call him especially uncaring or particularly ignorant. Either way, as far as he could tell, his bike was still perfectly safe and sound. No one had touched it, so there was no point in him leaving his precious food. He squirted ketchup on his burger and kept eating.

--

"The main part of town," Lance said quickly, getting up. "We will need to be on our guard, lest we somehow lose our lives in the process." he leaped up and began running, already taking out his knives. He could see… things with blank faces running about, attacking others. Were these the terrible creatures, the Risen, from legend? If so, then they were surely highly dangerous. Lance leaped into the fray without a second thought, slamming the hilts of his blades into passerby Risen as he did so. Some fell to the ground, but others were soon upon him.

--

"No problem!" Lin said cheerfully. She was busy stowing the notes away in her bag anyways. That and she wanted to go get her bow. "We'll meet at the nearest fast food joint, yeah?"
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Kimoto on January 05, 2014, 07:19:37 PM
Barrick successfully disarmed the Morph but... Oddly it died right there, and faded away as if it had never been there.
...
Lance's attack on the Morphs went well but unfortunately several with Bows fired at him from afar.
...
The one who was kicked by the blond seemed to... Throw their axe at him, as more came in.
...
Elsewhere, A Morph stabbed a spear into Quinn's bike. Uh oh.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Sam Altaris Leonhart on January 05, 2014, 07:27:20 PM
Barrick reached down, picked up the left behind sword, and then dashed off to see if he could intercept any other Vacants.

---

"The burger place at the corner of campus?" Alexander asked as he zipped up his bag.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: PitFTW on January 05, 2014, 07:35:35 PM
"Yeah! It's got milkshakes too, and I think that one weird green-haired guy that's always hanging around campus goes there a lot," Lin said. She swung her bag over her shoulder and waved. "I'll see you later! I have to go to my dorm and grab some stuff." with that, she skipped off, blissfully unaware of the trouble that was happening in town.

--

"Kuso!" Lance cursed as he dived behind a car, breathing a sigh of relief as the arrows plinked uselessly off. He had been trained well in hand-to-hand combat, as was the Cho'sin way, but there was little he could do against a ranged attacker, other than maybe dodge. But even he knew that he could not dodge forever. Dark eyes searched around until he found a fallen trashcan lid. Perfect.

Lance rolled out from behind the car, holding the lid like a shield as he sheathed one of his knives and charged with the other one, desperately hoping to avoid the arrows. These Risen were surely mad!

--

The spear had cut a deep gash at the front of the bike, removing the carefully applied paint job and overall ruining the front. He didn't know why the stupid thing had to go and attack his bike, and frankly, he didn't care. The only thing that mattered was the fact that this stupid… whatever the fuck it was had attacked his bike. Now he abandoned his meal, now he was on his feet, now he was mad.

"You fucking asshole," Quinn half-whispered as he suddenly ran up behind the Morph and sliced the blade of his knife across the offender's neck. "That was a HARLEY FUCKING DAVIDSON!"
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: TomJackal on January 05, 2014, 07:43:43 PM
"Right then." Michael glanced down at the Tome that he got from Anna. Thunder. Perfect. He saw a Vacant coming after Nagi with a spear from behind, pushed her to the side, and let loose a magical bolt right in the thing's face.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Nask on January 05, 2014, 07:54:57 PM
"I'll catch up!" Marcel yells at Lance left the place. Then he start running toward his room to grab his gun and the ammo bag as soon as possible. Once there, he checked drawers to take out a revolver and a ammo bag, the said bag includes the holster and belt. He strap the belt and unlatch the safety on the revolver.

Then the glasses man quickly goes to try to catch up with Lance, input the bullets into the gun. By the time he reaches the Cho'sin, there are archers firing at the charging guy with the trash can lid.

Marcel cursed as his aim would hit Lance in the crossfire. However... He noted that archers' position.... Some of them are atop of the car and behind it, which means... He took aim and fire at the car's wheels. Intending to blow the wheels out to distract some of the archers...

-

The Blond rolls out of the way to avoid the throwing axe. Part of his hair got cut off in the process. He swings his axe at the attacking person, but he noticed the number of these zombie people (what else to call them if they attacking the innocent?) coming in are rising...

...Bad day to eat out. He thought.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Sam Altaris Leonhart on January 05, 2014, 08:26:02 PM
Just as the Vacant got hit by the bolt, Barrick slashed it from behind with his new sword. with that, he seemed to just appear from nowhere.

---

Alexander took a quick route to his apartment that bypassed the market, managing to avoid a majority of the Vacants.
Title: Re: Awakening Redux
Post by: Kimoto on March 04, 2014, 03:49:37 AM
Nagi watched the current Morphs get dispatched.

"... I'll need a word with him about strengthening them... And finding a way to keep them from attacking me..." She muttered to herself, as she suddenly turned... And started running away due to the appearance of Barrick.
...

A new load of Morphs started attacking everyone with swords this time.